• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Overwatch update filters "gg ez" into different, hilarious phrases

CqFZPf_VUAAlrXY.jpg:large

image credit to xander cage, our very own mercy man

here's a video of it in practice on the PTR

this is hilarious and probably the best way i've seen to counter this kind of behaviour - though i hope they'll filter ggez, g g e z, gg e z, etc as well. way too common at the end of the game.

lock if superfluous i guess? think this was funny enough for a thread

SoulUnison

Banned
Love the idea, but those "fake ban messages" are a little cruel.

Are they a typo?

The last couple entries on that list seem out of place.

Uiki

This is just sad.

I still don't know if the kids are the ones writing "gg ez" or the ones getting butthurt from it..

A welcome addition, that phrase was never used in a light-hearted manner. It's always the abusive players that managed to scrape a win after insulting their team all game long that type it at the end of a match, and every time it sours the mood for everyone.

Razmos

This is just sad.

I still don't know if the kids are the ones writing "gg ez" or the ones getting butthurt from it..
It always used to piss me off when I was playing league of legends, it could have been a really close, fun match and then you have a dick head saying that the win was "easy". It's really bad sportsmanship and contributes massively to an already toxic community.

I don't play multiplayer games like that any more because of how toxic the people are. Call me a wimp if you want lol

Interfectum

This is just sad.

I think people who win a game and decide bring unnecessary toxicity for no reason other than to piss players off are the "kids."

mike6467

It always used to piss me off when I was playing league of legends, it could have been a really close, fun match and then you have a dick head saying that the win was "easy". It's really bad sportsmanship and contributes massively to an already toxic community.

I don't play multiplayer games like that any more because of how toxic the people are. Call me a wimp if you want lol

Don't blame you at all. I haven't touched Overwatch since the first two weeks after release. I heard more insults and just straight up harassment during that time then I ever did during the 5.84 days of DOTA, and THAT was a fucking toxic community for a game, but it was more understandable since it ran 45-80 minutes, you were more invested. Overwatch games are over so quick it's hard to understand how people get so worked up.

I am curious to see what they've done for the summer games stuff though, maybe I'll start it up tonight.

Gxgear

I just turn off chat, even ez-ier. Can't deal with groups gloating after winning in quickplay like they won a tournament.

woopWOOP

Ha, that's pretty good
It'll take half a day for people to circumvent it with misspelling/something else, but that's pretty good.

lol, I found "gg ez" to be pretty funny. Yeah, bragging is obnoxious but it's so simple and just goofy that I'm genuinely surprised anyone takes it seriously. I don't play multiplayer games though, so I dunno.

Lord Phol

Hahah, fun and smart. Anything that brings down the toxicity/hostility level even if just a bit is good a thing IMO.

Top Bottom