• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Ozzy

Wow...that was better than I was expecting. I mean...its better than shock the monkey at least?
The guitar is kinda lame for ozzy tho. Very numetal, not enough REAL metal. Still, ozzy's vocals are still on key, amazingly.

Kagey K

Banned
That Ozzy song with Post Malone is better then it has any right to be, but if I’m honest I haven’t followed Ozzy much since around the time Perry Mason came out.
He sounded like a boomer singing about shit I didn’t care about.

Kagey K

Banned
That’s the guy that’s to blame for the Kardashians. I think he had the first family reality TV show.
Between The Osborne’s and Jackass they really did start the shit wave of crappy TV, even if both of those shows were mint at the time,

Kagey K

Banned
Show me all the other stunt shows like Jackass. I'll wait.
I will counter that with The Dudesons, but I meant more of them incorporating stupid stunts into “reality game shows” like Fear Factor and a billion other shows since. Plus all the spin offs we got from Jackass.

It was really a combination of Survivor, The Osborne’s and Jackass that got us where we are today for reality TV, especially on MTV.

brap

Banned
I will counter that with The Dudesons, but I meant more of them incorporating stupid stunts into “reality game shows” like Fear Factor and a billion other shows since. Plus all the spin offs we got from Jackass.

It was really a combination of Survivor, The Osborne’s and Jackass that got us where we are today for reality TV, especially on MTV.
Was The Dudesons ever even shown in America?

Kagey K

Banned
Was The Dudesons ever even shown in America?
TBH I’m not sure, I don’t live there, what Jackass really did was evolve into the YouTube video, and have then evolved into Tosh and Ridiculousness.

I love Jackass and it holds a special place in my younger years, but it’s long term effects in TV may not have been worth it.

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
Wow...that was better than I was expecting. I mean...its better than shock the monkey at least?
The guitar is kinda lame for ozzy tho. Very numetal, not enough REAL metal. Still, ozzy's vocals are still on key, amazingly.
Is it still Gus G? He's never been as good a writer as Randy Rhodes or Zakk Wylde.

I really wish Zakk hadn't shot his mouth off and tried to take all the credit for writing the songs he has with Ozzy, they made a good team and it's sad it ended for something so dumb.

lock2k

Banned
Is it still Gus G? He's never been as good a writer as Randy Rhodes or Zakk Wylde.

I really wish Zakk hadn't shot his mouth off and tried to take all the credit for writing the songs he has with Ozzy, they made a good team and it's sad it ended for something so dumb.

Not Gus, it's the producer, Andrew Watt.

Airola

Is it difficult living under a rock?

No.
Come here with me. It's rather easy to live without insignificant music.

EDIT:
Googled him. Holy shit, I'm doubling down everything I mentioned above.
EDIT2:
For some reason I thought he might've been the black guy with the video with a lot of shooting and stupid lyrics.
But apparently this is the guy brap had in his avatar for a long time?
Yeah, I'm tripling down everyting I mentioned at first.
EDIT3:
Holy hell, it's not the same as the brap dude?
There's another one? This is an actual thing, a trend?
Hell, I'm quadrupling down all I first said.

Last edited:

Airola

Naah, I’m good. Music doesn’t have to be significant, just good. Plus it would get exhausting pretending I’d never heard of current artists.

I dropped off the contemporary music wagon around the time One Direction was a thing.
A couple of years ago the top10 music videos on Youtube list had two recognizable names to me.

Don't worry, the world goes around even if someone doesn't know the hip artists you know. I'm officially a "dad" now what comes to knowledge of contemporary pop music and it feels surprisingly ok :D

Top Bottom