• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New PAC-MAN CE DX screens (XBLA/PSN), December release date

Jim

Can't... wait... But we'll have to since it's a December 2010 XBLA/PSN release now.
Love all the new styles, like the Pac-Mania one.

New screens Namco sent over this morning.

reminds me of a certain banned gif in a bad way

however, if it's good, I might pick it up on PSN
already have CE on XBLA so I'd like to diversify

MMaRsu

Banned
Are you kidding me this looks fucking amazing :D :D :D :D

_dementia said:
is fuuuuuck.gif still banned?
because that what these screens look like

I got banned for using it awhile ago so yes.

The first Championship Edition was crazy, but crazy awesome. And this looks like they've gone even crazier with this title. Must have.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Somewhere, JVM just needed a change of pants, and he doesn't know why... :lol

*puts on the Pac-man signal for JVM*

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
jvm will be pleased (ecstatic).

Anyway, I might get it because of jvm.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
One of the recent Giant Bomb podcasts had some impressions on this. It sounds completely awesome. :D

Empty

ce is still one of my favourite xbla games, so consider me hyped. had no idea this game existed. love the lego brick screen.

BiggNife

I actually never bought the first CE, even though it intrigued me. But holy crap, this looks fantastic.

Even if it's $15 I'll still get it.

Ezalc

Yes, definitely getting this. I didn't get the firs Pac-man CE and now that this one is being released I'll just save up points for this one instead. It looks so much fun, can't wait.

I bought Pac-Man for 400 points - totally worth it.

I bought Pac-Man CE for 800 points - totally worth it.

This better not be 1200 points, but even if it is - it'll probably be totally worth it.

Gowans

Wario64 said:
I hope this isn't 1200 pts and has an awesome soundtrack.
Yeah same, also hope it's different enough to warrant the purchase, loved the old one but haven't played it in ages.

Seriously is $5 more that big of a deal (about the $10 compared to $15 issue)? It seems like some are all for games when they're $10 but when an extra $5 is tacked on they act like it's a $50 price hike.

SolidSnakex said:
Seriously is $5 more that big of a deal (about the $10 compared to $15 issue)? It seems like some are all for games when they're $10 but when an extra $5 is tacked on they act like it's a $50 price hike.

I view it the same as the difference between a $20(400 points), $40(800) and a $60(1200) game.

In the respect that I can buy three $40 games for the same price as two $60 games.

Plus Geometry Wars 1 was 400 points and that's skewed my perception of value on the entire Xbox Arcade library.

Azar

Pac-Man CE may well be one of the best, most pure videogames I've ever played. If this reaches that level of quality with so much more content, it will be legendary.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
MrPliskin said:
I hope it's $15 just to spite the people who expect every game on a DD platform to have a uniform price point :lol

HURR DURR

In other news: I extremely doubt it'll be $15 if it's just Pacman CE with a new coat of paint. Who knows. Developers love to screw with customers.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
jvm said:
IT'S HAPPENING. IT'S REALLY HAPPENING!

Uh, where is PSP version? :(

I bet you're crying with joy right now.

Azar

TheSeks said:
HURR DURR

In other news: I extremely doubt it'll be $15 if it's just Pacman CE with a new coat of paint. Who knows. Developers love to screw with customers.
100 levels is a lot of paint

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Looks nice, the only thing I have a small problem with is I doubt this version will ever come out on a disc, and I don't trust Microsoft to let me redownload games in a decade.

jooey

The Motorcycle That Wouldn't Slow Down
Drkirby said:
Looks nice, the only thing I problem I have is I doubt this version will ever come out on a disc, and I don't trust Microsoft to let me redownload games in a decade.
so do you just paste this in any thread for a downloadable game?

luka

Loves Robotech S1
Looks awesome, glad it's coming to PSN. Really like the first one.

Hell with enough content I'd buy a disc version.

Top Bottom