• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Persona 5 Royal Screenshots and Gorgeous Art Show Phantom Thieves, Personas, and Mementos

Mista

Banned
Persona-5-Royal-4-2.jpg

Today Atlus updated the official website of its upcoming JRPG Persona 5 Royal, which brings several new additions to the original Persona 5.

Following the reveal on weekly Famitsu, we get to see the brand new artwork featuring some of the phantom thieves, including Makoto, Futaba, Haru, Morgana, and Goro Akechi, who is the one who received the largest changes.

We also get to see their new personas, Agnes, Al Azif, Lucy, Diego, and Robin Hood.

The screenshots focus on the renewed mementos, which include a new character named Jose.

He actually lives in Mementos and you can trade him with flowers to obtain healing and SP recovery items, and stamps to alter the rewards you can get in Mementos in terms of items, XP, and money.

Twinfinite

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Does it have the same fan base?
It can, if that person enjoyed press turn combat and demon fusion then chances are he/she will like SMT even more. I really like Persona series but it’s about time Atlus gives some love to SMT series.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
no. Persona is hugely more popular. funny because Persona is a spin off based on SMT.

i might enjoy SMTV when it comes out but i wouldn't have no interest in playing it at all if it wasn't for Persona.

Dirk Benedict

Gold Member
Oh, shit... I hope
Will be saved so we can play as him up till the very end!

Also, apparently you're albe to directly affect/change Memetos, possibly using a point system??

Last edited:

Ulysses 31

What's the history behind Royal? Is it the game the devs originally wanted to make but couldn't because of time constraints?

Danjin44

What's the history behind Royal? Is it the game the devs originally wanted to make but couldn't because of time constraints?
No, it just simply what Atlus does. They did it with Nocturne, Strange Journey, Persona 3&4, Catherine and now Persona 5.

mejin

It couldn't have since Atlus chose to separate the series: Persona to Playstation and SMT to Nintendo. But who knows.

Anyway, what I mean is I wish for SMT V to have as much investment as Persona has.

McCheese

I still don't get this.

Persona 4 golden was a similar 'directors cut' with new stuff added in, but that was released on a different platform. As someone who finished 5 on the PS4 already, and has been putting off the new game plus mode, this sort of just frustrates me. No point in doing a new game plus when this is available, but no point in doing this if nothing from my 60 hours already spent carries over.

Persona has such a cult following, I wouldn't expect folks to pass on the game up until now are going to jump in on this. so it's frustrating they didn't do more to encourage double-dipping. even the DLC will not carry over, and it's not clear if it's included, or must be purchasable again for this.

Last edited:

Danjin44

I still don't get this, with Persona 4 golden was a similar 'directors cut' with new stuff added in, but that was released on a different platform. As someone who finished 5 and has been putting off the new game plus mode, this sort of just frustrates me. No point in doing a new game plus when this is available, but no point in doing this if nothing from my 60 hours already spent carries over.

Persona has such a cult following, I wouldn't expect folks to pass on the game up until now are going to jump in on this. Frustrating they didn't do more to encourage double-dipping.
They done the same thing with Nocturne the difference is we never got the original release, we got Maniax version from get go. We also got Persona 3FES after original Persona 3 released on PS2.

Last edited:
They done the same thing with Nocturne the difference is we never got the original release, we got Maniax version from get go. We also got Persona 3FES after original Persona 3 released on PS2.

This looks more substantial than P3 FES, or even P4G. It's almost as big an increase in content as the DeSu games, assuming that the extra story is not, ah, like The Answer. Or like all the schlock in P4G.

Speaking of, I'm still concerned about the changes they are making to the story. The way certain characters are being done will change a lot of plot of the game. It reminds me of the Shinji nonsense in P3P, where he magically got saved if you maxed his social link in the FeMC story. Which in turn dmaged a lot of the rest of the story, particularly for Akihiko. Even if their implementation was. . .sort of bad in P5, the story was still built entirely around them.

Danjin44

This looks more substantial than P3 FES, or even P4G. It's almost as big an increase in content as the DeSu games, assuming that the extra story is not, ah, like The Answer. Or like all the schlock in P4G.

Speaking of, I'm still concerned about the changes they are making to the story. The way certain characters are being done will change a lot of plot of the game. It reminds me of the Shinji nonsense in P3P, where he magically got saved if you maxed his social link in the FeMC story. Which in turn dmaged a lot of the rest of the story, particularly for Akihiko. Even if their implementation was. . .sort of bad in P5, the story was still built entirely around them.
Yeah, Both P5R and Catherine Full Body has more changes in core story and gameplay compare to to P3FES and P4G. Will just have to see and find out how those new story elements will effect original story.

Top Bottom