• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Platinum Games Title - Vanquish (Mikami TPS, PS3/360, Winter 2010)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dascu

robor said:
If this game is going to play like I imagine it will, Mikami should definitely think about implementing PS Move into the PS3 version. Like RE4 Wii, it will only enhance the experience.
If so, I guess we'll find out at its E3 showing. Hopefully Team Little Angels or the MadWorld team have some new games to show off as well.

I have a friend at Sega who has seen it, but all she ever tells me is that I'll love it. Damn her for not risking her job to give me information and details to fuel my gaming obsession. I need new friends with good priorites. :lol

Can't wait to see gameplay from this. This is a game that I'd really like to get a demo of. Could do a lot for it. There was a Bayonetta demo...Who knows.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Naked Prime said:
Casshern is that you?

Funny you say that, because the character in Vanquished was highly inspired by Casshern, according to Mikami.

TreIII

thetrin said:
Funny you say that, because the character in Vanquished was highly inspired by Casshern, according to Mikami.

Well, it's not that hard to see the connection.

Guy who dons a powerful suit that allows him to go out and whup some robot ass that otherwise threatens humanity, complete with a "face-mask" that can come on and off at will.

Hell, I remember Mikami distinctly saying that he wanted Sam to have a "transforming dog" as an assistant....too bad he didn't go through with it. I would have rather had a "Friender" than these AI allies that I'll likely have to babysit at one point or another. :lol

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Yeah, originally Sam's "friender" was supposed to transform into the various guns. :lol

(I would have loved that)

Noshino

Naked Prime said:
I have a friend at Sega who has seen it, but all she ever tells me is that I'll love it. Damn her for not risking her job to give me information and details to fuel my gaming obsession. I need new friends with good priorites. :lol

Sleep with her! and upload it while she is taking a shower!

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
To note, the episode is primarily about Crysis 2, so this will probably only be a gameplay trailer as opposed to a very detailed walkthrough of the game.

thetrin

Is the new GTTV up on gametrailers yet? I don't see it, if it is. (also, where in the show is it?)

Is the Bulletstorm episode the one with Vanquish footage?

EDIT: Oh, it's not listed, so I guess not. How often does GTTV update?

thetrin said:
Is the new GTTV up on gametrailers yet? I don't see it, if it is. (also, where in the show is it?)

Is the Bulletstorm episode the one with Vanquish footage?

EDIT: Oh, it's not listed, so I guess not. How often does GTTV update?

GTTV airs on Friday nights. So the episode with Vanquish footage will be this Friday.

TreIII

Famitsu scans covering this game are out.

Really like what I'm seeing. In case any of us forgot, the basic take away is "High Speed + High Tension". :D

Some of the enemy designs look pretty spiffy as well. I like the "Romanov", certainly. :D

thetrin

SolidSnakex said:
GTTV airs on Friday nights. So the episode with Vanquish footage will be this Friday.

Even that short of a wait is going to be painful. :(

Roarer said:
• Mikami opens the conference by saying "Is there anyone from IGN here? Thanks for that God Hand review". :-D
LTTP on this but :lol Just played through God Hand and it is outstanding.

So is this going to be like P.N.03? I'm playing that right now and really enjoying it, surprisingly I like the Trial Missions more than anything else. Never know what room will be next.
EDIT: The focus on offense and defense at all times is nice too. It's not just squatting behind cover (though you do have that option sometimes), but dodging and attacking at the same time.

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
SolidSnakex said:
You've still got a little under an hour and a half to wait.

that's shitty. this must be, what, central time then?

2nbd5xt.jpg

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
~Devil Trigger~ said:
12:30 eastern right?

My listing shows it coming on at some weird time like 12:20 eastern.

EDIT: Yep, comes on at 12:22am Eastern time on Spike TV.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom