• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Pokémon Games have Leaked

Saber

Gold Member
The remakes looks like have some drastic visual downgrades.

Still...they're D/P, I might want to keep a look at them.

As for the new game LOL, hope you guys enjoy this...whatever the crap it is.

Derktron

Banned
I like the idea of an Open World game especially for a Pokemon game which always made sense but I have a feeling it will be filled with emptiness and nothing really added that is new. I'm excited to see how it is. Maybe this game would jump into the Pokemon games because the latest one turned me off.

Derktron

Banned
We made it..we finally fucking made it

A true open world pokemon game
kcV9bal.jpg
924vtcv.jpg
Okay 👍 looking at this now makes me excited. Pokemon has always needed an Open World game.

Zoro7

Banned
The remakes looks like have some drastic visual downgrades.

Still...they're D/P, I might want to keep a look at them.

As for the new game LOL, hope you guys enjoy this...whatever the crap it is.
It’s something different? If you don’t enjoy it you can always go back and play the same games over and over.

OnionSnake

Banned
Only thing confusing to me with Legends is that it has three random starters from previous games, but with the Legends sub-brand I'm guessing they don't want to introduce any new pokemon? Plus it is a prequel and all.

Saber

Gold Member
It’s something different? If you don’t enjoy it you can always go back and play the same games over and over.

Remakes usually stand out because they use the refined visuals of current generation. HG/SS uses Pl as base, the same happens with AR/OS using XY as base.

And spare me of your dumb remark.

Banjo64

cumsessed
Over 440K concurrent viewers which is more than state of play lol.
Isn’t Pokémon one of the biggest IPs in the world?

Are Diamond and Pearl the first mainland Pokémon games that aren’t being developed by GameFreak?

I like that it’s going back to the old school top down view, but wow that art style is atrocious. All of the characters look like fat little dwarfy umpa-lumpas. Christ.

Kholinar

Banned
Is this a joke?
BOTW open world = many interaction with the world itself and very flexible. Dynamic progression instead of linear like HZD. Weather system that affected the world and complex wind system that completely blown HZD out of water.

Take a look at the comparison videos dude. Take a look how dull and scripted the world of HZD and how alive BOTW world in comparison.

HZD open world
-Static environment interaction
-Non existence physics of NPC
-Linear progression
-Non existence weather system
-Non existence of basic systemic logic
-Scripted encounter
-0 terraforming
-Non existence physics on weapons and etc.
Dude, how the fuck would 'dynamic' progression benefit a linear story? The only reason why BOTW has that sort of system is because there's essentially no active plotlines or story. And even with that system, there's not MUCH variation in what you're able to do in the open world like in HZD. The cartoonish physics in BOTW isn't needed and is just dressing to compensate for the lack of content in the overworld.

-Different tiers of monsters roam the HZD open world with varying tiers of loot.
-massive amounts of collectibles in the open world that can aid you in weapon, armor, and skill progression
-various side quests with interesting characters and situations, side activities like bounties, tallnecks, bandit camps
-more complex geometry with textures consisting of more than just basic grass and stone textures
-better enemy AI

I don't care how many pots and pans you can break in BOTW. Does it feel lived in and immersive? Nope.

Saber

Gold Member
Isn’t Pokémon one of the biggest IPs in the world?

Are Diamond and Pearl the first mainland Pokémon games that aren’t being developed by GameFreak?

I like that it’s going back to the old school top down view, but wow that art style is atrocious. All of the characters look like fat little dwarfy umpa-lumpas. Christ.

I think the worst thing is that even the battles looks downgraded. Kinda sad they gave this game such a treatment.

Last edited:

Kholinar

Banned
What is there to do Horizon's Open world?
Aside from pre defined linear activities which are marked on the map, which you might as well select from a menu, what can you actually do in the open world in Horizon?.

I really liked horizon but if you turned it into a more linear game pretty much nothing about it would change. There's no exploration, there's no fun world physics (enemy physics are fun though), there's no interesting traversal. there's no terraforming.
You call Breath of the Wild empty but Horizon is the text book example of a linear game with linear progression that just puts a whole lot of nothing in between its different activities and calls it an open world.
Could say the same for BOTW. Just select its simplistic dungeons from the menu and nothing would change because half of BOTW is simply running through an empty open world. In HZD, the open world is leveraged for the many side quests, activities, and the thematic portrayal of Aloy's curiosity about the world of the past. There's nothing interesting in BOTW's open world, just empty shit and easy af bandit camps. Must be the be the sub-phone tier CPU 🤷‍♂️

Zoro7

Banned
Remakes usually stand out because they use the refined visuals of current generation. HG/SS uses Pl as base, the same happens with AR/OS using XY as base.

And spare me of your dumb remark.
The only dumb thing here is your entitlement over Pokemon games. Get a grip and grow up.

Fbh

Could say the same for BOTW. Just select its simplistic dungeons from the menu and nothing would change because half of BOTW is simply running through an empty open world. In HZD, the open world is leveraged for the many side quests, activities, and the thematic portrayal of Aloy's curiosity about the world of the past. There's nothing interesting in BOTW's open world, just empty shit and easy af bandit camps. Must be the be the sub-phone tier CPU 🤷‍♂️

Actually no you couldn't because finding and reaching the various locations through actual exploration and world interaction is part of the experience in BOTW.
Not so in HZD, just mark something on your map and press the analog stick in that general direction, that's all there is to "exploration" in the game.

Bodomism

Banned
Dude, how the fuck would 'dynamic' progression benefit a linear story? The only reason why BOTW has that sort of system is because there's essentially no active plotlines or story. And even with that system, there's not MUCH variation in what you're able to do in the open world like in HZD. The cartoonish physics in BOTW isn't needed and is just dressing to compensate for the lack of content in the overworld.

-Different tiers of monsters roam the HZD open world with varying tiers of loot.
-massive amounts of collectibles in the open world that can aid you in weapon, armor, and skill progression
-various side quests with interesting characters and situations, side activities like bounties, tallnecks, bandit camps
-more complex geometry with textures consisting of more than just basic grass and stone textures
-better enemy AI

I don't care how many pots and pans you can break in BOTW. Does it feel lived in and immersive? Nope.
Your just defined a static open world game which is HZD.

Check list and static open world = HZD.

Kholinar

Banned
Your just defined a static open world game which is HZD.

Check list and static open world = HZD.
Rather have a static open world than the shit that was revealed in trailers today. ITS THE SAME SHIT. Empty open world with no POIs, blurry sub-HD IQ, low amount of variables in the environment, simple geometry and bad textures, etc.
zYRJH7U.jpg

Look how empty and boring that is compared to this:

lwl0guiv0jyz.gif

UmGeddv.gif

Enjoy that 'dynamic' mediocre shit lmao.

Bodomism

Banned
Rather have a static open world than the shit that was revealed in trailers today. ITS THE SAME SHIT. Empty open world with no POIs, blurry sub-HD IQ, low amount of variables in the environment, simple geometry and bad textures, etc.
zYRJH7U.jpg

Look how empty and boring that is compared to this:

lwl0guiv0jyz.gif

UmGeddv.gif

Enjoy that 'dynamic' mediocre shit lmao.
You are very clueless with your made up definition of static and dynamic open world lol. Don't blame people for calling you out for your own ignorance.

Every sane person static open world = checklist and linear progression with non existence interaction with the environment for exploration.

Your definition of static open world = bad graphics 🤣

Kholinar

Banned
Actually no you couldn't because finding and reaching the various locations through actual exploration and world interaction is part of the experience in BOTW.
Not so in HZD, just mark something on your map and press the analog stick in that general direction, that's all there is to "exploration" in the game.
Yeah, and why not just select those 'locations' through a level select? There's nothing to do in the open world besides running and paragliding.

Banjo64

cumsessed
Please go and take your Ubi clone fetish somewhere where people care.

Back on the topic of Pokémon, I’m going to get my R4i Gold card working this weekend for my 3DS. DS games are the definitive games IMO in terms of graphics, Emerald still king in terms of overall game.

Kholinar

Banned
You are very clueless with your made up definition of static and dynamic open world lol. Don't blame people for calling you out for your own ignorance.

Every sane person static open world = checklist and linear progression with non existence interaction with the environment for exploration.

Your definition of static open world = bad graphics 🤣
Lmao seethe harder mate. You nintendo fanboys are on that stockholm, huh? Not just bad graphics either, shitty AI, empty open worlds with nothing to do, sub-HD IQ, and a whole checklist more of shit. Stop trying to justify how shitty and weak the Switch is. The open world is gimped compared to even PS3 open worlds.

Bodomism

Banned
Lmao seethe harder mate. You nintendo fanboys are on that stockholm, huh? Not just bad graphics either, shitty AI, empty open worlds with nothing to do, sub-HD IQ, and a whole checklist more of shit. Stop trying to justify how shitty and weak the Switch is. The open world is gimped compared to even PS3 open worlds.
Please educate yourself with static and dynamic definition 1st before spouting non sense here.

BOTW is selling over 22 million units at full MSRP and one of the highest rated games of all times.

BOTW open world = Dynamic and magical.

Kholinar

Banned
Please educate yourself with static and dynamic definition 1st before spouting non sense here.

BOTW is selling over 22 million units at full MSRP and one of the highest rated games of all times.

So sales matter, huh? I guess gacha games are brimming with quality and class, huh? Stop quoting me and just slop that trashy-looking game.

SegaShack

There was a time when Nintendo did both cutting edge technology and made great software.

I miss those days and would love to see them push the limits like they did with Ocarina of Time and Mario 64.

DGrayson

Mod Team and Bat Team
Staff Member
Ah, the typical pokemon dick sucker, go screw your self if any little criticism is hurting your feelings, manchild. Don't expect me to answer your dumb posts.

Take your back and forth outside the thread please or u will both cop a thread ban.

Areiz

Banned
All the latest information about new games leaked before the official announcement. A shame ruin a surprise

Top Bottom