• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Pokémon Sun & Moon trailer & anti-reading, no lore fun committee (September 6th)

PSqueak

Banned
Someone probably already said this, so, +1 to "Aether foundation will be the villians while team skull are just some dorky punks".

Hydrus

So I'm gonna guess that Team Skull aren't actually the bad guys and the Aether Foundation is. Aether Foundation are doing experiments on stolen pokemon and creating Chimeras. The leader of TS was born into the family that started AF and wants nothing to do with it, so he rebels and makes TS.

Edit: After reading the Ultra beast description, AF are making Chimeras out of pokemon AND people!!!!

EulaCapra

Type: Null (interesting name...) is giving me horrible flashbacks.

It's like a mishmash of all the most terrible Gen V designs and muted colors put into one atrocity.

Kyzer

Banned
either ultra beasts are legendary pokemon (theyre often referred to as beasts or weapons and stuff), or pure boss fights

either ultra beasts are legendary pokemon (theyre often referred to as beasts or weapons and stuff), or pure boss fights

I'm betting they are legendaries and they'll all have their own names that you learn later. Maybe you can catch them in the post game.

Neiteio

This gen has been a boon for fans of Normal-type Pokemon. It's offering up all kinds of Normal-type combinations not previously seen (or previously only seen in megas), while also offering badass pure Normal-types like Type: Null.

Someone probably already said this, so, +1 to "Aether foundation will be the villians while team skull are just some dorky punks".
Yes, this is what I'm thinking. Guzma and Plumeria seem too lovable to be legitimate villains, so I think they're more like "misunderstood punks" while the Aether Foundation (or at least their leadership) is true evil.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
This gen has been a boon for fans of Normal-type Pokemon. It's offering up all kinds of Normal-type combinations not previously seen (or previously only seen in megas), while also offering badass pure Normal-types like Type: Null.

Yes, this is what I'm thinking. Guzma and Plumeria seem too lovable to be legitimate villains, so I think they're more like "misunderstood punks" while the Aether Foundation (or at least their leadership) is true evil.
The normal upswing started in generation six.

I'm done, Jontron actually responded to my tweet about him being in Pokemon Sun and Moon.

8d6384ccf248a3f9ce902138ee07a472.png

https://twitter.com/JonTronShow/status/773195075681681408

PSqueak

Banned

There is something just delightfully creepy and ominous about her words on how she is "the mother of all pokemon".

Neku89

Huh, that's interesting: historically, the Italian names of the Pokémon are the same as the English ones (and I think that applies to Spanish too). Type:Null's name is instead translated into "Tipo Zero" (literally: Zero Type). I wonder if Type:Null is not its real name...

PSqueak

Banned
Huh, that's interesting: historically, the Italian names of the Pokémon are the same as the English ones (and I think that applies to Spanish too). Type:Null's name is instead translated into "Tipo Zero" (literally: Zero Type). I wonder if Type:Null is not its real name...

Maybe he's a plot related mon and after their arc is resolved it gets an official name.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
There definitely seems to be a Mother 3 vibe with the Ultra Beasts.

Kouriozan

Yep, I said this earlier and firmly believe it.
Something will go wrong, probably due to Ultra Beasts, and they'll show up as the true vilains.
They even have generic grunts!

Wait a sec. Why are they sorry? Did I miss something?

Did the Japanese kid steal the Hawaiian kid's girl, or something?

It the beginning of the video the Japanese kids lost the battle and the Hawaiian kid was trash talking. Japanese kid got butt hurt and ran off. They both apologized.

Oh man, they've gone off the deep end with this game and I love it. This trailer definitely puts to rest my fears that the game wouldn't have much of a story.

I really like UB-01's design. If it were a legendary it would be one of my favorites. It's simple, yet weird and majestic. But as other people have mentioned, it probably isn't catchable, especially if it's actually Lillie. A shame!

Regarding Type: Null, I think a chimaera was a great idea for a Pokemon. Surprised we hadn't really seen one earlier actually.

True Fire

I have played a lot of Megaten games to know this new direction Pokemon is reaching is going to be amazing.

Lillie is very similar to Louisa Ferre, isn't she? It's funny, because Digimon is gravitating towards SMT as well. For example, the newest Digimon game has a mysterious blonde hair blue eyed female character named Lucy who also has a (very obvious) secret

Neiteio

I wonder if Type: Null is tantamount to a legendary. I know it's unusual for such a Pokemon to be in the possession of an NPC, but the level of detail in Null's design seems more befitting of a legendary than your typical standalone Pokemon.

I wonder if Type: Null is tantamount to a legendary. I know it's unusual for such a Pokemon to be in the possession of an NPC, but the level of detail in Null's design seem's more befitting of a legendary than your typical standalone Pokemon.

By the website description, I'm going to say yes

Unicorn

set 12 hours apart? No day/night cycle? Or, when it's 8pm in one game it will be day and the other will be night at 8pm?

Also, fuck faticate.

Top Bottom