• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Pokemon Merchandise Line Announced for Japan: "Look Upon The Stars"

Hydrus

If we ever get Kanto games again I'd much rather they be sequels rather than remakes.

I would like reboot/ distant sequel. 20 years later. Bring back some characters. Show how much has changed. Make it fresh and nostalgic for those who played the hell out of RBY back in the day, but a new start for those who didnt.

Cerium

I would like reboot/ distant sequel. 20 years later. Bring back some characters. Show how much has changed. Make it fresh and nostalgic for those who played the hell out of RBY back in the day, but a new start for those who didnt.

Fully 3D, open world Red 2 and Blue 2.

Do for Kanto what BOTW did for Hyrule.

Neoxon

Fully 3D, open world Red 2 and Blue 2.

Do for Kanto what BOTW did for Hyrule.
It's probably still gonna have the same turn-based combat as the other mainline Pokémon games. Not only is it iconic to the franchise, but there's also an entire competitive community to maintain.

Cerium

It's probably still gonna have the same turn-based combat as the other mainline Pokémon games. Not only is it iconic to the franchise, but there's also an entire competitive community to maintain.

Sure. But the one thing I've always wanted from Pokemon, even as a kid playing Red and Blue, was more exploration. I wanted to go into the skies, under the water, everywhere.

Turnbased pokemon will never go away. That's the core franchise to build it to be what it is.

I would also love a sequel to Red/Blue. I don't really care about open world so much. I just want the "we come back to Kanto 20 years later". It'll be fully 3D and all the towns will be more fleshed out of course.

Maybe the man in Vermillion will finally be finished with his building lol.

sinonobu

Banned
Let me get this straight, the fact that an older Direct was moved elsewhere is a sign of a new Direct incoming? You remember what other Direct was moved at the time of the April Direct?

Pokemon Direct was moved last time. This was exactly one week before the April Direct.

R6ZVEg0.png

CSqmEan.png

Neoxon

Pokemon Direct was moved last time. This was exactly one week before the April Direct.

edit : How do i post images?
Okay, now it all makes sense. Thanks for clarifying, it's been a weird day for me & my head's been acting just as weird.

JoeM86

Took a while for this merch to get here haha

Considering the legendaries are celestial themed, especially Cosmog, it's more likely to be based on that than a taunt or hint for something in the future. Not saying it won't happen but that this merchandise line has nothing to do with it. We see things like this all the time in the Pokémon merch lines

Top Bottom