• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Pokemon: Turtonator

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
tQ19vdz.jpg

T5HfAdv.jpg

Fire/Dragon
Shell Armor

seems to have a new move, Shell Trap (no details about it)

English trailer
English site info

thanks to Forkball

From site:
turtonator.png
Because Turtonator lives on volcanoes, feeding on sulfur and other materials found near volcanic craters, its shell has a layer of explosive material—mostly sulfur. When something strikes this Pokémon, sparks fly from the horns on its shell, igniting an explosion!

In areas around volcanic craters, this Pokémon camouflages itself as a rock and waits for prey. At the moment when its prey steps onto the back of its shell, Turtonator strikes its shell with its own tail, triggering an explosion!

The explosive blasts triggered from Turtonator’s back are released through an orifice located on the middle front of the Pokémon’s body. This is Turtonator’s weak point. Attacks landing on its stomach will cause it a great deal of damage.

Shell Trap is a move that only Turtonator is able to learn. With this move, the Pokémon can set a trap at the beginning of the turn, and if Turtonator is hit by an opponent’s physical attack during that turn, Shell Trap triggers an explosion that will deal much greater damage to the opponent

Mr. Robot

I know that softshell turtles aren't the prettiest creatures, but goddamn that is fugly, why do they always do that yellow red thing for fire types?.

clemenx

Banned
It's ugly in an endearing way. Hate the name tho.

Why was it shown figthing Torkoal? Evos from previous gens confirmed.

Forkball

From site:
turtonator.png

Because Turtonator lives on volcanoes, feeding on sulfur and other materials found near volcanic craters, its shell has a layer of explosive material—mostly sulfur. When something strikes this Pokémon, sparks fly from the horns on its shell, igniting an explosion!

In areas around volcanic craters, this Pokémon camouflages itself as a rock and waits for prey. At the moment when its prey steps onto the back of its shell, Turtonator strikes its shell with its own tail, triggering an explosion!

The explosive blasts triggered from Turtonator’s back are released through an orifice located on the middle front of the Pokémon’s body. This is Turtonator’s weak point. Attacks landing on its stomach will cause it a great deal of damage.

Shell Trap is a move that only Turtonator is able to learn. With this move, the Pokémon can set a trap at the beginning of the turn, and if Turtonator is hit by an opponent’s physical attack during that turn, Shell Trap triggers an explosion that will deal much greater damage to the opponent

21XX

Banned
Fucking spoilers! I'm outraged!

Looks weird. Also, never knew how rough Torkoal's model looks in the XY engine. Ick.

oh kinda like this Shell Trap move
Shell Trap is a move that only Turtonator is able to learn. With this move, the Pokémon can set a trap at the beginning of the turn, and if Turtonator is hit by an opponent’s physical attack during that turn, Shell Trap triggers an explosion that will deal much greater damage to the opponent.

zroid

Banned
meh... fire/dragon OK I guess

I like that the trailer had it beating the shit out of other Turtle-like Pokémon :lol

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
It's based on the longgui (龙龟), I think.

Top Bottom