• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Pokemon Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon information to be revealed August 6 (JST)?

https://twitter.com/Pokemon_cojp/status/893788719127441413

Shigeru Ohmori, the director of Sun/Moon will apparently be on the show "Pokenchi", which starts tomorrow at 8 am JST (so in around 11/12 hours or so) to talk about the latest US/UM information and a "shock announcement" regarding the anime. His segment won't likely happen until the end of the show, which will be around 8:30.

There's been a few theories (along with a blurry magazine scan) which indicate that Lycanroc will be receiving a new form, and Ash's Rockruff will evolve into said form in the next episode that will air on Thursday.

Update:

Dusk Form Lycanroc confirmed

DGgL71nUQAA4QDR.jpg

Dusk Form Lycanroc will bare its fangs in Pokémon Ultra Sun and Pokémon Ultra Moon.

It's been confirmed that a new form of Lycanroc appears in the world of Pokémon Ultra Sun and Pokémon Ultra Moon—Dusk Form. The colors of Dusk Form Lycanroc's body and eyes differ from those of previously discovered Lycanroc, Midday Form and Midnight Form.

You can't get Dusk Form Lycanroc on your team by ordinary methods, such as discovering the mysterious Pokémon in the wild.

So check back soon for news on how you can get Dusk Form Lycanroc, along with more details on the upcoming Pokémon Ultra Sun and Pokémon Ultra Moon games.

Finally. It's crazy how we have a new Pokémon game coming and there's no talk about it. We're due for new Nintendo information this upcoming week.

FSLink

Banned
Can't wait to see footage of the protagonist walking around in a town we already know for 2 seconds while Japanese hosts go "SUGOI!!!!"

Aleh

It's obviously a new form for Lycanroc. Rockruff is seen on the verge of evolving during a twilight of some sort in the preview of the next episode and both other forms are already featured in the anime, it would make no sense to evolve into one of them too.

Hopefully that's not the only reveal though, we've been starving for new info

Delio

Will be nice to see the third form fully. Hopefully it's stats are an improvement over the other two forms.

Nightbird

Oh cool so somebody did remember that they had to show off something of the game before the release!

Like what's the point of announcing something early and then keep Radio silence until 3 months before launch?

Should have written "First Pokemon Ultra Sun/Moon information to be revealed" lol

There was a a bit of confusion whether the "latest information" meant a recap of what we've already seen, which isn't a lot but that's happened before on this show.

13ruce

Banned
Is that the same show that showed like 3 seconds of ORAS back in the day? (just that kyogre vs grouden scene)

This reveal cycle isn't really new for Pokemon games. Black 2/White 2 were announced in February 2012 and we didn't get any extra information until April.

Is that the same show that showed like 3 seconds of ORAS back in the day? (just that kyogre vs grouden scene)

Yep

True Fire

Meanwhile the Black/White reveal cycle kept accidentally revealing new Pokemon lol. Now that was crazy.

I remember all of the conspiracy theories about N and your rivals. And the starter leaks. Gen 5 was peak hype cycle.

Meanwhile the Black/White reveal cycle kept accidentally revealing new Pokemon lol. Now that was crazy.

I remember all of the conspiracy theories about N and your rivals. And the starter leaks. Gen 5 was peak hype cycle.

Yeah, BW were announced only 4 months before release and had the more new Pokemon than any other generation. They were announcing like 7 Pokemon at a time lol

J@hranimo

Banned
Makes sense they'll start putting out info like this.

If it's like when SuMo came out then the news should be rapid fire every week or so until release.

Hope there's enough postgame to get me interested again.

YAWN

Ask me which Shakespeare novel is best
Can't wait.
Not a day has passed since I haven't eagerly awaited USUM info.

Even though it'll predictably be a new Lycanroc, seeing it's design will be cool, and the sheer fact it's a brand new Pokemon halfway through a generation is something for the books. Due to this, the chance of getting new Alola forms has risen, and that really, really excites me. I love the concept of regional variants.

Can't wait.
Not a day has passed since I haven't eagerly awaited USUM info.

Even though it'll predictably be a new Lycanroc, seeing it's design will be cool, and the sheer fact it's a brand new Pokemon halfway through a generation is something for the books. Due to this, the chance of getting new Alola forms has risen, and that really, really excites me. I love the concept of regional variants.

Its head looks the same as daytime form only red with green eyes. It also seems to have the upward tail from nighttime form. So I guess it will be a mix of the 2 forms.

pokéfan

Absolutely can't wait, perhaps we get to seen some new Alola forms and other changes.

I have work to distract me for a whole day to pass the time quickly.

Havent played SuMo yet so I'm interested in this. Haven't played a Pokemon game since X/Y and was excited for SuMo but didn't pick it up because my mind was somewhere else. Wonder what they're going to add to the game.

Well I feel like trials will still definitely be a thing, especially with that cutscene in the trailer showing Midday Lycanroc. There were those empty in Sun/Moon as well that people were speculating would become gyms before release.

I'll post a link to any stream into the OP if/when one pops up.

About time. Although as of right now I'm still not buying, and I can't help but think these versions are going to underperform.

Just give me a reason to look forward to this. It's a tough enough sell that it's not a Switch port but I have a New 2DSXL and will buy this if they give me reason to.

Top Bottom