• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Pokemon US/UM From Famitsu Interview

sinonobu

Banned
http://gamestalk.net/post-87062/

-Not a sequel to S/M but the story with "different divergence".

-The appearance of Ultra Recon Squad will change the story.

-Main Story with different development and there's a new post game content after beating Pokemon League.

-People who are expecting minor changes like "Emerald" or "Platinum" should be expecting "Ultra Change".

-There's new game content where players can roam around the Ultra Hole and go to different dimensions.

-Capturing and raising Pokemon became easier compared S/M.

-In some of the dimensions that players go through "Ultra Warp Ride", players will be able to encounter some Legendary Pokemons. One of the Pokemons player can encounter is Mewtwo.

-If one just compares the sheer length of the script, US/UM is twice as long compared to Sun and Moon.

Busaiku

-In some of the dimensions that players go through "Ultra Warp Ride", players will be able to encounter some Legendary Pokemons. One of the Pokemons player can encounter is Mewtwo.
Genies confirmed, RIP VGC.

The scripts is twice the length? So this new content might be bigger than I thought. I don't fancy returning to Alola for full price mind.

Aleh

Damn this sounds very promising, especially the postgame part. Finding some legendaries through the wormholes was expected but it’s nice nonetheless!

kng3025

Interesting, but I'm still not hyped for the games like I have been for past third version installments. We'll see if that ends up changing when they are released.

Ydelnae

This is promising. I wish the promotional cycle for these games would have gone better, but I still think they should have made sequels instead of alternate stories.

Kissing goodbye to regional forms too, since I doubt we are going to see more of them in a long time, like Megaevolution.

Galava

Calling it now, Ultra-warp ride will allow us to go to iconic locations of other regions. Mewtwo's cave, Deoxys island, the Pillar from Hoenn, Darkrai and Cresselia islands... maybe some isolated routes to catch unique pokémon...

Forkball

ULTRA CHANGE

They basically have to put in interdimensional portals into every remake/third version from now on in order to catch the old legendaries. I wish they blended into the world better like they did in HGSS.

Demoli

GOD
FUCKING
DAMMIT

Can't we have 1, just 1 Genie free VGC

GAME FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAK

Edit: I meant VGC Generation my bad

Calling it now, Ultra-warp ride will allow us to go to iconic locations of other regions. Mewtwo's cave, Deoxys island, the Pillar from Hoenn, Darkrai and Cresselia islands... maybe some isolated routes to catch unique pokémon...

I guess we are going to Kanto (in some way).

Not happy with the Mewtwo thing, I disliked the legendary quest in ORAS - just felt forced and had nothing exciting about it.
And yeah, the freaking genies will destroy the VGC again.

The script part interests me, the main story in SM was the best part about it.

-Main Story with different development and there's a new post game content after beating Pokemon League.

-People who are expecting minor changes like "Emerald" or "Platinum" should be expecting "Ultra Change".
I hope so

Forkball

Siliconera has more info

Junichi Masuda in in charge of fully supervising the game.

Game Freak was greatly relieved to learn that Z-Moves were well-received by fans.

For Sun & Moon, Game Freak worked on balancing bosses by making them beatable if players use proper strategies or suffer if they go in recklessly.

After completing work on Sun & Moon, the staff felt that there was still more they could do in the Alola region.

The reason they’re releasing Pokémon Ultra Sun and Pokémon Ultra Moon is to offer players some variety before the current image they get stuck with the same image of Alola.

The story isn’t a “sequel.” It’s a “story that has a little divergence” from Sun and Moon.

Characters from the “Ultra Expedition Team” make an appearance, and that’s where the story changes. They appear at the opening of the game, so you’ll be able to start the game with excitement.

On top of a different main story from Sun & Moon, there’s an additional new episode after entering the Hall of Fame. Game Freak teases that those who are looking at it as what Platinum was to Diamond and Pearl, can expect an even more ultra huge change coming.

The Ultra Expedition Team arrived from another world through an Ultra Wormhole. A new element is being prepared that will have the protagonist and company dive into the Ultra Wormhole and visit all kinds of different worlds.

Pokémon will be much easier to collect and train compared to Sun and Moon.

Using the “Ultra Warp Ride” to travel to other worlds, you’ll even get to visit a world with Legendary Pokémon. For example, you can meet and catch Mewtwo. That’s all Game Freak has to say about that for now and they’ll leave it to your imagination whether we’ll get to meet other Legendary Pokémon.

If we put it simply as far as story volume goes, the addition of Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon should about double the current story volume for the Sun & Moon generation.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
-If one just compares the sheer length of the script, US/UM is twice as long compared to Sun and Moon.
Twice the cutscenes! Just what I wanted, having control taken away from me more often.

Still going to buy these games, I am part of the problem.

That's what I was thinking too. But I didn't want to get my hopes up. After all, why would they actually do this?

After completing work on Sun & Moon, the staff felt that there was still more they could do in the Alola region.

I laughed a little bit

Game Freak was greatly relieved to learn that Z-Moves were well-received by fans.

I think it's a great feature but I don't think it balanced the game like developers said before S/M release. Most of the time, it just gave popular Pokémon even more option like flying type such as Gyarados, Dragonite or Landorus

Linkark07

Banned
Sure, giving us a proper sequel in which we can battle Pokemon Trainer
Lillie
in Kanto.

Neoxon

The idea of the script being twice the length of the original does catch my curiosity. Hopefully the teased bigger change compared to Platinum vs. Diamond/Pearl lives up to the hype.

clemenx

Banned
GOD
FUCKING
DAMMIT

Can't we have 1, just 1 Genie free VGC

GAME FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAK
It is known
5a8.jpg

MoeDabs

I’ve only finished two Pokémon games(Blue and Moon), but Moon’s story was the dumbest shit ever. Please improve.

Hype rising, still cautiously optimistic.

Masuda being in charge means Ohmori is neck deep in Gen VIII I hope.

It's a weird comment because we already know who the director is for US/UM. This is the first game that he's directing. Masuda has moved to the producer position permanently, so he would be overseeing this and the Gen 8 games anyway.

Landorus, specially Scarfed Landorus, is the only genie that will be truly used in VGC. Thundy isn't as viable with the Tapus.

We'll see if Cresselia and Heatran are there too.

Hyped for the game though, I just guess we don't have new Alolan-variant Pokemon

Top Bottom