• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Pokemon USUM Trailer: Expanded Alola Dex, New Trials, SURFING!

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=47-xOiNGzgw

Not a ton of information here, but a few new things are confirmed...

First, it seems that Trials have been revamped. For example Sophocoles' trial now involves Charjabug going after his Togedemaru, and a robotic Vikavolt. Acerola's seems to involve her being trapped behind a door. And Kiawe's now seems to have Alolan Marowak as a Totem Pokemon. Mina, the Fairy "Trial Captain" from Sun and Moon, actually has a Trial this time around. It seems Hau and Lillie will play a bigger role during the Trials as well.

Many new Pokemon have been added to the Alola Dex, such as Larvitar, Zoroa, Mareep, and Tropius, and the Alola Dex is now over 400. The Houndour line is exclusive to Ultra Sun while the Electrike line is exclusive to Ultra Moon. The official site mentions that Alola Variants from Sun and Moon will return, but no indication we'll see new ones.

Alolan Photo Club, previously revealed, allows you to take cute pictures with your Pokemon. Hiker David can even be inserted into the pictures! One picture shows the female MC wearing what looks to be Lillie's clothing and holding an Alola Vulpix...another hint at Lillie receiving one as her first Pokemon like in the television series!?

Finally, a new Ride Pokemon appears---Mantine! Using Mantine you can surf between the islands of Alola and perform sick tricks dude! This is pretty much the coolest feature we've seen so far.

Top Bottom