• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Pokken character being revealed on the 15th January

The hint is that it contains the "ラ" character, which is "ra/la"

https://twitter.com/pokken_official/status/685287867120128000

CYKhrtVU0AAqwoB.png

Edit: The previous image was inaccurate as it was missing a few Pokemon. The full list should be in the link below.

This Japanese site made a definitive list of all the names with ラ in them with images (scroll down a bit).

http://pokemon-matome.net/articles/98459.html

Note that some of the Pokemon on the list are not eligible as they're already in the game as assists

Lapras
Jirachi
Frogadier

TreIII

There's no "Ra/La" in either Blastoise or Feraligatr's JP names, so my expectations are already lowered.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Last time the Japanese text around the character when it was Sceptile was green---this time it's blue.

SWAMPERT (LAGLARGE) CONFIRMED!

Dr. Buni

Ōkami;191567283 said:
Yes, it should either be Chansey or Darkrai.

Only Slowbro would also be acceptable.
You mean Blissey. Chansey has an evolution, no reason to put it in the game instead of its evolution.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Fat Pikachu this time.
Yes, I'm still salty over no Hawlucha.

エビワラー
サワムラー
カポエラー

missing 3 big ones

Yeah, it makes a lot of sense for it to be one of the Hitmons - it's the closest we'll get to Marshall Law, Lei Wulong, and Eddy Gordo being playable!

Sadly Sawk and Throh's JP names don't have "ra" in them so they're out for now. :|

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
They need a water starter, so Swampert seems like a good bet, especially with OR/AS existing. He's not my least favorite Water starter, so that works for me. But, if we're looking at a water type because of the blue, what about Gyrados? Not sure how movement would work, but, uhh, I'm sure someone could figure it out. Looking at the possibilities, there are a lot of good Pokémon this could refer to, so I hope I'm not disappointed.

List of Final Stage pokemon that aren't fish or assists with ラ
Raticate
Raichu
Vileplume
Parasect
Tentacruel
Slowbro
Kingler
Marowak
Hitmonlee
Hitmonchan
Kangaskhan
Jynx
Gyarados
Aerodactyl
Umbreon
Granbull
Heracross
Kingdra
Hitmontop
Raikou
Tyranitar
Swampert
Mightyena
Sableye
Aggron
Manectric
Flygon
Latias
Latios
Groudon
Luxray
Rampardos
Honchkrow
Chatot
Drapion
Gliscor
Heatran
Giratina
Darkrai
Stoutland
Zebstrika
Scolipede
Maractus
Sigilyph
Carracosta
Cinccino
Reuniclus
Vanilluxe
Galvantula
Chandelure (pretty sure this appears in Haunted House background)
Heatmor
Hydreigon
Terrakion
Reshiram
Landorus
Florges
Malamar
Dragalge
Tyrantrum

TreIII

Being serious, my guesses would I guess be either Heracross or Raguraji (Swampert).

We don't have a Bug type on the roster yet, so I'd lean more towards the beetle.
Plus, again, I'm biased when it comes to my choice of Water types.

Top Bottom