• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Poll Shows 45% of Gay Men Will Be Voting Trump

dolabla

Oct 9, 2013

A recent survey of 1,200 queer men in the United States found that 45 percent planned on voting for Republican President Donald Trump. Comparatively, 51 percent said they would vote for Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden.
The poll, conducted by the queer men's social app Hornet, actually asked 10,000 of its users worldwide about their preferred presidential candidate. But while 66 percent of worldwide users supported Biden and 34 percent supported Trump, the percentages among U.S. men were much closer.
Of the 1,200 men living in the United States, 49 percent said that they do not support Trump at all and 11 percent said they disagree with him on most issues. Nine percent said they agree with Trump on some issues and disagree with him on others. Only 27 percent of U.S.-based respondents said they either mostly or fully supported Trump.

However, 10 percent of the U.S. men who said they "do not support [Trump] at all" said that they will vote for him regardless.

Cybrwzrd

Anime waifu panty shots are basically the same thing as paintings of the french baroque masters, if you think about it.
Sep 29, 2014
They can finally kick that pesky G out of the acronym.

• Praise the Sun
Reactions: Torrent of Pork

Spokker

May 31, 2011
Not the best poll in the world, but I do believe there is a significant proportion of gay men who are sick of being pandered to and actually respect Trump for pushing to decriminalize homosexuality around the world.

That sort of thing does much more good than changing your Twitter avatar to a rainbow.

zeorhymer

Gold Member
Nov 9, 2013
San Francisco, CA
I found it strange that the gays never backed him up considering that Trump is the first person to support LGBT community during his campaign in 2016. All of the other past presidents didn't say a thing until after they got elected. Look at the gay candidate that the Dems had. Pete didn't have a chance.

Reactions: Arkam

NorwayBot

Aug 3, 2019
Not the best poll in the world, but I do believe there is a significant proportion of gay men who are sick of being pandered to and actually respect Trump for pushing to decriminalize homosexuality around the world.

That sort of thing does much more good than changing your Twitter avatar to a rainbow.
I've a couple of gay/lesbian in my closest family, and they explained to me the following;

The ones that introduce themselves by stating their sexuality -or make it a big deal that YOU know their sexuality, you can bet your life savings on - are "progressives",

the ones that don't, are normal. :messenger_beaming:

Last edited:

KINGMOKU

May 16, 2005
I can’t wait until we can stop giving a fuck about whatever label it is we need to put on people.
Tell that to the Democratic party. Absolutely obsessed with identity and in the process have lost their own. It's a pandemic all It's own.

Fucking sick of it.

Reactions: Arkam

belmarduk

Nov 19, 2019
This is not surprising. Most gay issues have already been resolved and the issues being pushed by the LGBT community are almost always transgender issues which only tangentially, if at all, have to do with gay issues.

Transgender activists really ask a lot.. they want to redefine language in a way that annoys nearly everyone and have absolute fits when someone misgenders them or uses terms that they dislike or refuse to use terms that many aren't familiar with. Their nasty tactics (ie idiots on resetera and reddit) turn off a lot of people who may ordinarily be sympathetic to them.

Most transgender people just want to live their lives in peace and diginity like they deserve, its a shame the LGBT community has been highjacked by these people.

SpartanN92

Gold Member
Sep 7, 2012
Kentucky, it’s not as bad as Australia
This is not surprising. Most gay issues have already been resolved and the issues being pushed by the LGBT community are almost always transgender issues which only tangentially, if at all, have to do with gay issues.

Transgender activists really ask a lot.. they want to redefine language in a way that annoys nearly everyone and have absolute fits when someone misgenders them or uses terms that they dislike or refuse to use terms that many aren't familiar with. Their nasty tactics (ie idiots on resetera and reddit) turn off a lot of people who may ordinarily be sympathetic to them.

Most transgender people just want to live their lives in peace and diginity like they deserve, its a shame the LGBT community has been highjacked by these people.
Trans people and Pedophiles are currently in a desperate struggle for control the LGBTQ label 🙃

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018
I really don't understand why the LG allow the T into their acronymn. What do they gain? They don't need more allies since gays outnumber trans anyways. And being T has nothing to do with sexuality. Lesbians, Gays, Bis its all about banging the same sex, T's are just people who think their genitalias belong to the opposite sex.

Gays managed to get all these things without the help of T's and now the T's want to ride the gays coattails and hard work and use them as a shield. I really don't get it, if I was a gay I would be kicking those T's out and telling them to start their own damn club and stop leeching off our suffering and perseverance.

Reactions: hariseldon

Greedings

May 23, 2016
First they tell us that being gay has nothing to do with your personality.
then they get upset when gay people think for themselves.

Schrödinger's cat

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2011
I'm curious to know what 45% of gay men this is made up of.

Is it, like, the left leg, left arm, left side of the torso - but not their head? Or perhaps feet, ankles, shin, thighs - but stops there?