• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Prince of Persia Forgotten Sands Info

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
ICallItFutile said:
So you're basically say the graphics, sound and platforming were amazing. I'll give you the first two, but the platforming? Really? It was more automatic than Uncharted.

I quite liked the platforming, actually. Wouldn't know how it compares to UC, played the demos of both UC 1 and 2, found both to be awful.

Haunted

I quite liked some of the things they did to the platforming. Speeding it up and making it almost rhythm-based in some sections ensured fluidity in the motions and was a nice change of pace..

grandjedi6 said:
I haven't read the article AceBandage mentioned (because that issue hasn't come to subscribers yet) but previously its been said that Ubisoft Quebec is working on the Wii/PSP versions while the PS360 versions are done by Ubisoft Montreal & Ubisoft Singapore:
Well, I know which version I'll look out for.

Sir Johnny

Neo Member
ColonelColon said:
What do you propose they do instead? They can remove motion control altogether, but then why would you even play the Wii version?

There is a not-so-subtle difference between "motion control" and "uninterrupted waggle".
The very first notion EVERY Wii developer should keep in mind is that waggle NEVER be used for the most important (?) function.

Mofobolous

Neo Member
So I just read the Nintendo Power article, and that has pretty much convinced me to get at least the Wii version. My main frustration with PoP 2008 was the lack of danger and suspense by not being able to die which this game corrects. So even if it is just PoP 2008 with death, I will be satisfied.

CaVaYeRo

First Wii Screens:

15794.jpg

15793.jpg

ok, now I need an Assassin's Creed Wiinterpretation again :D

Jason's Ultimatum said:
Wait. Are you sure that's the Wii version? Looks (graphically) great.
I'm pretty sure that Wii graphics, because we'd be crying bloody murder if HD version looked like that :D

Nice, looks a lot better than Two Thrones. (Which it should, but you know, Wii lol). Is this game using British Prince or is Jake Gyllenhaal doing the voice-over?

Green Scar said:
Nice, looks a lot better than Two Thrones. (Which it should, but you know, Wii lol). Is this game using British Prince or is Jake Gyllenhaal doing the voice-over?
I think someone mentioned Yuri is doing the voice for the Prince.

Yuri > the guy who does Nathan Drake's voice

bulovski

Neo Member
Ubisoft please can I have my celshaded PoP back and none of that angry young misunderstood man fighting with metal clad assassins? As a concession, you can lose the bandana which always covered one eye.

I loved the 2008 game - it took me back to the original POP, tons of platforming, one on one battles, and smooth animation. :(

grandjedi6 said:
The best part is the game's title which Ubisoft made sure included the word "Sands" so that movie goers got the tie-in, but couldn't actually flat out call it "Sands of Time".
Would be nice if they re-released Sands of Time

Agnates

Banned
Well, it looks nice enough. But it's the level design that matters most. The visual quality of stuff seems alright, but if it's boring room after boring room and loading every 15 minutes or something that will hardly be a quality title. Still, so far so good. Maybe it's even using the old PoP trilogy's engine? It seems comparable.

ZAnimus

Eh, people can hate all they want, but I haven't not enjoyed a PoP game yet. Looking forward to this, and if the Wii version turns out decent I'll get that in addition to the HD one.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
G-Fex said:
...so water would be solid enough to grasp onto if you slow/stop time?

One of the powers lets you freeze water. Using it like that is actually pretty awesome.

I was upset that they seemingly abandoned PoP2008 for this, but those screens are so gorgeous. I want this, even though I don't like Ubisoft so much these days.

Swittcher

Banned
badcrumble said:
I was upset that they seemingly abandoned PoP2008 for this, but those screens are so gorgeous. I want this, even though I don't like Ubisoft so much these days.

They need to mix 2008 graphics, with Sands of Time gameplay.

Swittcher said:
They need to mix 2008 graphics, with Sands of Time gameplay.
I'm hoping that POP2008's sequel is pretty drastically improved - I loved a lot about it but there's much to improve. If they can do what Assassin's Creed 2 did in terms of sheer improvement, then great.

farnham

Banned
i believe sands of time was the best modern pop game. Pop 08 doesnt even come close. warriors within was mediocre and two throne was great but not as great as sands of time..

if they somehow can reach the quality of sot im all for it

Liking these new screens and the preview but am conflicted as even though I loved Sands of Time (my game of last generation next to Ninja Giaden) and enjoyed the sequels, I really feel like that plotline was done and eager to see what Elika and Prince 2008 do next.
Oh well I can't complain too much as someone is in this thread already said I've never played a terrible PoP game and no one else does platforming quite like this team.

Top Bottom