• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Prince of Persia game details leaked.

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
I loved the first of the original trilogy, then it went down hill. And I LOVED the remake, redo, rething... thing. It was gorgeous.

So this pleases me. Good to see it come back from the dead if true.

Blond

Banned
sounds fake to me, after all these years they will be doing a full reboot. they wont do anything related to the past games.

I mean why not? Their own games don't want to acknowledge POP08, even if the game was fantastic. Then again, they did sell the end and left sequel bait in it at that so fuck em lol.

Last edited:

SALMORE

i Hope it's true ! we've been waiting for a long time , and the idea of it being set after the Sand of Time trilogy is more exciting

Arun1910

As much as I love the SoT trilogy, I just don't see a place for Prince of Persia anymore.

There's a reason Assassin's Creed exists. Because of Prince of Persia: Assassin's.

Unless Ubisoft do something massively different to a new PoP, I don't see any point in it coming back.

Caffeine

why go back to the old trilogy they already did this with forgotten sands and it didnt do well. A lot of fans really wanted more to the 2008 stylized game.

xool

As much as I love the SoT trilogy, I just don't see a place for Prince of Persia anymore.

There's a reason Assassin's Creed exists. Because of Prince of Persia: Assassin's.

Unless Ubisoft do something massively different to a new PoP, I don't see any point in it coming back.
Maybe they see a market in the third-person action-adventure genre (like Jedi Fallen Order) rather than the openworldathon AssCreed has become

Arun1910

Maybe they see a market in the third-person action-adventure genre (like Jedi Fallen Order) rather than the openworldathon AssCreed has become

Tbf unless they do some almost linear story game, like Jedi FO, I don't see much that will separate it with AC. I wouldn't want an open world PoP.

I also don't mind if they rehash some of the SoT stuff, but I don't want them to add to it. Forgotten Sands was boring.

If anything, a SoT reboot with more time powers and the visuals we can get in 2020 would be amazing imo.

Last edited:

Javthusiast

Banned
I have been waiting for years for a Splinter Cell game, even longer for a good Prince of Persia game, instead of countless Assassins Creed ones, so please...

giphy.gif

Fbh

Sounds fake, but playing as an older prince in a dystopic Babylon sounds cool.

Either way I'd love to see PoP make a return, though only if the focus remains on the fun skill based platforming and it's not turned into another Ubisot Open World™

S

SpongebobSquaredance

Unconfirmed Member
Recently I've played PoP 2008 and the original Assassins Creed. Haven't finished either, however PoP is the better game for me. While I also enjoyed AC, the mission design is very repetitive. Always the same stuff to do. Kinda a shame, because the cities still look great and are very cool designed.

Nightrunner

This being set after Two Thrones + evil prince from a different timeline and PoP making a comeback after all this time = most signs point to this being a fake

Ozrimandias

"As always take this with a big grain of salt" <--- This stands for "Im pretty sure that i'm not sure at all of anything of this cuz a random guy told me this"

xrnzaaas

The darkest timeline? Nah, I liked Sands of Time for NOT being dark like the other two games from the trilogy.

There's definitely room for a new Prince of Persia game. They could take all the unnecessary fantasy bits from the recent AC games and put them in Prince of Persia without anyone complaining that they don't fit. Also the rumor says the gameplay style is supposed to be based on GoW, not on Witcher 3 like in AC Origins and Odyssey.

Last edited:

It's Ubisoft. Just look at what they've done to ghost recon. They keep making games with very similar mechanics.

trikster40

I’d rather it be more like the 2010 reboot than the PS2\Xbox trilogy. I did love Sands of time but not the next 2.

and it doesn’t sound real. When you start your article off with “Apparently someone at Ubisoft noticed my latest post”, you should have said “Apparently a troll read my latest post and is trolling me”

Jacknapes

Thought Assassin's Creed basically took over from Prince of Persia?

Ubisoft need to think outside the box if they are to make a new PoP, could go down the 2008 route. Forgotten Sands wasn't bad of a game, but that formula had long since worn.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Ubisoft need to think outside the box if they are to make a new PoP, could go down the 2008 route. Forgotten Sands wasn't bad of a game, but that formula had long since worn.
Go back and play through Forgotten Sands sometime. In terms of gameplay its basically PoP 2008 part 2, but with the old combat system. It's much better than people gave it credit for at the time.

diffusionx

Gold Member

I was playing the 2008 game recently on my Xbox One. It was not just totally different from every AC game, I personally enjoyed it a lot more than Odyssey. There's no reason why these two series cannot exist simultaneously.

plushyp

I have nothing but fond memories of Sands of Time. The gameplay, soundtrack and voice acting really made for something special. Didn't care much for The Warrior Within but The Two Thrones was a welcome return to form. Like everyone else said, this sounds fake though. Would love a PoP revival under Mechner if it comes close to SoT.

Go back and play through Forgotten Sands sometime. In terms of gameplay its basically PoP 2008 part 2, but with the old combat system. It's much better than people gave it credit for at the time.
I liked Forgotten Sands much more than PoP 2008. FS had some actual challenging platforming that required some skills and used more than one button.

Last edited:
Remember when games had good climbing in the PS2 era and it wasn't just pressing up? A new PoP sounds too good to be true.

mcjmetroid

As a general rule.
If it sounds like unimaginative fan fiction but a decent idea it's a fake but if it sounds like an absolutely insane idea that nobody in their dreams would come up with it's probably real

Banned
I was really amazed when playing warrior within in 2005, sand of time were better though.. I hope this series couls revitalized once again with new cool gimmicks and stuff

Lokaum D+

Prince of Persia is dead, there is no reason to do another one when Ubi could just do a "Assassins Creed Persia"

Pejo

Isn't the whole reason AC exists because they had licensing issues with PoP? I'm not sure I buy this.

Lupin3

Targeting terrorists with a D-Pad
Just gonna sell my garage so I can afford all DLC turbans in this game.

Shakka43

If they do come back to this series I hope they revamp the combat system drastically, everything feels too weightless in the previous games.

Top Bottom