• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New PRINCE OF PERSIA!!!!

_Alkaline_ said:
Wii: HAI UBI, WHERE ARE THOSE NINTENDO-QUALITY GAMES YOU PROMISED US? HOW ABOUT STARTING WITH AN EXCLUSIVE PRINCE OF PERSIA?

Ubisoft: No.

Wii: Well I DON'T CARE ANYWAY. Probably sucks, ignorance is bliss.

Ubisoft: LOL PLAY SOME MY WORD COACH AND COSMIC FAMILY

Wii: Looks interesting, day one if it gets good reviews
More like this

xba5fq.jpg

Zapages

Press Release:

lthough Ubisoft had previously mentioned in a past financial statement that another Prince of Persia game was in the works, today the French publisher has confirmed that the next game in the popular franchise (10.3 million units sold worldwide) will indeed launch on Xbox 360, PS3 and PC later this year in time for the Holiday shopping season.

The game will once again be developed by the talented folks at Ubisoft Montreal who worked on the Sands of Time trilogy and more recently the blockbuster Assassin's Creed. Although Prince of Persia creator Jordan Mechner recently trademarked the name Prince of Persia Prodigy, it's currently unclear if that's related to this new game, which Ubisoft for now is simply calling Prince of Persia.

The publisher stated that the game "is opening a new chapter in the Prince of Persia universe, featuring a new breed of gameplay. The game is poised to rejuvenate the action-adventure genre in addition to introducing a brand-new illustrative art style."

Ubisoft also said that it intends to release a new Prince of Persia designed for the Nintendo DS, "featuring an entirely new storyline and new characters." Further information will be released at a later date.

Source: http://www.gamedaily.com/articles/news/new-prince-of-persia-confirmed-for-holiday-08/?biz=1

This Holiday Season???!!! And no Hype for it so far... Unless they are going to all out with it next few months till the release...

Elios83 said:
Seems pretty standard roadmap, unveiled in May, demo at E3, more trailers and screens until release in November.

Of course since this is a PoP title, they're gonna forget to add QA testing to the roadmap.

Elios83

The-Switcher said:
Of course since this is a PoP title, they're gonna forget to add QA testing to the roadmap.

Aahaha that's for sure :D

This is a UBIBUG title afterall, but at least this time they can patch their bugged software on PS360.
Warrior Within on PS2 was a nightmare with fatal bugs which prevented people from completing the game.Probably the time travels were so illogic and intensive that they couldn't even keep track of all of them:lol

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
just following the Ubi-Track here

its gonna WAAAAAAAYYY to close to Assassin's Creed, tech wise and gameplay-wise

just a guess

Elios83

~Devil Trigger~ said:

just a guess

Umm I don't think so because they're two different genres.
POP next gen could import the free running from AC in its platform sessions but combat must be pretty different and of course in the game there will be all sorts of traps.

Skilletor

Elios83 said:
Umm I don't think so because they're two different genres.
POP next gen could import the free running from AC in its platform sessions but combat must be pretty different and of course in the game there will be all sorts of traps.

Free running would defeat the purpose of PoP platforming. If anything I hope they leave that out and borrow some of the ideas of AC's combat.

ksamedi

The Wii will be getting its own version according to rumors. I think this would be beter than porting a HD game to the Wii and adding stupid motion controls. I'm think people should stop wanting downgrades of HD hadware developed games. Prince of Persia was probably in development way before Wii even hit and it was developed with HD hardware in mind.

ksamedi said:
The Wii will be getting its own version according to rumors. I think this would be beter than porting a HD game to the Wii and adding stupid motion controls. I'm think people should stop wanting downgrades of HD hadware developed games. Prince of Persia was probably in development way before Wii even hit and it was developed with HD hardware in mind.

If the Wii was getting ANYTHING, it would be announced. Hell, the DS is getting a completely seperate game from the HD consoles. Why not announce then all together?

ksamedi

The-Switcher said:
If the Wii was getting ANYTHING, it would be announced. Hell, the DS is getting a completely seperate game from the HD consoles. Why not announce then all together?

I don't know about that, the Wii version could be way off or announced at E3,I think it was a Surfer girl rumor and she has been right most of the time. Its not even that inportant, infact I would rather have something else than a button to motion mapped Prince Wii game. I prefer to buy these type of games for my PS3 anyway.

filopilo

~Devil Trigger~ said:

just a guess

AC team will make the Next POP .Another team will do the next AC.

Raide said:
360, PS3 and PC only. Nothing has been said about a port or another Prince of Persia title for Wii, sorry.

HOLY SHIT!

I guess Ubisoft is giving Wii owners who LOVE Prince of Persia something to care about!!!!

2z5kgh1.jpg

Salazar

It's time for more posts from that Egyptian Ubisoft faker. It's been so / too long.

I do hope they don't automate climbing / dashing elements in this. I realise that it's fashionable, but I want control.

FoneBone

ksamedi said:
I don't know about that, the Wii version could be way off or announced at E3,I think it was a Surfer girl rumor and she has been right most of the time. Its not even that inportant, infact I would rather have something else than a button to motion mapped Prince Wii game. I prefer to buy these type of games for my PS3 anyway.
if there's a Wii game, it'll probably be alongside the movie next summer. Maybe even a "PoP: The Movie" game, with all the quality that entails!

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Skilletor said:
Free running would defeat the purpose of PoP platforming. If anything I hope they leave that out and borrow some of the ideas of AC's combat.

:D

The-Switcher said:
Zap, have you heard of ANYTHING solid regarding a new PoP Wii title?

Raide said:
360, PS3 and PC only. Nothing has been said about a port or another Prince of Persia title for Wii, sorry.

/whistle.gif

Salazar said:
I do hope they don't automate climbing / dashing elements in this. I realise that it's fashionable, but I want control.

:D

And I wish you guys could see the screens in Joypad. Next-Gen issue coming soon!

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Joypad has a 7 pages interview (in French, I might translate it if no one else does when it's out) with screens. Edge Magazine has something similar.

evilone

EA Employee
The-Switcher said:
Because he believes :lol :lol :lol

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Alex P said:
I saw the preview in Joypad.

Holy fucking shit.

I have a buddy working on translations now.

Ah cool, I'm going to bed and tomorrow I'll be at work, and I can't post in this thread while working;)

Anyway, reading what people are hoping for here, I think you won't be disappointed. Edge's preview should have at least some of the same screens (if not all the same, I'm not sure), so it's at least that. And if someone can translate the Joypad interview by then, cool, it will give a good idea about the game (some quick overview of the story, combat, "bosses", and the art style, as well as other games that have inspired the team, all GAF-loved games).

But guys, keep the pessimism down, from what I've read in this thread it's all for naught:)

ethelred said:
Christ, this entire page is nothing but bitching by Wii fans.

I have a 360, so I'm covered. What bothers me, is Ubisoft publicly stating they're gonna have "Nintendo-quality content" on the Wii in 2008. They constantly say how the Wii market is gonna grow and grow, and how they feel they rushed the launch of it, and apologized for the shovelware they KNEW was shovelware.

Now, seriously? Three PoP games on the GameCube, and a shitty port on the Wii?

And now, nothing? They can't make a side story like the DS version?

Just nothing?

How is that justifiable? If Ubi is not gonna do anything decent on the system, they shouldn't CLAIM they will.

And if they put any fucking thought or effort into a Wii PoP game, especially one with a illustrative style, it could be amazing. But no, don't bother. More MyWordCoach.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
yoopoo said:
PoP will probaby runs on AC engine. So no Wii version.
Exactly, I can't wait to see what a game with this type of art direction looks like on the AC engine. :D

The-Switcher said:
The DS one too, I'm assuming.
*looks at ACDS*

Yes, the DS one is probably running on a AC engine too. :lol

ethelred

EDarkness said:
Can you blame them?

I'm at a loss as to who else I'd blame.

The-Switcher said:
How is that justifiable? If Ubi is not gonna do anything decent on the system, they shouldn't CLAIM they will.

They lied. It's been obvious that they've been lying for two years. Anyone claiming to be surprised by this has been deluding themselves. They don't need to justify that they've lied (guess what? that's what companies do! they all do it!) and they don't need to justify the lack of content for gamers on the Wii. And a thread announcing a new real Prince of Persia game is certainly not the place to vent your frustrations on this by way of pages and pages of bitching that not every game is going to be on the Wii.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Geez.

/rollseyes.gif

For now, enjoy the PS360 news.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Yeah just do the obvious on Google, you should find at least some.

EDIT: And yes, that page 3 shot of the prince on the left side of the text is a screenshot of the prince, not art.

Zapages

Ether_Snake said:
Yeah just do the obvious on Google, you should find at least some.

EDIT: And yes, that page 3 shot of the prince on the left side of the text is a screenshot of the prince, not art.

Damn, that's awesome.

Yeah I don't know it looks like a painting yet that was attained my the sands of time look. Yet it has Warrior Within darkness in it... So its definitely is in between. A bit disappointed yet pleased. I really can't tell until more professional screen shots are revealed. I'll reserve my judgment for later as it seems to have the same type of situation cell-shaded games looks awesome in motion and terrible/average in screen shots. I still can't believe that its the same engine though.

For the old timers here: Its a cross between PoP 3D's mountain levels and PoP 2: The shadow and the flame... More like the former in the art direction, which Dark yet authentic. :)

Top Bottom