• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New PS2 revision... Doesn't play CD games anymore?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
i heard you can only play the games when the pstwo is spinning on your finger like a basketball. It helps make games load and stuff.

Vormund

I wonder if the new PS2 vibrates when using CD games...

Well i'm sure that's been fixed before...I have a launch model so sue me.

/me hugs his PS2 with HD loader

ChrisReid

Dylx said:
I should report that to the BBB thats is realy cheap on sonys part.

It's really silly to use multitaps in the first place. At least catch up to the N64 or Dreamcast and stick four ports on the thing.

Supposedly (CVG) this isn't even the PSTWO, just a new PS2... if that makes sense?

PSTWO is still to come next year...

Found it :-
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/news/news_story.php?id=110041

We should point out that this redesigned PS2 is not PSTwo. It's PS2. It's not a special edition or a novelty, unless you want it to be. This is the replacement for the original overweight PS2, which has recently been in short supply worldwide. Sony have ceased production and shifted to the new, streamlined PS2.

Kind of makes sense seing as the retail box still says PS2 (PSONE actually had that on the box)

fausty

Dylx said:
that had to be the worst decision by sony why would you require us to buy new multitaps??

if i already had one why would i want another one. "Say goodby to multiplayer games"

Sony should instate a multitap buy back program (send in your old multitap get a new one free) or it should have came with four controller ports from the beggining

I should report that to the BBB thats is realy cheap on sonys part.
Um, if you have an original multi-tap, chances are you ALSO have an original PS2 to play multiplayer games on. So, you wouldn't have to report Sony to the BBB or anything, right?

Of course, if your "old" PS2 breaks, and you can't find another, then you're shit out of luck.

Dylx

Or Dylx, if you have allready purchased a PS2 , just don't buy the smaller one. Is it really that hard a decsion ? Plus who the hell buys a PS2 for 4 player gaming ? get a fucking Xbox or gamecube

One my ps2 is broken so i have to buy a new one, and second i bought a ps2 for 4 player gaming and i have a xbox sir.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom