• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New PS3 Exclusive Revealed Next Week On GTTV (Superbot's PS All-Stars)

Slime

Banned
Dat uninspired, blatant Smash Bros. rip-off. Another thing to add to THINGS_SONY_STOLE_FROM_NINTENDO.jpg :p

Can't deny some of the fan service (Patapon! PaRappa!) looks kinda cool, though. I just don't really think Sony's lineup of characters can really carry it or that I want to play an inferior imitation of a great game.

SmithnCo

Looks like every rumor was true.

Characters I saw:
Kratos
Sweet Tooth
Fat Princess
Parappa
Radec
Sly

Stages I saw:
Sandover Village
Ratchet and Clank theme
Hades Underworld
Hydra from first level of GoW 1

The Ratchet stage was the time place from Crack in Time.

There's also an LBP stage that looks like it's from world 1 of the first LBP.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Looks good to me. It's a straight up Smash clone, but I'm ok with that.

The only thing that looks bad are some of the backgrounds. Aside from the Hades level they are bland as fuck.

Steaks

yep, even being shot with fire while in mid air looked exactly like smash. I never thought it would be this shameless a ripoff.

If they manage to incorporate competitiveness instead of trying really hard to make it not competitive, that's the only difference I need.

prwxv3

Dat uninspired, blatant Smash Bros. rip-off. Another thing to add to THINGS_SONY_STOLE_FROM_NINTENDO.jpg :p

Can't deny some of the fan service (Patapon! PaRappa!) looks kinda cool, though. I just don't really think Sony's lineup of characters can really carry the game or that I want to play an inferior imitation of a great game.

Oh boy here we fucking go.

VanWinkle

I think that they're playing it smart. The backgrounds seem to have a lot going on and it's running at 60fps. They could've gone overboard with the visuals which would've impacted the framerate.

I completely agree. For a game like this, I'd gladly sacrifice some texture quality for the 60fps.

Omega

Banned
Holy shit it looks likes blatant ripoff from the little they showed so far.

I didn't even know it was Sony Smash Bros until I heard Kratos. I thought they would have did something a little different.

thuway

If Sony would at the very least credit Smash Bros as the inspiration for this game then I'd respect it, because what I'm seeing is Smash Bros.

Inspiring is a very funny word to use in this situation. Whether you like the fact that its a rip-off or not, saying it isn't a rip-off is delusional.

20120322102259-8aea92f6.gif

yep, even being shot with fire while in mid air looked exactly like smash. I never thought it would be this shameless a ripoff.

Without the charm.

Holy shit it looks likes blatant ripoff from the little they showed so far.

I didn't even know it was Sony Smash Bros until I heard Kratos. I thought they would have did something a little different.

Copying other games in the genre is fine. 

Blatantly copying everything about the game? Ok, that's pushing it.

nintendo invented crossover fighting games.

Inspiring something is quite different than basically reskinning

This. Stage layout, screen set-up, physics, even Radec's gimmick...it's the same game.

And Buzz? Seriously?

tumblr_m1wzkdYzYT1qfcg6d.gif

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
No link to stream? :(

Top Bottom