• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New PS3 Model (CECH-4000) Registered on FCC (Jeff_Rigby alert)

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Using the square rubbers as a size reference point, it totally looks like the fat PS3, but then again the rubbers in the new model might be smaller.

Using the square rubbers as a size reference point, it totally looks like the fat PS3, but then again the rubbers in the new model might be smaller.

I was thinking that too. Are the rubber feet on the Slim the same size as the Fat?

Elios83

Well it's a new case, Super Slim at Gamescom with price drop confirmed.
Looking at the picture it looks really similar to the PS3 Fat, so maybe they're using the old curvy design but with the size of a Dremcast :D

Pooya

^ you have to access it from the main page (no hot linking), see first link in op and then click label location. I don't see what he's talking about though ...

Yes, a little less the 10mm/0.4inches in both cases

Okay, well I made up this crappy diagram based on the feet size:

XJzhK.png

^ that's in no way representative of the actual measurements though, is it?
Ugh, I want it to be much smaller :(

-----------------
^ you have to access it from the main page (no hot linking), see first link in op and then click label location. I don't see what his talking about though ...

Prolly this:
lulzkaqhi.png

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
I don't think it's a bad line, it looks like something, be it a led, a button, a slider.
But we'll see, I really enjoy to discover this stuff before it's announced :p

If you look closer at my pic you can clearly see it's just a portion of another image coming from the left that just happens to overlap the line.

Theonik

Yes, a little less the 10mm/0.4inches in both cases
Right since they also serve as screw covers in both cases iirc. This looks to be longer but much less deep than the slim, wonder if it's smaller overal, maybe a lower profile too.

My beautiful Yakuza LE PS3 is starting to get a bit noisy. Maybe I will buy a new one and just use the old one as a pretty thing to look at.

Top Bottom