• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New PS3 Model pics leaked

For black friday they will still charge the console at full price, but it will be part of a holiday bundle which usually includes two games. The two game vary from store to store. Amazon will have a holiday bundle as well.

I really want to buy a HDMI monitor and a ps3 before blackfriday =( but I know blackfriday will save me about 100 bucks...

I wonder if the AC3 bundle with the ps3 will be cheaper on Blackfriday

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Think I'll buy a new model. Waiting.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
All this Vita PS1 stuff is making me want to rebuy a PS3. Yeah, I want to drop $ to play old games. Oh well.

When is this new model coming out? Do we expect it to be announced to counter the Wii U?

onQ123

All this Vita PS1 stuff is making me want to rebuy a PS3. Yeah, I want to drop $ to play old games. Oh well.

When is this new model coming out? Do we expect it to be announced to counter the Wii U?

I think that's the plan, wait for the Wii U release date & price before they show the new PS3. hopefully they will show it at the TGS in a few weeks.

Takao

Banned
I think that's the plan, wait for the Wii U release date & price before they show the new PS3. hopefully they will show it at the TGS in a few weeks.

People want PS3 Super (ugly) Slim, Puppeteer, PlayStation All-Stars, and TLG to be shown? RIP Vita = TGS time

untitled3wfy3.png

glaurung

Ultraslim will be announced before the end of September and will be available for purchase immediately.

The 12GB flash drive model is Sony's parry to the 360 4GB.

Bboy AJ

You mean PS3 Mini? From what we've heard they are 179, 229 and 289 (not sure about the last one) for the 16GB, 250GB and 500GB models respectively.
Can't wait.

Satchel

Banned
Wondering if I should sell my 120GB slim and pick up the 16GB Mini.

Then I'd have the trifecta. 60GB fat. 320 Silver Slim, 16GB Mini.

Mini would only be bluray player anyway for the lounge with the odd game played here and there.

KillerAJD

The clear top is a mock right? Because IGN is showing it on their site.
http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/09/17/report-new-playstation-3-model-announcement-imminent around 1:05 of the video.

Yes, this is a mock up made long long ago (well July 13th according to the post you qoted)

And on top of what Wario said, it's not even a clear top in the concept image anyways :p The sliding top is just pulled down (as shown by the transparency indicating motion)

Top Bottom