• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New PS3 packs for Spain (and rest of Europe?)

Sony is going to release new packs for Playstation 3 (at least in Spain)

Movie Pack: Ps3 + spiderman 3 blue ray 419.99 euros : october 31
695_533_674_723_ape.jpg

Gamer pack 1: ps3 + Ratchet and Clank Tools of destruction 439.99 euros: november 15
producto427_2294.JPG

Gamer pack 2: ps3 + ucharted drakes fortune 439.99 euros: december 15
producto429_2301.JPG

PSP is also going to receive new packs:

Spiderman 3 pack: psp spiderman edition + umd movie spiderman 3 + umd game spiderman 3 204.99 euros: october 31
695_533_674_723_b.jpg

Not bad, SCEE said the 60gb was being discontinued in mainland Europe. Any word on that? Also a reasonable assumption that the bundles will come with Spiderman too?

edit. That Uncharted pack is a bit late...

Uncharted has a tentative/final? release date of December 7th in Europe. A week later and right before it's too late for Xmas is OK, although I agree it should be released before December anyway.

Elios83

With these bundles it's definetly a great time to pick up a PS3 this Xstmas.
Now it will be interesting to see if SCEE will introduce the 80GB in Europe towards the end of November.

Lightning

Banned
Game-Biz said:
Why does Spain always get the good stuff?
Because they buy Sony products by the shit load.

I love Spain and I really like these bundles. Why are they using that crap boxart for Uncharted though? Either way, Sony stepping up now that the 60GB is starting to greatly disappear. SCEE are giving SCEA a lesson on how to completely get rid of a SKU quickly.

Zen

Banned
While I applaud them for being aggressive in doing what needs to be done to get the user base there, I can't help but wonder how much packing in the premiere 2 games will end up hurting the sales/profitability of the games overall in the region? Or I guess that's why those packs have a higher price... duh... I guess they account for the software profit margin, either that or I'm horribly confused.

Kodiak

Not an asshole.
Red PSP is hot, and the bundle is great for fans of shitty movies and shitty games based on shitty movies, I guess.

And the other two are just 20 euro off Ratchet or Uncharted? I don't know how much incentive 20 euro will prove to be, but I guess every bit helps.

Lightning

Banned
Kodiak said:
Red PSP is hot, and the bundle is great for fans of shitty movies and shitty games based on shitty movies, I guess.

And the other two are just 20 euro off Ratchet or Uncharted? I don't know how much incentive 20 euro will prove to be, but I guess every bit helps.
I agree, I think they should include these games with the bundle at no extra cost personally to surge console sales. But Sony have made their intentions quite clear in that they want software sales, not to give software away. Less then 2 weeks before Christmas day I don't know how much effect the Uncharted bundle will have anyway, that needed to be a little bit earlier to have much effect.

Kodiak said:

Both Ratchet and Uncharted have a 71,95 € rrp here in Germany, I guess it's the same for Spain. 30 € off is not bad if you wanted to get either game anyways.

Kodiak

Not an asshole.
Phife Dawg said:
Both Ratchet and Uncharted have a 71,95 € rrp here in Germany, I guess it's the same for Spain. 30 € off is not bad if you wanted to get either game anyways.

That's ironic because I checked Germany's Amazon to make sure next gen games costed 60 euro, and I saw Assassin's Creed on there for 59.99 so I figure that was the standard price.

Kodiak said:
That's ironic because I checked Germany's Amazon to make sure next gen games costed 60 euro, and I saw Assassin's Creed on there for 59.99 so I figure that was the standard price.
Well you can get it at Amazon for 66,95 € and probably even cheaper at Play or Blah, that's just the rrp. AC has a rrp of 69,95 € actually (Ubisoft really overprices their stuff - even the Wii shovelware).

edit:
Oh yeah, LE is 89,95 € :lol . And there are people out there that are willing to pay that much *shakes head*

Raist

Banned
Phife Dawg said:
Yay, Uncharted pack. So tempting...

Amazon.de has a Spiderman pack but it includes the remote and costs 429 €, strange.

IIRC the spidey PS3 pack is already available here (France) for the same price than the 40GB alone :lol

F-Pina

Hey, i saw the Spiderman pack on sale here in Portugal yesterday.

Also i saw an interesting thing, a couple was trying to buy a PS3 for his kid and was asking specifically for the PS3 with backwards compatibility, they didn't care about the lower price.

Even weirder was that the man in the store know exactly what they were talking about, explained them about why Sony removed the PS2 chip from the console (lower price etc.) and tried to help to where they could find an old console for sale.

I am not kidding, i was amazed by the knowledge of the parents and of the employee of the store.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
the bundles for PS3 are crappy. there are already better bundle deals being put together by retailers on the 40GB PS3 in the UK.

spwolf

Visualante said:
Not bad, SCEE said the 60gb was being discontinued in mainland Europe. Any word on that?...

60 GB is constantly going in/out of stock for past 10 days in France/Germany's Amazon, so its end is near...

Robinspain said:
Gamer pack 2: ps3 + ucharted drakes fortune 439.99 euros: december 15
producto331_1723.jpg

"El tesoro de Drake" :D

Sony's very wrong if they think they can just go and raise the prices by 10 euros just like that and get away with it... That's their problem, that just means I'll buy my games from the US.

Midas

ichigo kurosaki said:

Sony's very wrong if they think they can just go and raise the prices by 10 euros just like that and get away with it... That's their problem, that just means I'll buy my games from the US.

Pretty much. Both Ratchet and Uncharted are much higher priced here too. So I'll import them both. No online in them so no need to worry about problems regarding online play. :)

Defuser

ichigo kurosaki said:

Very wrong for the hardcore.
Very right for the casuals.

Defuser said:
Very wrong for the hardcore.
Very right for the casuals.

Yeah but fuck, right now a PS3 game would cost +100 dollars here. That's just fucking insane. With that money I can almost buy TWO PS3 games from the US.

Is Uncharted hyped enough to warrant being a pack in game? The plain black cover doesn't help people who never heard of the game.

reminder

Tyrannical said:
Is Uncharted hyped enough to warrant being a pack in game? The plain black cover doesn't help people who never heard of the game.

Of course that's not the final Boxart. This is the Boxart for Europe:

boxshot_uk_large.jpg

Tyrannical said:
That's not the final art you know? It's a placeholder.
Besides SCEE bundles every first party game in to sell hardware. Heavenly Sword was packed in on day one.

itxaka

Defeatist
Game-Biz said:
Why does Spain always get the good stuff?

wat

PS3 launch price in Spain = 865$

Price now = 576$

Games always dubbed? NO

All games at least with Spanish Subtitles? NO

Normal PS3 Game (Xbox as well) = 100$

EOJ + Camera price = 100€ , yes, that´s 144$ for a game that cost 70$ in the US

All the good stuff...:lol

Midas

itxaka said:
wat

PS3 launch price in Spain = 865$

Price now = 576$

Games always dubbed? NO

All games at least with Spanish Subtitles? NO

Normal PS3 Game (Xbox as well) = 100$

EOJ + Camera price = 100€ , yes, that´s 144$ for a game that cost 70$ in the US

All the good stuff...:lol

Why would you want a dubbed game?

itxaka

Defeatist
Midas said:
Why would you want a dubbed game?

Spanish people want EVERY game dubbed to their languaje because the level of english in this country is poor, very poor so there is a lot of people that cannot enjoy games as they are on english (lame I know). Even with english subtitles they don´t want it so go figure.

Elios83

It's funny that many retailers are selling these bundles with 10€ off the price.
399€ 40GB+ Spiderman3 and 429€ with the game bundled.

Top Bottom