• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New PS3 Update?

What Should Be DantesWrath punishiment for lying about in-game XMB?

Results are only viewable after voting.

kevm3

Has the 2.17 update always been available? I just logged in and it said I needed to update. What's new in this update?

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
This is a new update, and Tanod's informer told us about it earlier today. Looks like it's official!

WOO NEW FIRMWARE WOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
I wish you could background download system updates so I could continue to browse GAF on my PS3 to see what faster d/l'ers say about the update while its going. Instead I had to turn my PC on to keep up with things. ;_;

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
DMPrince said:
from 2.10 to 2.17 must be something big at least. Woot.

What a weird number. Kinda confirms Sony has been holding back firmwares with all the ruckus about having to update too much. Bastards.

chubigans said:
What a weird number. Kinda confirms Sony has been holding back firmwares with all the ruckus about having to update too much. Bastards.

lol. i just realized what i typed though. 2.10 to 2.17. it sounds like a fix. i was reading it as 2.70 ;o

tanod

when is my burrito
Stealth things to check:

Enhancements to DIVX
Enhancements to the flash version of the internet browser
More Fast forwarding/ rewinding options on music

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
chubigans said:
That doesn't confirm any such thing.

Treo360

chubigans said:
This is a new update, and Tanod's informer told us about it earlier today. Looks like it's official!

WOO NEW FIRMWARE WOOOOOOOOOOOO!

This was posted yesterday on the AVS forums.

Kittonwy

Banned
This better be something good or dey better PON PATA PON PATA cuz Ima gonna PON PON CHAKA CHAKA then PON PON PATA PON.
angry.gif

This update has so far done nothing for the ps3... but as soon as I started downloading it, my torrent speeds have gone through the roof.

I hope they fixed whatever oddness was preventing certain seemingly fine xvids from working, at least through mediatomb.

An update?!

OMG! It's been so long, it's Christmas time again!

It's either something sweet, or socks, most likely socks, but either way the excitement is back again!

Top Bottom