• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New PS4 Commercial During Monday Night Football (ESPN)

Was a tricky one:

ibgov2LyaJ4Vq.gif

Wow

Ludist210

I thought the commercial was pretty clever...but I would have liked to see more footage, you know? Show me more of what I'm potentially buying.

showed it to my friends who are not really hardcore gamers, and they loved it. smiles all around.

i personally feel the ad is amazing. it excels at giving viewers a promise. a promise of the experience of ps4, a promise of "greatness awaits". Showing the console + gameplay footage is good for a different type of commercial/goal.

Last Hope

Lots of GAFers are easily excited.

In other news, this MAY be the closest thing we have seen to gameplay footage yet.

Still waiting for that media blitz that has never happened. Starting to wonder if the games are even finished (they'd have to by now).

Iacobellis

Lots of GAFers are easily excited.

In other news, this MAY be the closest thing we have seen to gameplay footage yet.

Still waiting for that media blitz that has never happened. Starting to wonder if the games are even finished (they'd have to by now).

I believe launch titles have another week before going gold.

Having Elder Scrolls at the start just seems random.

I guess they wanted muliplayer focused games so using Watch dogs or something wouldnt make sense.

Last Hope

Besides announcing a fee, has Sony announced anything about upgrading the PSN? Hard to imagine that XBL hasn't changed much (besides the interface) of Live and it is still better than PSN.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Yeah I dont know why "greatness awaits" became the marketing slogan.

I think they could have done something cool with The War against Reality or The Best Place to Play.

Greatness Awaits is a great slogan though. I wouldn't be opposed to them using some of the Playstation Ethos stuff in their marketing though.

how in the fuck did this video in damn near a day is all most a milli, I think mofos like me who don't like the comm. are really, really in the minority.

Besides announcing a fee, has Sony announced anything about upgrading the PSN? Hard to imagine that XBL hasn't changed much (besides the interface) of Live and it is still better than PSN.

Not officially, but Boyes has said in a recent Up at Noon that they're in the process of putting more hamsters on the wheels.

Yeah I dont know why "greatness awaits" became the marketing slogan.

I think they could have done something cool with The War against Reality or The Best Place to Play.

they still use 'best place to play', i believe they'll keep mentioning that line in their press conferences.

wow lol.

Nothing tops this though by Demonite.

i97P4bk7nDuQ9.gif

this is even more hilarious now that Mattrick is gone from MS.

dreamfall

Kaz/Mattrick GIF is incredible!

Ad was alright- I don't know, maybe some gameplay interspersed between the singing would've helped!

prag16

Banned
Can not believe that people believe this commercial is pointless... watch "The Double Life"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Bqq38WZctA

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Double_Life_(PlayStation_ad)
What the... I... am not sure what to say. That was even worse than this week's PS4 ad, which I was critical of. If anything it's almost creepy... That is really considered a classic ad??
Obviously, because no one saw it, and no one is talking about it...
Obligatory mention of the gaf echo chamber, and/or "gaf != everyone, or the world".

Was a tricky one:

ibgov2LyaJ4Vq.gif
*slow clap*

Amir0x

Banned
what's amazing about the Don Mattrick image is how perfectly the headshot when the car is starting to flip matches to the situation lol

DBT85

What the... I... am not sure what to say. That was even worse than this week's PS4 ad, which I was critical of. If anything it's almost creepy... That is really considered a classic ad??

Double life won many awards, is widely thought of as one of the best, if not the best, PlayStation advert of all time, and is in the Clio hall of fame which is by all accounts no mean feat.

Top Bottom