• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New PS4 model (CUH-1200) announced

raven777

7PUYbeW.jpg

Jm4mZFo.jpg

new PS4 model CUH-1200 announced. It will be shipping end of June in Japan and rest of the world later.

some of the changes are

8% less power consumption compared to previous model
10% lighter
HDD cover is same matte finish as the rest of the body

It's still same 500GB HDD and same price ($399 in the US)
http://scei.co.jp/corporate/release/150622_e.html

Vuze

Not surprised but still sad about same pricing. Anyway, looks and sounds neat! I'll make sure to pick up this model next year.

Nice they are doing good in Hardware at least. Wish my PS4 was not a bastard when it came to screenshots though and trading them in PNG to people.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
Looking at the reduced power consumption, I wonder if the APU already received a die shrink. It's too early for that, right?

I kinda like the two tone gloss/matte, though this would be really nice as the gloss is prone to scratches.

500gb HDD is a waste of everyones time though Sony.

Also, 10% lighter? This thing barely weighs now.
I could hit a cat with the new lighter PS4 and it would do nothing to it...joking

Will be legit shock, when we get a slim version.

Looking at the reduced power consumption, I wonder if the APU already received a die shrink. It's too early for that, right?

The process nodes exist (Intel is already on 14nm) but I am not aware of any AMD tech running below 28nm. The reduction is small, I would suspect they made savings elsewhere.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
They always take the shiny stuff away for late-adopter peasants.

Still got my shiny, opulent glossy+chrome launch PS3 and chrome disc tray premium 360 ;)

Max_Po

Banned
Dam...matt hdd cover .. now it totallly has the feel of ps2. I hate the piono finish ..its a finger print and smudge magnet.

Hypron

I wonder how loud it'll be compared to current PS4s. I had to put mine in another room because it annoyed me while playing games.

The uniform look is really sweet though.

As I said in the duplicate thread, why do I bother buying consoles when they first release? :(
Wonder when a legit PS4 Lite will be released.

Any word on a tweaked Dualshock 4 with sticks that don't peel and triggers that don't stick?

I got 2 of those tweaked DS4s at launch. One came with my system. I really wonder if it was a bad batch or something because all of my friends' DS4s are also in great shape. Maybe Canada got a netter batch? Sorry you got a shitty one

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
As I said in the duplicate thread, why do I bother buying consoles when they first release? :(

I'd rather have the early models of most consoles, actually. Usually shinier, more premium look, more features, etc.

Top Bottom