• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New PSP slim colors (blue, lavender, pink) for Japan

Jim

Along with the limited edition Crisis Core pack, looks like a few new colors coming for the (PSP-2000) PSP slim.

Didn't see 'em posted.

scej102.jpg

scej104.jpg

scej105.jpg

scej106.jpg

scej107.jpg

http://watch.impress.co.jp/game/docs/20070717/scej1.htm

this is bullshit!

....why can't America get a color that either, doesn't leave fingerprints all over it after normal use, or a goddamn watermark on the back!

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
AgentOtaku said:
this is bullshit!

....why can't America get a color that either, doesn't leave fingerprints all over it after normal use, or a goddamn watermark on the back!

Yeah, I need a light colored PSP because I feel all self conscious and wash my hands before playing the PSP.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
What's the deal with PSP slim? It looks exactly the same... why is the d-pad still like that? Anger rising... rising...

Gattsu25

Banned
B-Genius said:
What's the deal with PSP slim? It looks exactly the same... why is the d-pad still like that? Anger rising... rising...
It's slimmer, lighter, reportedly has a better screen, and has more actual features. It might not look different in photos though, so your mileage may vary

Defuser

AgentOtaku said:
this is bullshit!

Why can't Amercia this,why can't America that,Wah wah wah. Get over it.

I like the light shade of the colors. I want that blue version. It would suck that movies are region locked and unable to use video out. Hopefully there won't be any further restrictions than the current model.

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
Gattsu25 said:
It's slimmer, lighter, reportedly has a better screen, and has more actual features. It might not look different in photos though, so your mileage may vary

Better screen? Source please!

Zoe

I'm tempted by the pink, but I'd probably end up with the lavendar if I was brave enough to import one.

Come on, SCEA, girls play too! :(

gcubed

i want a hands on with the new PSP. Any word if they fixed the suck ass buttons? If they did, day 1 re-purchase for me

Wollan

I want a purely white one. Any details about Australian/European release?
I will break it's cherry with Silent Hill 0rigins.

gcubed said:
i want a hands on with the new PSP. Any word if they fixed the suck ass buttons? If they did, day 1 re-purchase for me

if you look at various pics around the internets, you can actually see that the buttons have been raised and are reported to have a better response....also, there has been reports that these have NO GHOSTING....at least none thats visable like PSPfat...

Joe211

Wollan said:

me too even if I already have a blue fat psp

Wollan said:
September too (its September everywhere it seems).

Probably we'll get the 3 main colors (black/white/silver) and maybe we get Pink and a limited edition with a September game (Wipeout Pulse?).

Cygnus X-1

Very nice colours ! But I blame Sony to not have changed the design a little bit more. I wonder if the average consumer will be able to distiguish them, outside the name and the price.....

Pallaris

Looks like Europe will get the full range too:

Threespeach

It will come in three main colours - “Piano Black”, “Ceramic White” and “Ice Silver”, plus three ‘pearlised light’ colors - “Felicia Blue”, “Lavender Purple” and “Rose Pink” - in what’s being called the “Blume series”.

I wonder if they redesigned how the square button sits on the unit. I don't like the way it feels on the current design. Did anyone check this out at E3?

Wollan

There's a lot of invisible upgrades to this one that makes it highly practical. Faster UMD loading, 64ram (so it can hold more areas so no need to reload), somewhat longer battery capacity (thanks to the system requiring less even though the battery is technically 'weaker'). Then you have the visible upgrades like the slimmer design, 2/3 the weight, wifi switch ontop, TV out, speakers infront..etc.

Jack Trenton also said earlier this summer that they would launch a PS( P ) Store this fall which is imo huge as it fixes the missing link of the system (getting media directly to it without hazzle & not least demos and smaller games).

gcubed

AgentOtaku said:
if you look at various pics around the internets, you can actually see that the buttons have been raised and are reported to have a better response....also, there has been reports that these have NO GHOSTING....at least none thats visable like PSPfat...

thank you, i noticed that in the profile shots, great to hear that others have said its a little better. Tekken would be a good test on it. And is that an HDMI out video cable? Sweetness.

When is this releasing in the US? Is this going to release standalone, or do you have to buy the bundle they were talking about at E3?

They should release a pack with silent hill origins, and a psp with a rusty kind of color, that would be cool.

(Somebody here with a little of photoshop skills would be willing to give it a shot? PSP+ rusty kind of brown, like so many textures in the game.)

Man PSP is such a great hand held in all areas. I don't know how Sony managed to ruin it :/ That thing should be selling like hot cakes.

Edit: Please tell me atleast a composite cable is included....

Doctor_No

el Diablo said:
Anyone else afraid of how much we're gonna get raped for this cable? I paid $20 for a PS2 component cable and have no urge to spend more than that this time around.

Announced today they range between 2200 ($18) yen to 2800 yen ($23) in Japan.

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
CrushDance said:
Man PSP is such a great hand held in all areas. I don't know how Sony managed to ruin it :/ That thing should be selling like hot cakes.

It doesn't even work with composite cable as far as I know, only component.

el Diablo

Banned
Doctor_No said:
Announced today they range between 2200 ($18) yen to 2800 yen ($23) in Japan.

Not too bad then about in the same neighborhood, was afraid they were going to slap the monster cable prices on the Sony brand cables.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Kiriku said:

Those pics show a composite cable. :) Everything is shown...composite, S-Video, and d-terminal/component cables.

seanoff

Kiriku said:

You're having a bad day Kiriku, look up, that looks like a composite cable to me. As well as S-vid, component and that japanses thing.

CrushDance said:

$250 USD? sometimes $50 USD games?

Here in mexico, sometimes they still charge $699 pesos a game. Thats like $67 USD.

There you go. Glad to be of some assistance.

edit: Oh yeah, I bought mine launch day. It cost me $3600 pesos. Like $350 USD.

Jammy

Banned
Is it just me, or does anything past the first two colors just look REALLY similar to each other... almost like a light silver.

Top Bottom