• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New PSVR2 Trailers: No Man's Sky Fractal Update & Live from PS5 - Feel a New Real

Draugoth

Gold Member

This is live from PS5, the extraordinary worlds of PS VR2 are now available for everyone. Feel a new real today.

Starting today, the No Man’s Sky Fractal update will be available for old and new players of the game. Just in time for the release of PS VR2, the update has been thought to provide an even more immersive experience to players on VR devices, including 3D audio, an adaptive user interface and a simplified and interactive gameplay. The update allows players to easily switch from VR to standard gameplay while staying on the same save. It also features a bunch of additional options on all platforms. Players can earn a new starship, the Utopia Seeder, and discover a new expedition “Utopia” which challenges players to work together and rebuild an abandoned solar system for the mysterious Utopia Foundation. The update also features new content for Nintendo Switch users, who will now have access to all the Nexus and Quicksilver missions, as well as the “Trace of Metal” story, which were already available on other platforms. Players on PlayStation, Steam Deck and Switch can also experience great immersion, as they now all support gyroscopic controls, making exploring and scanning new discoveries more comfortable and precise than ever.

Last edited:

Kuranghi

So if I have the PS4 game through PS Collection (I think that was a thing?), do I get the PS5 and PS VR2 versions for free/a fee or should I picking this up on PS4 physical to then get free updates.

edit - Right so it wasn't in the PS Collection but its £30 quid right now for PS4 + PS5 digital copy on PSN, £20 if you have PS Plus so I'll just grab it there for convenience since it's ~£16 used physical. I assume that gets the PS VR2 update for free with this major update.

Last edited:
So if I have the PS4 game through PS Collection (I think that was a thing?), do I get the PS5 and PS VR2 versions for free/a fee or should I picking this up on PS4 physical to then get free updates.
I don't think it was a thing - I don't remember ever getting No Man's Sky for free.

I do remember this game being firesale'd for like $5 physical at one point... I really wish I picked it up then. I played it a couple times but the game now is probably multiple times more complex than it was years ago.

Fafalada

Fafracer forever
I just looked it up. They published the Switch version, not the other console versions previously. This is strange.
Playstation version was published by Sony - and it was one of those arrangements that's closer to 1st party development than anything else. Steam is self-published, Not sure who handled XBox version later though.

Fredrik

First time experience in VR is mindblowing in this game. Just holding up and study your weapon is cool.
Made me motion sick though but there is teleportation too as a choice, long time sessions was uncomfortable for me on Quest 2 but for short sessions it’s really cool.

Gamerguy84

This is one of a few I'm most excited about.

Well originally anyway but after seeing trailers and watching some livestream I would buy about 12 games right this second if I could.

I own 4 of those already so I'll just go with those for now. My VR2 is on a delivery truck right now and I'm home waiting for it.

Time to mine some rocks.

Last edited:

Outlier

I bought NMS on ps4 first, so glad that I can download the PS5 version for free. I also bought it on OC, but barely played it.

Now I have three games (technically 4, but we don't talk about Hitman VR <_<) to play in VR!
Excited Laugh GIF by Chris Kläfford

Top Bottom