• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Pushmo game released in japan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pushmo: Hippa Land
Seemingly with some F2P elements (buy level packs)
If i read that right, you can get all the levels for 1,000 yen (<$10)
New gameplay elements too.
Out now in Japan
(Thanks, Nintendaan and Streets for the info!)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9SoozHUA4I&feature=youtu.be
There's a Neko Mario Time with some coverage https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmGrPWTIxUM
You can download the game and get access to 7 puzzles from 4 different worlds. Worlds are broken up into regular puzzles, puzzles that look like objects, puzzles with enemies, and NES-sprite based puzzles. You play as a different character in each world.

Once you've beaten the 28 free puzzles, you can then buy 100 new courses for the regular puzzle world for 500 yen, and 50 new courses each for the other worlds for 300 yen each. Or, you can buy a pack of all four for 1000 yen (400 yen discount). There is also a discount pack if you just want 3 worlds.

Buying and beating all four worlds gives you access to a special super-hard challenge world. You need to buy at least one of the worlds to get access to the Create-A-Puzzle feature.

QR code sharing of puzzles you make is back.

You can download the game and get to play 7 trial puzzles. Worlds are broken up into regular puzzles, puzzles that look like objects, puzzles with enemies, and NES-sprite based puzzles. You play as a different character in each world.

Once you've beaten the seven free puzzles, you can then buy 100 new courses for the regular puzzle world for 500 yen, and 50 new courses each for the other worlds for 300 yen each. Or, you can buy a pack of all four for 1000 yen (400 yen discount). If you buy the first world, you can later buy the other three for 700 yen, and if you first buy one of the other 3, you can buy the remaining three for 900 yen (200 yen off).

Buying and beating all four worlds gives you access to a special super-hard challenge world with 50 levels.

You need to buy at least one of the worlds to get access to the Create-A-Puzzle feature. QR code sharing of puzzles you make is back.

Looking at the trailer, each of the 4 paid worlds plays somewhat differently and uses a different character
The first one (500 yen) stars Mallo and it seems to play more like Pushmo but with with
The second one stars the girl from Crashmo and seems to be more complex kind of like the advanced Crashmo puzzles (excluding the falling mechanic)
The third one stars a boy I think from I think the original and plays more actiony with some enemies
The fourth one is game based puzzles with the grandpa

GWX

Holy shit, another one, and it looks awesome! Also, ~10 bucks for every level pack is good in my book. Loved Pushmo and Crashmo, but I haven't got the Wii U one: I wonder if it builds up enough on the 3DS game to stand on its own.

Doorman

I've only played Pushmo World so far...is this the first time that you can swing the camera around all four cardinal directions like that? I don't recall hearing about the previous games being quite so "three-dimensional" if you know what I mean.

Bring this stateside! Give it to meeeeee!

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/3ds/theme/list/01172/index.html

There's also a Pushmo theme for 3DS available, 200 yen. Sound effects, theme from Pushmo World for music.

main.png

Symtendo

That looks like a pretty good evolution of the Pushmo gameplay, colour me interested.

I'm definitely in for the NES sprite levels, Nintendo have me by the balls when it comes to that stuff.

Interesting to note that Pushmo now has more iterations than Punch Out!

BooJoh

I need this ASAP. I love Pushmo and this looks to bring a lot of variety to the table while hopefully not being quite as obtuse as Crashmo.

Holy shit, another one, and it looks awesome! Also, ~10 bucks for every level pack is good in my book. Loved Pushmo and Crashmo, but I haven't got the Wii U one: I wonder if it builds up enough on the 3DS game to stand on its own.

The answer is basically yes. It's mostly standard Pushmo style puzzles, but there's a bunch of them, including mural stages, plus there's a set of extra puzzles where colors are linked (pulling out one red block pulls out all red blocks) and the online mode provides basically endless user puzzles that are very easy to jump right into. It lacks 3d but makes up for it with camera controls on the right stick to help get a good vantage point.

rjc571

Banned
Downloaded it and played two levels. It runs at only 30 fps. The previous Pushmo/Crashmo games all ran at 60 fps (even in 3D). Deleted it immediately.

Regiruler

Looking at the trailer, each of the 4 paid worlds plays somewhat differently and uses a different character
The first one (500 yen) stars Mallo and it seems to play more like Pushmo but with with
The second one stars the girl from Crashmo and seems to be more complex kind of like the advanced Crashmo puzzles (excluding the falling mechanic)
The third one stars a boy I think from I think the original and plays more actiony with some enemies
The fourth one is game based puzzles with the grandpa
It wouldn't happen to be the "antagonist" from Pushmo would it?
Downloaded it and played two levels. It runs at only 30 fps. The previous Pushmo/Crashmo games all ran at 60 fps (even in 3D). Deleted it immediately.
It's a fucking puzzle game. Framerate isn't a deal breaker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom