• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Rayman Raving Rabbids info for Wii! (plus screens that don't scream meh)

rayman-raving-rabbids-20060727023135340.jpg

rayman-raving-rabbids-20060727023147401.jpg

rayman-raving-rabbids-20060727023148167.jpg

Full article at IGN here

Looks nice, and I don't doubt it will be a good looking game, but my interest in this is pretty minimal right now, I'm not big on this whole contests idea, I really wish they had made a full-blown 3D platformer, there are so few quality ones.

GitarooMan said:
Looks nice, and I don't doubt it will be a good looking game, but my interest in this is pretty minimal right now, I'm not big on this whole contests idea, I really wish they had made a full-blown 3D platformer, there are so few quality ones.

Mario Galaxy.

And plus I think these challenges they refer to are yeah, the main gameplay plan, but I think you're able to fool around in between these things.

Mashing

Speevy said:
It looks fun, but graphically worse than Conker for the Xbox (I'd rather PLAY this though).

Ultimately it will be (BG&E looks better than Conker for instance--atleast in my opinion). Anyway, this game just looks like crazy fun.

I think this is definitely going to be a day one purchase for me. I don't think I've ever purchased a Ray game before but BG&E made me a fan.

Alucard

Banned
This game looks superb. But what's this I hear about it only consisting of mini-games?...Isn't there a continuing story like Rayman 2?

123rl

Smiles and Cries said:
rayman-raving-rabbids-20060727023135340.jpg

I see balls and penises... once you see it you can't OMG
:lol
I think it looks like a lot of fun. The whole idea of crazy, angry, bunnies is superb. I hope the game lives up to its potential. I'm not expecting a revolution, I'll just be happy with a great game that can make me laugh

I saw some promo trailer videos for this recently and it looks insane. It was just this bunny that opens his eyes, screams as loudly as it can, and then runs away. My mate was in the room, but wasn't really watching it. He turned round just as a rabbit started screaming, and it scared the crap out of him:lol

edit - here's the video I'm talking about:

Bunnies Can't Play Soccer

Im very surprised with this game, the graphics are clean and good, sure not high-class but does it job well enough and definetely not a downer, it somehow suits it really well especially with how the game looks to be insane and crazy from the get go.

first day purchase? maybe.. i need to see more of it in motion before judgement

Alucard said:
This game looks superb. But what's this I hear about it only consisting of mini-games?...Isn't there a continuing story like Rayman 2?
There must be an overarching story, since the game is about this insidious invasion launched by subterranean bunnies. It sounds somewhat like Beyond Good & Evil to me in terms of structure, though undoubtedly a lot more stylized and segmented than that game. Ancel seems to really enjoy blending many different types of gameplay in a single game. That's one of the things I loved about BG&E (along with everything else about that game), and I'm looking forward to it here as well.

Chris Remo said:
There must be an overarching story, since the game is about this insidious invasion launched by subterranean bunnies. It sounds somewhat like Beyond Good & Evil to me in terms of structure, though undoubtedly a lot more stylized and segmented than that game. Ancel seems to really enjoy blending many different types of gameplay in a single game. That's one of the things I loved about BG&E (along with everything else about that game), and I'm looking forward to it here as well.
Man, it sounds nothing like BG+E to me in structure, I don't know where you're getting that. I wish I got that sense. Certainly many types of gameplay, but I don't get any sense that it will have the cohesive adventure elements of BG+E.

Amir0x

Banned
looks pretty good for the hardware. I too am cautiously optimistic... don't like the de-emphasis of the platform elements either - but it is an Ancel project, so I have no reason not to be optimistic.

Kevtones

Every promo/screenshot I see of this game, I get the same feeling I get when I see crazy new Dead Rising stuff.

Day one pruuuuuchase

fresquito

I don´t think this game will be mini-game based.

From what I´ve read, I understand the game will expose Rayman to many different situations. He´s supposed to be trapped, and he must fight for his survival. These fights will be the game, so it will be divided in different stages. So, what we have is lots of stages with different gameplay, not minigames necesarily.

I don´t see anything bad within this context.

Easy_G

I really want to get this game, but I'm only worried that it will end up like wario ware.

Don't get me wrong, wario ware is fun, but I want actual full fledged games. Hopefully these activities are just like battles amidst the rest of the game.

Top Bottom