• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New ReCore Game “Would Be Great To See,” Says Armature Studio

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Speaking with SegmentNext in a recent interview, Armature Studio stated that there has been no “specific” discussion with Microsoft about releasing a new ReCore game. The developer though hopes to see the game return and soon, even if Microsoft hands over ReCore to another studio.

We have a very good relationship with Microsoft, but we have not talked specifically about creating a new ReCore game. We really enjoyed the IP we helped create, so whether ReCore returns through us or someone else, it would be great to see a new version of the game.
Armature Studio did mention that there are “some very interesting things planned internally” for the next couple of years. These include creating new games, “as well as working with the new consoles.” Whether one of those new games include a new ReCore installment, Armature Studio is not saying.

Xenon

I wish MS would have picled up this studio. They got screwed and had to push their game out early since MS had much bigger issues with it's other first party titles.

levyjl1988

Banned
I wish there was a way to remove the face covering and the helmet, like a patch of something. It was annoying to see.

S

Steve.1981

Unconfirmed Member
It would be great to see a ReCore 2. I think it could be a very good game, as the first one was a strong base to build from.

One of my favourite games of this gen.

Banned
they need more manpower, a higher budget, AND FOR THE LOVE OF THE ONMICIENT SPAGHETTI MONSTER! PLEASE DON'T USE THE FUCKING UNITY ENGINE EVER AGAIN!

the core gameplay was excellent, the platforming challenges were fun as hell, and I even liked the collect-a-thon aspects of it. the issue was that it all was rather unpolished and rushed. Hell on PC they literally broke the keyboard mapping menu, so you can't remap any keys anymore since the final update came out... and they haven't fixed it yet and most likely never will.
the game feels like it has a lot of budget and time constraint issues

S

SpongebobSquaredance

Unconfirmed Member
Just started it yesterday. It's surprisingly.. great?!
I am just surprised I enjoy it so much. It's a mix between platforming and shooting and it controls really well. Only gripe I have is the framerate (fine for the most part though) and that it relies to much on desert areas (boring imo).
..another example why metacritic is fucking useless I guess.

BabyYoda

Banned
Gutted I own it on an account that I lost the email for, it was a good game, it's flaws were obvious, but I really enjoyed it, I would definitely like to see a more polished sequel.

Last edited:

Iced Arcade

Would love to see another recore with a bigger budget and time.

Also the 1st games load times were atrocious. Actually kills the game for me.

Banned
Just started it yesterday. It's surprisingly.. great?!
I am just surprised I enjoy it so much. It's a mix between platforming and shooting and it controls really well. Only gripe I have is the framerate (fine for the most part though) and that it relies to much on desert areas (boring imo).
..another example why metacritic is fucking useless I guess.

the PC is your friend... Unity runs like donky anus on console. on PC the game runs at a locked 60fps at 4K max settings on my GTX1070oc... I could even run it at above that but... why bother? the AA I get from 4K supersampled down to 1440p is sharp AF.
that graphics card is only slightly more powerful than the GPU of the One X, yet on One X it runs at an uneven 30fps at 1440p... kinda weird right?

S

SpongebobSquaredance

Unconfirmed Member
the PC is your friend... Unity runs like donky anus on console. on PC the game runs at a locked 60fps at 4K max settings on my GTX1070oc... I could even run it at above that but... why bother? the AA I get from 4K supersampled down to 1440p is sharp AF.
my PC is dogshit for gaming, only games it runs smoothly are about 15 years old or indies. even CS:GO runs like ass.

Last edited by a moderator:

Banned
my PC is dogshit for gaming, only games it runs smoothly are about 15 years old or indies. even CS:GO runs like ass.

ohhhoookay lol do you know your specs?... but still it is weird how much better this game runs on PC, I really wonder why Unity Engine has so many issues on console... it's almost impossible to find a Unity game on console that doesn't run like ass or has extremely simple graphics. the 2 Ori games are the only exception I am aware of.

the game is cross buy tho, so if you have Windows 10 you can install it there :)

Last edited:

linkroi

ReCore was indeed a really good action/platformer game, not Perfect (especially the technical part) but overall it was fun ! Hope too see a second episode. I did particularly like the oldschool vibe from the game, the good old ps2 plateformer style (on some point) mixed up with exploration !!

AllyITA

did the original game ever get the cut content/expansion?

it was the tank robot ad desert level if i remember correctly

Vyndktvx

Neo Member
I really enjoyed it and would love a sequel with a bigger budget. Dunno how likely that is now that MS has a bunch of its own studios now though.

Larxia

I really liked this game, the gameplay and controls were fantastic.
It was super responsive, and the few platforming dungeons were amazing, it was honestly the best platforming gameplay I ever played.

It just got a bit tedious in the endgame if you were trying to collect all orbs. If they make a sequel I also wish they would do more platforming focused dungeons, and less of these very long exploration dungeons, some were a bit annoying, especially if it lasted 10 minutes and you missed one color cube somewhere and had to start all over.

Another annoying thing was being limited to only 2 robots, I always wanted to have the vehicle and the gliding ones with me, but because of that I was often blocked for specific puzzles and had to go to a fast travel point to change my robots and come back. I understand having more than 2 robots for combats would be unbalanced, but I don't know, having only 2 for the exploration really doesn't add any value or balancing, it's just annoying.

But outside of these issues, I really liked the gameplay, the atmosphere, even the combats, it was great to finally see a new game with shooting where the shooting gameplay was with a target / lock on system instead of aiming, I'm a bit tired of all games with gunfights only focusing on manual aim, I know a lot of people think lock-on system is some "easy" mode, but in my opinion it's not, it's different, instead of focusing on your aiming, you will focus on your movements and other stuff going on around you, I find it more dynamic and more fun than hiding, covering, and shooting while standing in place. It worked really well in recore to have a system like that.

dorkimoe

I really liked this game, the gameplay and controls were fantastic.
It was super responsive, and the few platforming dungeons were amazing, it was honestly the best platforming gameplay I ever played.

It just got a bit tedious in the endgame if you were trying to collect all orbs. If they make a sequel I also wish they would do more platforming focused dungeons, and less of these very long exploration dungeons, some were a bit annoying, especially if it lasted 10 minutes and you missed one color cube somewhere and had to start all over.

Another annoying thing was being limited to only 2 robots, I always wanted to have the vehicle and the gliding ones with me, but because of that I was often blocked for specific puzzles and had to go to a fast travel point to change my robots and come back. I understand having more than 2 robots for combats would be unbalanced, but I don't know, having only 2 for the exploration really doesn't add any value or balancing, it's just annoying.

But outside of these issues, I really liked the gameplay, the atmosphere, even the combats, it was great to finally see a new game with shooting where the shooting gameplay was with a target / lock on system instead of aiming, I'm a bit tired of all games with gunfights only focusing on manual aim, I know a lot of people think lock-on system is some "easy" mode, but in my opinion it's not, it's different, instead of focusing on your aiming, you will focus on your movements and other stuff going on around you, I find it more dynamic and more fun than hiding, covering, and shooting while standing in place. It worked really well in recore to have a system like that.
Agreed. It got pretty complex with character switching and stuff too. Fun game though and would like to see a sequel

Top Bottom