• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Republic: The Left's Misguided Debate Over Kamala Harris

Are you being serious? I honestly can't tell.
Yes. Boomers and people on the periphery of the Boomer generation need to get the fuck out of government. 30+ years of Boomer rule have devastated the country. I'd like to see more candidates from the mid-X (Oregon Trail/Catalano) generation and very early Millennials. Digital immigrants don't have the capacity to fully understand the new world we live in.

I want someone who will be younger than ~45 in 2020 as the candidate.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Huh. I'd not realised that until you pointed it out, but Harris is actually still a Baby Boomer. That's impressive, she's aged well.

Yes. Boomers and people on the periphery of the Boomer generation need to get the fuck out of government. 30+ years of Boomer rule have devastated the country. I'd like to see more candidates from the mid-X (Oregon Trail/Catalano) generation and very early Millennials. Digital immigrants don't have the capacity to fully understand the new world we live in.

I want someone who will be younger than ~45 in 2020 as the candidate.

Well black don't crack, so subtract 10 from her age. She's only 42. D:

chaos789

Banned
As someone who has spent a majority of his life being associated with what mainstream media calls "far left" by being involved in the late 90's and early 2000's protests against globalization, as well as supporting many of the policies Bernie has advocted for much of his political life. I have awoken or become more realistic after the 2016 election of Trump. If the 2020 election again becomes a liberal/progressive purity test we will lose again. I mean do people really want Trump or possibly Pence to win? At this point I will vote for whoever wins the Democratic Party primary whether its Booker or Harris or Gillibrand or even Biden. Just as I voted for Clinton even though I supported Bernie in 2016. Its the responsible thing to do. I was hopeful if Bernie did become the nominee and won the election, his agenda would pass, but realistically with a Republican dominated House and Republican controlled Senate, none of that stuff would make it to his desk no mattter how good it sounds. Republican Party has always been the Pro-Corporate party and its sad middle class Americans in the rural areas and rust belt states cannot see that the Reaganomics idealogy that conservatives still support is the reason for their current economic woes. They employ a socially regressive mentality to get their vote.

I was hopeful if Bernie did become the nominee and won the election, his agenda would pass, but realistically with a Republican dominated House and Republican controlled Senate, none of that stuff would make it to his desk no mattter how good it sounds. Republican Party has always been the Pro-Corporate party and its sad middle class Americans in the rural areas and rust belt states cannot see that the Reaganomics idealogy that conservatives still support is the reason for their current economic woes. They employ a socially regressive mentality to get their vote.

The angle of "well the policies donr have a chance of succeeding so why bother pushing for them" does not get us anywhere, and more and more Americans have lost patience with politicians. Did we all forget that pragmatic "slow progress" Democrats in Congress were ranking favourably in the TEENS with American people? Did corrupted Superdelgates really decide on plucking out Queen Cersei Clinton out of the elite cesspool and run her as the solution to all our problems? Bad shortsighted choice by the party and the media chose the wrong set of corrupt horses to prop up.

Electing Bernie was a strategic victory for our country, just as electing Lincoln was for Republicans for abolitionists (what progressives are today) before the civil war. You get a visionary in there at the central bully pulpit of the nation (and the world) pushing ideas and policies that are popular with the grand majority of Americans (most progressives policies). What you do as a leader is pit grotesque macabre Republicans in congress (and corporate lapdog Democrats) agains these policies in public debates, amd you have a better chance of making them look bad before a swoop in 2018 (further robustly gaining control of the country).

But nevermind... the corporate powers that be will vigorously contain a populist movement fughting for workers and regular Americans. The top elite power brokers cant have a Bernie going up against their wealth interests.

Top Bottom