• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Resident Evil 5 info from this week's Famitsu

cvxfreak

- A new trailer will be shown in the very near future.
- For now, Famitsu will show images and some info from one part of that trailer. (intro paragraph written by Takeuchi)
- There's a new female character, shown holding a shotgun and wearing a tank top and boots similar to the ones Jill wore in RE3.
- In addition to areas that make use of sunlight as a gameplay dynamic, there will be darker, shadow-filled areas as well, such as a cavern where Chris utilizes a flashlight. There will be an intense contrast between light and dark.
- Chris is shown using his knife, a sniper rifle above a bridge that's above a river, and of course the handgun.
- A few pieces of artwork are shown, such Chris fighting villagers near a crashed helicopter, that same helicopter flying amidst a smoke-filled sky, and Chris witnessing the helicopter being shot down. There's also some kind of garden in the cavern with a giant hole above it, allowing the sunlight in.
- Chris is shown holding a blond girl noticeably shorter than him in a building.
- A picture of a chainsaw and the right leg of its weilder is shown.
- Chris will be up against very powerful enemies once again, and this shot of some creature behind iron bars is reminiscent of Chris's previous enemies, such as CODE: Veronica's Nosferatu (although it was Claire who faced him) and the REmake's Lisa Trevor. Those two creatures were imprisoned at some point as well.

nosferatu.jpg

+
250px-Trevor_front.jpg

=
?

I know that the T-Virus is probably gone, but I would love to see Lickers or Banders make an appearance. Or Hunters.

RE4 didn't have enough medium sized enemies to take down. The Regenerators/Iron Maidens were cool, but they were almost mini-bosses, and didn't show up until late in the game. El Gigantes were definitely mini-bosses. So were the men in iron masks (don't remember what they were called).

I really hope we see a really scary, medium sized enemy along the lines of the Bander, Licker or Hunter in RE5.

Paracelsus

The arm bracelets, the necklaces, the earrings. They remind me of Tekken 6 Zafina. I seriously doubt she's Jill or Claire. I guess she's more like the female RE4's Luis of the situation.

Graphically this is looking a big step up from capcoms previous nex gen games...if it looks like that on both systems, it will be easily the best looking multiplat game.

Glad, I haven't really played my copy of Res 4...didnt grab me at all, but this one already is

Aggelos

Yes Jill!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D :D I want her playable!!!!!!:D

I guess the trailer is the onw from Capcom's impending media summit at the end of this month, right?

MCD

Prime crotch said:
Fuck, whore Jill again?! Why can't she get a combat uniform?
her uniform doesn't reveal much, she's in combat mode alright.

though i doubt she is jill, looks different.

Aggelos

Have just seen the scans!!!
Man this game looks tremendously awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D Need trailer ASAP!!
Yeah that women doesn't look like Jill....

When are they going to follow up the implication that Spencer wanted to develop a weapon capable of genocide?

Because if they've dropped that plot point, man, fuck them.

Lakitu

st5fu
cvxfreak said:
- Chris will be up against very powerful enemies once again, and this shot of some creature behind iron bars is reminiscent of Chris's previous enemies, such as CODE: Veronica's Nosferatu (although it was Claire who faced him) and the REmake's Lisa Trevor. Those two creatures were imprisoned at some point as well.

I have seen the scans but I didn't see that creature, where is it?

cvxfreak

Lakitu said:
I have seen the scans but I didn't see that creature, where is it?

It can hardly be seen, but the CV/REmake references were to them as imprisoned enemies, not their physical appearance.

Also, the character isn't Jill.

Aggelos

Dascu said:
It's not Jill. It's a black girl.

If you compare her ingame shot with an ingame shot of Chris, you'll see that her skin colour is very much like Chris's one. Her nose is small like Jill's one. It would be cool if thats the new look of Jill.

It sounds rational: Chris took creatine-steroids to become beefy in Biohazard 5, whereas Jill went to a solarium & has a sunburned skin now.......... :lol

Dascu

Aggelos said:
If you compare her ingame shot with an ingame shot of Chris, you'll see that her skin colour is very much like Chris's one. Her nose is small like Jill's one. It would be cool if thats the new look of Jill.

It sounds rational: Chris took creatine-steroids to become beefy in Biohazard 5, whereas Jill went to a solarium & has a sunburned skin now.......... :lol
Well, true, they all look a bit alike.

Morue

I've seen the scans as well... To me the girl doesn't look like Jill or Claire... She looks half african half something else... I like her look, she seems badass...

Unfortunately, they still haven't done anything for Chris' arms...

MarkMacD

New pics looking fucking great, love the look of the new char, and the long view in the shot of Chris w/sniper rifle above the bridge w/village in bkrnd...YES.

Also, in the cave shot w/the flashlight, you can see tracks on the floor. Mine cart level confirmed?

Dot50Cal

Banned
MiiMarioMii said:
I thought its supppsed to be Shelly from RE2. Am i wrong?

Sherry, and yeah most likely its her as they said it was a character we haven't seen in a long time. She is the only one who is blond, female, and we haven't seen in a long time.

PolyGone

Banned
Wax Free Vanilla said:
doesn't look very good.

this has had a visual downgrade like devil may cry 4.

Not really. The first stuff we saw of DMC4 was obviously cg. If anything, the latest scans show that Chris looks better than I thought. And the new chick is hawt too. And white zombie.

Dot50Cal said:
Sherry, and yeah most likely its her as they said it was a character we haven't seen in a long time. She is the only one who is blond, female, and we haven't seen in a long time.
Elza Walker.

Nah.

I'm hoping for a Sherry Birkin minigame where she attacks with her G-Virus powers.

Sadist

Wait, enemies who look like Nosferatu and Lisa Trevor or ARE they Nosferatu and Lisa Trevor?

If yes: holy shit, I need a PS3.

Aggelos

Famitsu says the following about the female characters (too hard to read though, as the scan is not high-res):

"The trailer reveals the presence of 2 female characters. The one is to be found on the 2nd floor of a dilapidated house. It's a blond-hair woman wearing a red dress. Seems that she is entrapped in a dangerous situation and Chris went to rescue her. We speculate that she is under Chris's protection (she follows his commands during the game) and they both try to escape (something similar to Leon & Ashley in Bio4). The second female character, who has a brown skin, is brand new character to the series. It seems like she is an ally of Chris. At the present time not only their personalities, but even their names are unknown."

cvxfreak

Sadist said:
Wait, enemies who look like Nosferatu and Lisa Trevor or ARE they Nosferatu and Lisa Trevor?

If yes: holy shit, I need a PS3.

To clarify, Famitsu draws comparisons to both creatures because they were imprisoned and quite brutal as bosses. We don't know what the creature itself looks like other than that it sits behind bars.

If anyone can clarify this point better from the Japanese info I'd appreciate it myself.

MCD

Aggelos said:
Famitsu says the following about the female characters (too hard to read though, as the scan is not high-res):

"The trailer reveals the presence of 2 female characters. The one is to be found on the 2nd floor of a building. It's a blond-hair woman wearing a red dress. Seems that she is entrapped in a dangerous situation and Chris went to rescue her. We speculate that she is under Chris's protection (she follows his commands during the game) and they both try to escape (something similar to Leon & Ashley in Bio4). The second female character, who has a brown skin, is brand new character to the series. It seems like she is an ally of Chris. At the present time not only their personalities, but even their names are unknown."
baby sitting again? sigh...

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Kafel said:
I'm dying to see the images. :(
In totally unrelated news, I find Resident Evil Virus to be the best source in German language RE news. Perhaps they have the scans somewhere...? I wouldn't know, I haven't checked.

Sadist

Oh thanks for the info, I almost went nuts about it :lol

But a creature with the same kind of threat is fine by me. That new trailer will be shown I guess at Captivate by the end of the month.

Morue

Man, I don't want another Ashley like character... She was so fucking annoying (her voice when she was screaming was unbearable)... The only fun thing about her was trying to find new ways of killing her (and believe me, I spent a lot of time doing so...:lol )

Top Bottom