• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Resident Evil 5 info from this week's Famitsu

Yoboman

Wax Free Vanilla said:
doesn't look very good.

this has had a visual downgrade like devil may cry 4.
Not really, textures seem to have taken a hit (though that could just be the scan quality washing out the detail), but otherwise it looks the same as the E3 trailer

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
diablopanqueque said:
This wouldn't happen to be the same girl from Resident Evil:Gaiden now would it?
I think the general gaming population Capcom would rather just forget that game existed.

Sadist

Oeh... pretty.

I'm really looking forward to this game. There are few locations that look pretty interesting. Like that mineshaft or that garden (which looks like a basecamp/researchcenter)

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
new images :eek: The one where Chris is shooting next to a crashed heli looks amazing

that new trailer had better come soon

Gantz

Banned
flipping_heck said:
nosferatu.jpg

+
250px-Trevor_front.jpg

=
?

Lovecraft inspired monsters confirmed! :D

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Honestly everything about the latest scans just scream quality. The locations, the atmosphere, the visuals, the characters, EVERYTHING.

Aggelos

cvxfreak said:
If anyone can clarify this point better from the Japanese info I'd appreciate it myself.

Famitsu says

The mysterious shadow. This particular "swaying shadow" behind an iron fence might be holding the key/answer to the story.
Observing the picture below, you can see a naked man rusting away/out inside a prison. He is slouching somehow, his left hand juts out, his right hand is dangling loosely. It seems he is imprisoned by somebody. This man seems to be a very important character for Biohazard 5, perhaps because he's holding the key/anwser to the disaster that occured in this town. This man has a close resemblance to Nosferatu (from BioCV) and Lisa Trevor (from Biohazard remake). Which means that if Chris has to face him, he should be a tough opponent...

Morue

The game indeed looks gorgeous. Hopefully, they'll come with new animations for Chris and the ennemies when the trailer is released (cause in the last vid, all the animations were exactly like in RE4...)

Oh man. I can't wait for this game but the black sidekick is the biggest [[[[[NOT RACIST, SOME OF MY BEST FRIENDS ARE BLACK]]]]] ever seen in a video game.

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
i just sit in a dark room twiddling my thumbs waiting to play this. i've given up the facade that anything else in my life matters.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Hmm....I don't know about the skin color.

If it is white (albeit quite tan) could be Jill....and I would definitely like a return to two character options after 4. But somehow, I don't think we're that lucky. The earring she's seen to be wearing throws off the Jill vibe, too, as well as the small ponytail....but the outfit does seem to be an amalgamation of her Nemesis and RE1 outfits....hmm.

Edit: Ah, saw the "translations". Not Jill, then, at least...supposedly.

And yeah, I'm thinking it is Sherry that Chris is holding.

Prime crotch said:
Maybe, but it looks more like a tan and one thing Africa has most is sun and heat. Although I was expecting a Carl Weathers like character for Chris's PC sidekick.
BRING BACK MARVIN BRANAGH FOR THE GOOD COP/ZOMBIE COP BUDDY MOVIE OF THE YEAR

Xapati

Prime crotch said:
Maybe, but it looks more like a tan and one thing Africa has most is sun and heat. Although I was expecting a Carl Weathers like character for Chris's PC sidekick.

She looks like someone from south america. Definately not black though. Also she seems pretty small, but I like petite girls :D

harSon

Banned
cvxfreak said:
- A new trailer will be shown in the very near future.
- For now, Famitsu will show images and some info from one part of that trailer. (intro paragraph written by Takeuchi)
- There's a new female character, shown holding a shotgun and wearing a tank top and boots similar to the ones Jill wore in RE3.
- In addition to areas that make use of sunlight as a gameplay dynamic, there will be darker, shadow-filled areas as well, such as a cavern where Chris utilizes a flashlight. There will be an intense contrast between light and dark.
- Chris is shown using his knife, a sniper rifle above a bridge that's above a river, and of course the handgun.
- A few pieces of artwork are shown, such Chris fighting villagers near a crashed helicopter, that same helicopter flying amidst a smoke-filled sky, and Chris witnessing the helicopter being shot down. There's also some kind of garden in the cavern with a giant hole above it, allowing the sunlight in.
- Chris is shown holding a blond girl noticeably shorter than him in a building.
- A picture of a chainsaw and the right leg of its weilder is shown.
- Chris will be up against very powerful enemies once again, and this shot of some creature behind iron bars is reminiscent of Chris's previous enemies, such as CODE: Veronica's Nosferatu (although it was Claire who faced him) and the REmake's Lisa Trevor. Those two creatures were imprisoned at some point as well.

- In addition to areas that make use of sunlight as a gameplay dynamic, there will be darker, shadow-filled areas as well, such as a cavern where Chris utilizes a flashlight. There will be an intense contrast between light and dark.

I can't be the only one who laughed at this :lol

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
I finally saw the blowout... HOLY FUCKING CRAP! :D :D :D :D :D

And the Image Board stuff looks great, can't wait to see what it looks like in-game!

Top Bottom