• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Resident Evil 5 info from this week's Famitsu

Teknoman

Well since she sorta looks like Jessica Lucas or Thandie Newton, im gonna say shes black mixed with something else. That and she looks like she could kick a decent amount of ass.

{Mike}

Banned
Automn 2008. BELIEVE

ALso, as much as RE5 will be amazing....isn't it too much like RE4?

Mine section - check
Helicopter section - check
Dilapitated house - check
Girl in red dress a la ADA - check
CHainsaws - check

I hope they get a lot of new stuff :/

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
{Mike} said:
ALso, as much as RE5 will be amazing....isn't it too much like RE4?

Mine section - check
Helicopter section - check
Dilapitated house - check
Girl in red dress a la ADA - check
CHainsaws - check

I hope they get a lot of new stuff :/

That has been the main worry since it was first shown.

krzyspc said:
This game will be nothing without the Wiimote.

GTFO!

power_of_the_force.gif

Neil

Am I the only one who thinks she doesn't resemble Jill at all!?
'Course, I would love it if it were Jill... *sigh*

Shig said:
If you like cakewalks, perhaps. I liked the versions of RE4 that offered some challenge.
Yeah, RE4 had an excellent learning curve and taught me to be an efficient, brutal killing machine by the end of the game (moreso with the GCN controls than the PS2 controls) when I started it out feeling badly outmatched.

The easy-headshot version controls well, sure, but is atrociously balanced and never offers a feeling of challenge, nor of overcoming challenge. It's just RE4: Easy Mode.

AMAZING!!!

The Chris sniper pic is incredible, I hope thats the true scale of the game, wow! Helicopter pic looks great as well, already some good set pieces we are seeing. The blond chick has to be Sherry and she seems to be the Ashley character in the game. The new chick looks nice, she seems to be the Ada character. So far it still sticks very close to RE4.

Guy in the cell interests me, I need to see this new trailer now!

ZeoVGM

Banned
Looks like Jill, but it says "new female character".

Also looks like it could be Claire in blue though.

Which would be a silly design choice.

The only option is to put Claire and Jill in RE5. Playable.

MiamiWesker said:
AMAZING!!!

The Chris sniper pic is incredible, I hope thats the true scale of the game, wow! Helicopter pic looks great as well, already some good set pieces we are seeing. The blond chick has to be Sherry and she seems to be the Ashley character in the game. The new chick looks nice, she seems to be the Ada character. So far it still sticks very close to RE4.

Guy in the cell interests me, I need to see this new trailer now!
I think Sherry will be pretty different, if only because
she's quite likely to have crazy-ass super powers, given that she's got some G-Virus still lingering in her and she's apparently undergone Alexia's treatment wherein the subject hibernates for ten years and gains control of the virus in their system. Given that we've never seen what a stabilized G-Virus can do, I'm going to hazard a guess that Sherry will more or less be an incredible killing machine

badcrumble said:
I think Sherry will be pretty different, if only because
she's quite likely to have crazy-ass super powers, given that she's got some G-Virus still lingering in her and she's apparently undergone Alexia's treatment wherein the subject hibernates for ten years and gains control of the virus in their system. Given that we've never seen what a stabilized G-Virus can do, I'm going to hazard a guess that Sherry will more or less be an incredible killing machine

Yeah there will be changes cause of that for sure but it seems like it will be the same basic idea with a twist. I hope its completely different but Chris holding her like that makes her still seem weak and looks like Chris needs to guide her. Maybe later in the game she goes all Wesker on people.

MiamiWesker said:
Yeah there will be changes cause of that for sure but it seems like it will be the same basic idea with a twist. I hope its completely different but Chris holding her like that makes her still seem weak and looks like Chris needs to guide her. Maybe later in the game she goes all Wesker on people.
I'd rather she went all Alexia on Wesker :D er, apart from the greyish exoskeleton and creepy ambigious slimy sexual RE staple imagery of course

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
omg rite said:
Looks like Jill, but it says "new female character".

Also looks like it could be Claire in blue though.

Which would be a silly design choice.

The only option is to put Claire and Jill in RE5. Playable.

Arguably, Jill would be the main character in RE6, what with the "single-man/woman" driven narrative that started with 3. I kind of miss the old duality, especially in 2 where you could actually play through both with actual changes....ah well.

As for Sherry's powers...that would certainly be more interesting than controlling Ashley in her little "find the statue" bit in 4.

MiamiWesker said:
Epic battle! :D

I am sure steroid Chris will be the one to fight him.
He's been juicing for years in preparation for a fight with Wesker. His balls are probably the size of cranberries by now.

Batongen

Banned
Crazy photos! This is the game I bought my xbox 360 for, and hopefully it will come out this winter (end of 08, early 09).

Mato

RE5 is mysteriously low on hype and GAF interest compared to say, MGS4. MGS fanboys were drooling over even the smallest bits of information. However here is RE5, likely candidate for best game of this generation, passing by almost unoticed.

Come to think of it, maybe it's not all that inexplicable. MGS4 had amazing trailers, artwork and stylized promo pics coming out all along the way, which were very, very polished with superb artistry. RE5 in comparison, comes across a cheaper production, probably due to bad presentation. I mean there's absolutely nothing, not a single promo pic or render to drool over, and the game's style seems very obscure compared to the final RE4 version, whose ultimate charms can be summed in a single, village artwork or gameplay pic.

If you read this Capcom, please step it up. Create some atmoshpere for us, don't just show us a bunch of crappy, generic sunlited environments. At this point the game looks like Dead Rising 2. Unless this version is as preliminary as that unreleased RE4 beta, then it's definetely not good enough, art wise.

love, biggest RE4 fan ever, ever

Mato said:
RE5 is mysteriously low on hype and GAF interest compared to say, MGS4. MGS fanboys were drooling over even the smallest bits of information. However here is RE5, likely candidate for best game of this generation, passing by almost unoticed.
What the heck are you talking about? People are very excited about RE5, it's the lack of information that right now they're not talking about it. We haven't heard of it since E3 '07. You know, right now are the days when GTAIV and MGS4 are released... Same goes with FFXIII.

Re5 is by far Capcom's biggest software release this generation. I have no doubt Capcom is just about ready to kick off the PR campaign. I'm thinking E3 is going to be the big blowout where we'll get to see a lot more of what Capcom has planned for the game.

It looks really good. I don't think we will be seeing this until mid or late 2009 from what I've heard, maybe even longer. I would LOVE to see Jill back as she was arguably my favorite character out of the RE series, but that new female really does not look anything like her unless she received a tan and slightly modified her face.

Top Bottom