• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Resident Evil 5 info from this week's Famitsu

Mato

I just googled.

Yes, yes very good job Capcom, I retract my criticism.

The pallete is fierce, the shading seems less glossy and the environments now look far more interesting than before. I am one happy fan.

brandonh83 said:
RE5 isn't low on hype, we just don't have a lot to go on about at the moment. But these new shots are awesome.
Pretty much. Once Capcom unleashes the full RE5 hype machine, the drooling will commence. Damn Capcom is setting the bar as far as graphics go. Some of those shots look damn close to CG, especially the incredible lighting.

trejo

What year is RE5 supposed to take place in? I'd think Sherry would be a little more grown up now, if that's indeed her. New sidekick looks hot, but it's definitely not Jill.

EBCubs03 said:
That's weird, because no version was challenging in any way

Right, this one time I fell asleep whilst playing and when I woke up I had the handcannon unblocked. Also, my penis is so big.

yurinka

BTW, sorry if old, but the Spanish magazine Playmania also has new Resident Evil 5 screenshots (not the same than Famitsu). Scans aren't allowed here, but you know I have a blog where...

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
yurinka said:
BTW, sorry if old, but the Spanish magazine Playmania also has new Resident Evil 5 screenshots (not the same than Famitsu).

Edit: my bad, caught the wrong link.

The-Switcher said:
I can't wait to kill some black people!!!!

tank14.jpg

j/k

Oh shit I almost forgot there was controversy with this RE. I wonder when this will get brought back up in the media. Maybe it will top GTAIV coverage.

Rpgmonkey

Wow, they weren't kidding when they were talking about how advanced they wanted the lighting to be. Looks amazing.

This is gonna be so awesome!

Barakov

Looks great as usual. I wonder if the girl next to Chris in the scans has any relation to Sherry Birken.

cvxfreak said:
- A picture of a chainsaw and the right leg of its wielder is shown.

Oh boy. Here we go again.

Nizz

I like the look of that new character, she looks redbone...Mmm, mmm. :D God, when is this game coming out? I've been hearing about this game since 05'. I think it was shown (trailer) at X05. God damn, Capcom! Get this game out...

Teknoman

Steiner_Zi said:
What the heck are you talking about? People are very excited about RE5, it's the lack of information that right now they're not talking about it. We haven't heard of it since E3 '07. You know, right now are the days when GTAIV and MGS4 are released... Same goes with FFXIII.

Exactly. Once more news comes out on either, you will see topics and avatars EVERYWHERE.

Choke on the Magic said:
Oh shit I almost forgot there was controversy with this RE. I wonder when this will get brought back up in the media. Maybe it will top GTAIV coverage.

Too late. Mixed race chick as sidekick = no trouble.

At least hopefully not.

Johnas

Most wanted console game after MGS4.

Is there a realistic chance this could make it out this year? It looks pretty far along, and we've still got more than half the year left. I really want to believe.

Mato said:
RE5 is mysteriously low on hype and GAF interest compared to say, MGS4. MGS fanboys were drooling over even the smallest bits of information. However here is RE5, likely candidate for best game of this generation, passing by almost unoticed.

Come to think of it, maybe it's not all that inexplicable. MGS4 had amazing trailers, artwork and stylized promo pics coming out all along the way, which were very, very polished with superb artistry. RE5 in comparison, comes across a cheaper production, probably due to bad presentation. I mean there's absolutely nothing, not a single promo pic or render to drool over, and the game's style seems very obscure compared to the final RE4 version, whose ultimate charms can be summed in a single, village artwork or gameplay pic.

If you read this Capcom, please step it up. Create some atmoshpere for us, don't just show us a bunch of crappy, generic sunlited environments. At this point the game looks like Dead Rising 2. Unless this version is as preliminary as that unreleased RE4 beta, then it's definetely not good enough, art wise.

love, biggest RE4 fan ever, ever

wha ....??

Ahhhh..

Anyway, not much interesting has been shown yet, and what has looks graphically great, but not much content...no monsters nothing....

Look at FFXIII, thats a bigger game in many ways than RE 5, there is very little hype right now, because nothing has been shown...

hype for both will ramp up after E3 I reckon

KTallguy

Banned
Game looks fucking amazing.
I'm guessing that the zombies will get more inhuman looking earlier on, to shake the whole controversy. I also saw some slightly light skinned renditions.

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
Playing through the PS2 version of 4, got the GC one as well but meh, anyways can you aim and walk at the same time in this or what? thats was a huge fuckup in 4 for me and also not being able to change weapons quickly.... that was also fucked.

dmshaposv

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy said:
Playing through the PS2 version of 4, got the GC one as well but meh, anyways can you aim and walk at the same time in this or what? thats was a huge fuckup in 4 for me and also not being able to change weapons quickly.... that was also fucked.

As much as I dislike the tank control aspect of RE4, I thought it actually added tension to the proceedings. Not being able to move while shooting made you more careful on how best to take out a large pack of Ganados before they reached too close.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
It's difficult to say what is concept art or not.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Too brow.... er sienna.

Fuck.. more colors please, you can desaturate all you want capcom, but please put some more diversity in your palette.

suzu said:
Chris's arms are still beefy as ever.
Given how many HAWT CHIX feature in games, it's about time they included some beefcake for the ladies and the gay men. Chris is built like an Epic character but without the plug-ugly face (and with a tight shirt rather than bulky armor).

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
cvxfreak said:
-A few pieces of artwork are shown, such Chris fighting villagers near a crashed helicopter, that same helicopter flying amidst a smoke-filled sky, and Chris witnessing the helicopter being shot down. There's also some kind of garden in the cavern with a giant hole above it, allowing the sunlight in.
Black Hawk Down imagery?

suzu

Liabe Brave said:
Given how many HAWT CHIX feature in games, it's about time they included some beefcake for the ladies and the gay men. Chris is built like an Epic character but without the plug-ugly face (and with a tight shirt rather than bulky armor).

I'm all for hot guys, however his arms are still freaking HUGE. :lol It's just a nitpick though.

Nizz

Blueblur1 said:
I just saw the non-cropped versions of the scans. The game is looking good and I hope it'll be ready for this year.
I also really hope it's out this year, but traditionally RE titles have released early in the year. I remember RE 2 came out early 98 (Jan. or Feb.) RE 4 was released in Jan. So I have a feeling Capcom will follow tradition and release this early 09'. If true, that's already a hot Q1 09' for me with RE5 and Killzone 2 :D

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
FoxHimself said:
Why would you play the PS2 version over the GCN version (if not for the extras, of course)?

Im a mega fanboy and cant bring myself to touch other consoles.........

Not really, my Gamecubes at home in a box somewhere, i have my PS2 with me at work and was able to get God Hand and RE4 for 10 bucks AUS each which is a bargain (EB has Godhand second hand for 40 something bucks)....... but yeah, i just got it for the sake of it wasnt even gonna play it. But i beat MGS3 to many times and wanted to do something different till i bring some more games to work with me.

I work away from home during week, i play at lunch and at night, i do work work, not just play games ;)

Top Bottom