• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Resident Evil CG movie announced (2017 release)

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
http://www.marza.com/news/article/35

Capcom is making a new Resident Evil CG movie for worldwide release in 2017

Executive producer is Takashi Shimizu (Ju-On creator)
Director - Takanori Tsujimoto
Music - Kenji Kawai
Writer - Fukami Makoto

CG animation studio · MARZA will provide the animation CG works.

Leon, Chris, Rebecca will appear.

unfortunately nothing much yet
12109123_880556228659629_721890935525115175_n.jpg

https://twitter.com/SEGA_OFFICIAL?ref_src=twsrc^tfw
CRVPWyrU8AA4_96.jpg

Dennis

Banned
Unless this is super high budget I think I would rather an anime movie.

Come to think of it, Resident Evil could be a great anime series.

The first two CG movies were pretty enjoyable imo simply because they stick to the cannon and sorta... filled in the Umbrella - Tri Cell gap. Hopefully its not Leon again though. I know people love him but damn this series has like 20 characters move on. It's been a minute since we saw Jill in action, or Rebecca.

Takao

Banned
Interesting that they ditched the company behind Degeneration and Damnation. Marza is Sega's CG animation studio.

Enough of Leon ffs.

Would have liked to have seen JIll, since her story really hasn't advanced since 2009. We already have movies with Leon twice and Claire once, even Ada once. Good that they adding Chris and Rebecca but come on, Leon again when no Jill yet?

Hopefully this ties into RE7 or something like the last movie was for RE6. I really liked the last movie so hopefully this one is just as good or better.

Unless this is super high budget I think I would rather an anime movie.

Come to think of it, Resident Evil could be a great anime series.

I mean, they -are- already technically anime movies.

A proper anime series I would totally be all over though, even if the modern REs aren't to my tastes anymore.

Well, I though Degeneration was horribly boring, but Damnation was actually pretty entertaining. I'm down for another one of these.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
Hopefully shes one of the main characters on RE7. She's been gone for so long in the mainline series its about time for a comeback.

At this point, I'd rather she be the ONLY main character coming back in RE7.

Top Bottom