• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Resident Evil Revelations 2 Gameplay

8 minutes from Barry's campaign plus Claire in Raid Mode:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5ogB_tHYRM

Also, all of the Raid Mode gestures:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pj4yQN0X6Nw

Claire attempting The Robot
Screen_Shot_2015_01_26_at_11_47_51_PM.png

Some of the worst animations in a RE game.

Don't think I'm going to bite on this for a while, if at all. Given that I've played Gaiden, that's saying something.

I'll give it that it does look like a better game than Gaiden :p

Edit: Raid looks neat.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Why does this look so bad? I thought they said when they announced it that graphics were their focus!

DevilFox

This game looked bad from the very beginning and it's not getting better. If it was a game for handheld it would be ok, but it's also for ps3, 4, 360 and One lol And PC!
I don't get it, really. And omg those button icons, why not make them a little bigger? -_-

S1kkZ

"Hey, wanna play some Resident Evil co-op with me?

"Sure, sounds good!"

"Ok, you will play as the 8 year old girl in the white dress or the annoying teenager with a flashlight."

"..."

still look forward to it, but the framerate in the gamersyde preview videos is fucking terrible.

glaurung

Opened that game play video, scrubbed to the middle of the video.

For the first minute I was sure that I was looking at TLoU. WTF Cacpom?

TheMoon

Opened that game play video, scrubbed to the middle of the video.

For the first minute I was sure that I was looking at TLoU. WTF Cacpom?

Glad I'm not the only one.

This whole thing looks incredibly disappointing. Following a template of what's popular in other games is just the dumbest thing you can do. Really poor execution here.

With them releasing REmake HD before this, are they trying to make Revelations 2 look extra bad?

edbrat

I was gonna complain but then I thought "what the hell i'm playing this even if they released it as an 8 bit rhythm action game".

Manu

They're not even trying to hide the TLOU influence in Barry's campaign.

It still looks good, but damn.

LUXURY

I can't believe this is the first Resident Evil game I am thinking about skipping. It just looks laughably amature and uninspired. I still cannot get over that model of Claire. What a disaster.

the on-screen prompts and UI look terrible. 90s style red and shit. i appreciate the idea to go episodic. i don't really even care that it doesn't look that great graphically considering the price-point. but the game just does not look very good at all.

they should do REmake style episodes or something

roytheone

Wait, so if you play this game in co-op, one player can't do nothing but point at stuff for the other player to shoot? You will have 0 ways to defend yourself? Because that could be really terrible to play.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
The pre-rendered cutscenes at the beginning are what i'd expect a next gen resident evil game to look like in realtime.

MT framework Prerendered
Qx1oX4a.png

iqp2xle.png

Next gen only game realtime.
ngfymd.png

Game is also cross gen. Hope the next mainline installment isn't cross gen, and the last of us influences are pretty obvious. Wonder how this game might have been with the classic camera angles instead of the 3rd person one, might have been a good way to test the waters for that. Might pass on this one depending on the reviews.

Yeah, I think I'm going to skip this. I understand that it's low budget but still. The gameplay doesn't look all that good and those graphics...ugh. The UI looks bad as well. Why couldn't they have gone with PC/XB1/PS4 only? I almost wish Capcom would have licensed UE4 and made the game in that engine. MT Framework needs to go away. The renderer is just not good anymore.

Panzon

Doesn't look like a Reaident Evil game but then again that has been the case for a while now. Will give it a shot though some day

Top Bottom