• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Resident Evil: Revelations 2 Info (Claire, Barry's Daughter, 1080p/60FPS, co-op)

BY2K

Membero Americo
The link has magazine scans, so I'm not sure if it's okay to post the link, but Push-Start is getting this info from Gamesmaster Magazine.

Earlier this morning my issue of the November Gamesmaster Magazine turned up in the post and with it were some exciting details for the recently announced Resident Evil: Revelations 2, set for release early 2015 for the PC, PS3, PS4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One.

Many of the details revealed include the return of Claire Redfield, the daughter of Barry Burton, plot and enemy details and much more. This information was revealed when Gamesmaster sat down with Resident Evil: Revelations 2 producer Michiteru Okabe.

I will list some of those exciting details below, but if you want to read the article in full, then you can pick up the November issue of Gamesmaster Magazine. I have also taken some images direct from the magazine, for which you can find below.

Claire Redfield will return as the playable lead and it is said that “In the time since we last saw her (Claire), she’s grown to be a seasoned veteran.”

Claire will be joined throughout the campaign with Moira Burton, daughter of the legendary Barry Burton.

The campaign will be playable in co-op or singleplayer.

When playing as Claire, her style will be more combat focused. Whereas Moira will be supplying Claire with health herbs, provided the flashlight and general support.

Claire will be the only player death that will result in a Game Over, one of Moira’s key roles will be to help keep Claire alive (though Claire can obviously heal herself).

The story will take place on an abandoned island detention facility.

The campaign will begin with Claire and Moira awakening after being abducted.

The events will take place between the events of Resident Evil 5 and Resident Evil 6.

Gameplay will be much more Survival Horror orientated (much like the first Resident Evil: Revelations), bringing the series back to its roots with less over the top action, unlike Resident Evil 5 and 6.

Fan feedback has played a part in the development of Resident Evil: Revelations 2.
Producer Okabe said that “The project has been finding the line between listening to fan feedback and also doing something different to confound expectations.”

Okabe also said that “I want this to be both a game that doesn’t lose what made its predecessor great, while also bringing something new and exciting to the Resident Evil series.” He also added that “Achieving that lofty goal by bringing together past and future will make this an itchy-tasty prospect indeed.”

Resident Evil: Revelations 2 will feature a new “Afflicted” enemy type, which “may look like zombies, but are in fact something quite different.”

The Afflicted enemy will be both fast and able to deal heavy damage to the player. It is also said that they will force the player to decide whether to take them head-on, sneak up using stealth and applying a take-down or the player can run for the hills and “preserve ammo”.

Resident Evil: Revelations 2 will run at 1080p and 60fps (for the PC and new gen versions at least).

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
Barry Burtons' Daughter? That's an interesting take.

Ein Bear

Awww yiss, motherfucker Claire Redfield!! Hope Barry makes an appearance too if his daughter is involved.

Everything sounds good, except coop. In fact, this sounds a little too much like RE5 :/ Don't drop the ball because of this now...

Stuart444

Awww yiss, motherfucker Claire Redfield!! Hope Barry makes an appearance too if his daughter is involved.

If he is alive, He wasn't exactly young in the original.

Also I didn't play RE:R (I did play the demo though) but I want this now. Claire FTW

Courage

More like RE5 and less like RE6 and I'll be happy. RE5 co-op was great.

Also bring back weapon customization.

Buzzman

Banned
Claire will be joined throughout the campaign with Moira Burton, daughter of the legendary Barry Burton.

yG0o1ul.jpg

Carbonox

Claire abducted again? :lol

I do like the sound of all this though. Stealth takedowns suggest Resident Evil could be moving in to The Last of Us/The Evil Within 'Survival Horror/Stealth' hybrid territory which I'm perfectly fine with too. Moira's role seems reminiscent of Ellie's also from TLoU. I've always said The Last of Us has some great mechanics and features that could lend itself well to Resident Evil and given the co-op focus in Resident Evil, I'd prefer this sort of thing than two shootbang characters going at it at once (though the details suggest that's still an option).

Looking forward to gameplay footage/direct screenshots.

Akai

Capcom already ruined Leon, so I'm not really looking forward to seeing how they ruin Claire... =\

denshuu

Eh. It's Resident Evil, so there's a zero percent chance that it's going to actually be scary. I just hope they let Claire keep her left-right hook combination from Mercenaries 3D. The charge melee system from Revelations got stale immediately.

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
I am impressed with the look of Claire. Very spot on with her evolution. I am getting a Last of Us influence vibe from the details and look on this. Wouldn't be surprised if that's the case (and in my opinion a good idea)

Riposte

legendary Barry Burton

lol, sure

Gameplay will be much more Survival Horror orientated (much like the first Resident Evil: Revelations), bringing the series back to its roots with less over the top action, unlike Resident Evil 5 and 6.

The delusion continues. RE:R was basically a watered down RE5. Maybe this will mean something this time though.

So glad to see Claire finally confirmed. Barry's daughter is a surprise. I would've been OK with Sherry, I liked her in RE6 and it would be nice to see her reunited with Claire. Co-op is hardly surprising though I was hoping they'd stick to single player in the Revelations series. I had fun with Co-op in the previous games but since they are doing 2 RE series in parallel now it would be nice if one of them didn't force co-op on us. I was hoping they'd use this sub-series to distance themselves from what mainline RE has become, hopefully it will deliver.

Carbonox

Hahaha I mention Ellie in my last comment and then see the mag's screenshots and she's the first thought that comes to mind when I see Moira.

Game looks pretty nice.

Hype increasing.

Claire looks weird though.

dmr87

And done.

Maybe there's hope for 7.

Lime

Visual aesthetics looks bloody and dirty - I like that. I hope the writing won't be as bad as the first one (ugh).

Ugh another 'fan favorite has a child' character. Don't know how I feel about this. I was hoping they'd ditch the co-op if they were taking a return to their roots seriously.

Super bummed out that it's co-op. Everything will have to be designed around it, making it an lesser experience alone. Just like RE5.

Alienous

Survival Horror + Coop....

Capcom will never learn. Horror only really works when experianced alone.

The CO-OP appears to be asymmetrical, though. One player doesn't have the combat prowess to be alone, and the other will be in a more desperate situation without the support of the other player.

It might not be horror, but it's possible it can maintain a level of tension and worry.

Jackpot

Banned
Not sure how I feel about Claire coming back. She's one of my favourites but past games showed that after CVX she dropped out of the spec ops raid type of defense and went with political campaigning as well as looking after Sherry. I was happy one character had avoided getting sucked back in.

Hagi

Yeah I'm not going to believe the bullshit "back to it's roots talk" after the last two fiasco's but it is nice to finally see Claire back in the lead even if it isn't a mainline title.

Ithil

Someone named Claire Redfield but who apparently isn't Claire Redfield teams up with Barry's daughter who appears to be a spliced clone of Rebecca Chambers and Ellie from TLOU.

Seik

Banned
Sounds good to me, I needed a Claire fix after all those years. :D

The “Afflicted” enemies sounds like ''Clickers'' to me.

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
Ugh another 'fan favorite has a child' character. Don't know how I feel about this. I was hoping they'd ditch the co-op if they were taking a return to their roots seriously.

Barry's kids have existed since the first game in the series though not randomly made up for no reason like Jake.

Riposte

Not sure how I feel about Claire coming back. She's one of my favourites but past games showed that after CVX she dropped out of the spec ops raid type of defense and went with political campaigning as well as looking after Sherry. I was happy one character had avoided getting sucked back in.

Yeah, I liked the idea of her just being a normal person. Maybe settling down and having a family.

Playing as Moira sounds pretty boring. It's like "Hey guys, who wanted to play as Ashley is Resident Evil 4?"

I have to admit that I'm really digging the vibe I'm getting from these screens. This might actually turn out to be good.
What ruined the first game were those horrible levels that didn't envolve Jill, if we're playing as Claire/Moira from start to finish and those screens are a good representation of the game's atmosphere, this one will be much more consistent and a better RE experience by far.

Will it force AI co-op in singleplayer or a complete isolation?

Please let it be complete isolation I don't want AI partner come on Capcom PLEASE -_-"

I think we should assume it's like RE5&6.

Top Bottom