• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Resident Evil Revelations Info From AndriaSang [Update: New Screenshots In OP]

Sectus

Instro said:
I hope there are some good nautical puns in this game, how great would that be.
"Oh Jill, all our nautical adventures were for naught! Hah! Get it?"

I dunno what to expect from RE: Revelations, but the writing in RE: Mercs should be excellent at least. RE5 Mercs has amazing lines. "It was in your best interest to assist me!"

trejo said:
Geez, the 3DS isn't even out yet and we've already got people port-begging it's games. :\

Having said that, I don't expect these games will remain exclusive. This is Capcom, after all.
If you're gonna say something like "Nintendo needs some exclusives too! sad face :'(" I'm gonna bite your butt. The more multiplatform games the merrier. Especially when it comes something like RE where they try to port over the same type of gameplay but then sacrifice part of the experience (less enemies on screen, less comfortable controls, and a lot of the atmosphere lost as you're looking at a tiny tiny screen).

wrowa

Sectus said:
If you're gonna say something like "Nintendo needs some exclusives too! sad face :'(" I'm gonna bite your butt. The more multiplatform games the merrier. Especially when it comes something like RE where they try to port over the same type of gameplay but then sacrifice part of the experience (less enemies on screen, less comfortable controls, and a lot of the atmosphere lost as you're looking at a tiny tiny screen).
We are speaking of a game that is developed from the grounds up for the 3DS and with the hardware in mind. So, if you are planning to complain that a game no one has even played yet is a downgraded experience, I'm gonna bit your but- Oh wait...

trejo

Sectus said:
Was that supposed to come off as naughty? Cuz it sorta does. ;)

If the game turns out to be good I'm all for more people getting to play it somehow. It just struck me as too early is all.

Sectus

wrowa said:
We are speaking of a game that is developed from the grounds up for the 3DS and with the hardware in mind. So, if you are planning to complain that a game no one has even played yet is a downgraded experience, I'm gonna bit your but- Oh wait...
The game is built using a variation of the MT Framework engine, something they've got running on the 360, PS3 and PC (and another variation on Wii). And in the case of RE: Mercs, it's obviously built right on top of RE5 (actually, I'm gonna bet they re-used most of the code from RE5 for RE: Revelations too). So if they wanna port it to another platform, they've already set up most of the groundwork for it. And considering it uses traditional dualstick controls as the primary control method, that makes the job even easier.

And yes, I will call RE: Mercs a downgraded experience as it's obviously based directly on the mode from RE5, and from the videos and screens so far, the enemy count is maybe half of what you see in RE5. So go ahead, bite my butt!

trejo said:
Was that supposed to come off as naughty? Cuz it sorta does. ;)

If the game turns out to be good I'm all for more people getting to play it somehow. It just struck me as too early is all.
If you think having a sockpuppet biting your butt is naughty, then sure.

RE: Mercs is basically my dream RE game (nerd warning: I actually posted on Capcom forums last year that I wanted an RE game which was nothing but mercenaries), so it's definitely something I want my hands on. Preferably in pretty 1080p on my computer.

JimboJones said:
Does your sound system have those red and white phono connecters in the back for analog sound? If so you could always use one of these

osr9dl.jpg

OMFG I have to try this! :lol

Edit: Wait, the red and white connect to the TV and the jack connects to the Stereo, err. :/ Perplexing.

Foxix Von

rance said:
Haha

Playing a handheld game while using a a large sound system sounds silly, but I might actually try that.

If anything else, I can fall back on headphones like plagiarize suggested, I suppose.

It's not, I played through the first 2 ace attorney games like this, and a good ton of other games. Before I moved I made room on my desk with a pile of binders to elevate and get the angle right for playing my DS. Super dorky but whatever.

It's fantastic :D

Hero of Legend said:
OMFG I have to try this!

Edit: Wait, the red and white connect to the TV and the jack connects to the Stereo, err. :/ Perplexing.

The jack connects to audio out on the portable and converts it to the RCA prongs. Red goes to right audio input and white to left on your receiver. Just make sure to slide the audio slider all the way up as the audio output is kinda weak.

VegaShinra

That looks great. Some look like CG or bullshots but the rest are def in-game cuz you can see the weak textures and detail.

GDGF

Soothsayer
king zell said:
Resident Evil: The Revelations

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v732/R9_SA/RE_Revelations_004_bmp_jpgcopy-300x180.jpg[IMG] [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v732/R9_SA/RE_Revelations_003_bmp_jpgcopy-300x180.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v732/R9_SA/RE_Revelations_002_bmp_jpgcopy-300x180-1.jpg[IMG] [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v732/R9_SA/RE_Revelations_001_bmp_jpgcopy-300x180.jpg[IMG]

[B]Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D[/B]

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v732/R9_SA/RE_Mercs_004_bmp_jpgcopy-300x180.jpg[IMG] [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v732/R9_SA/RE_Mercs_003_bmp_jpgcopy-300x180.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v732/R9_SA/RE_Mercs_002_bmp_jpgcopy-300x180.jpg[IMG] [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v732/R9_SA/RE_Mercs_001_bmp_jpgcopy-300x180.jpg[IMG]

[url]http://www.capcom-unity.com/snow_infernus/blog/2010/12/08/news_on_re_mercenaries_3d_edition_and_re_revelations[/url][/QUOTE]

I think the links are broken, but they're ok on the site. Game just keeps looking better and better. Both of them!

(edit ah you fixed it :)

Other than the vomit filter, it does look great... but do the women look a little... off to anyone?

Jill looks really weird and I haven't even gotten very far in RE5.

f691c0ee14630701e069cchziy.jpg

Claire's face also looks kind of like a zombie. The model is probably from Darkside Chronicles.

7156d56b1ca68f6875b6c2ga10.jpg

wwm0nkey

Judging from the pants (wont be noticeable in motion or on the screen res) I would say they are 100% in-game

RE_Revelations_001_bmp_jpgcopy.jpg

You know I didnt see too much of this at E3 besides the in-game trailer and that already looked AMAZING...if I see this...I may crap myself.

Akai

Cow Mengde said:
Claire's face also looks kind of like a zombie. The model is probably from Darkside Chronicles.

Nowhere near. They SHOULD have taken the Darkside Chronicles model...

2132382219_view.jpg

7KUZr.gif

Revelations could be another RE5-level disappointment, I don't care. Portable RE4+ RE5 Mercenaries with extra content and online co-op is sick.

D: :O :lol ain't gonna look that good..........but dat Claire <3

if it can kinda look close to these shots then 3DS forever. hype train starting up again

Dec. 26 here i can :D :D hopefully i'm first to pre-order

gogogow

Cow Mengde said:

What?! Design, yes. Actual model? Hell no. Darkside Chronicles has great looking models.

FRTTa.jpg

EmCeeGramr said:
7KUZr.gif

Revelations could be another RE5-level disappointment, I don't care. Portable RE4+ RE5 Mercenaries with extra content and online co-op is sick.

portable Re4? Am I missing something here?

fake edit: oh you meant portable R4 mercs

gogogow said:
What?! Design, yes. Actual model? Hell no. Darkside Chronicles has great looking models.

FRTTa.jpg

Hmm, you're right. At least not the face. The body... hard to tell. The one from DSC isn't full body, but I'm sure the 3DS also had to cut some polygons out to accommodate for it's lower polygon count.

Revelations looks really hot, I'm pleased with the timeline too.

Man, if Capcom was insistent on having Jill in a bodysuit in MvC3, I wished they would have went with her Revelations design. Her hair color suits her better, and she could actually...

*RE5 Spoilers*

...speak. (Though I'm pretty sure they won't make her mute in MvC3, despite her still having the device attached.)

Top Bottom