• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NEW RULES FOR Johnny Nighttrain EXCLUSIVE INSIDE THREAD

White Man

Maybe he was posting them a little too frequently, but I don't see anything horribly wrong about them. he was talking about some lesser known stuff, as well.

AniHawk said:
Did you have to lock almost all his other threads too?

I mean, MAF's gotten away with more.
I only locked the ones that didn't have any replies.

Johnny Nighttrain said:
what's the big deal though? it's not like im spamming. im making threads that'll get some good game discussion going.
You are spamming. No matter how relevant your threads are, if you post 5 new threads in 10 minutes or whatever the timeframe was, you're spamming. If you've got all those topics handy, spread them out, make 1 or 2 a day.

RiZ III said:
Mike Works must have gotten some sand in his vagina again.
Yeah okay SSX.

White Man said:
Maybe he was posting them a little too frequently, but I don't see anything horribly wrong about them. he was talking about some lesser known stuff, as well.
The content was more than fine. The frequency of posting them, as you mentioned, was not.

There, we all clear now?

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Focus on one game a day, I don't think anyone would mind then. Or post another game you want to discuss once one dies.

Suikoguy said:
Focus on one game a day, I don't think anyone would mind then. Or post another game you want to discuss once one dies.
well, we're all here to discuss games after all. i don't see how making more than one thread a day (or 5) isn't good for the board. just promoting more discussion about more games. what's wrong with that?

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
More then one a day is cool with me, but wait until one has the discussion going.
Spread them out through the day if you can.
When you post 3 or 4 at once you start to flood the forum.

I can see why Mike has a problem with it, but locking the threads did nothing :(

Johnny Nighttrain said:
well, we're all here to discuss games after all. i don't see how making more than one thread a day (or 5) isn't good for the board. just promoting more discussion about more games. what's wrong with that?

There's a difference between "discussion" and "blabbering." When you toss that many threads up in that short a time, it's like you're interrupting the people you're purporting to be discussing with. The board's been around for years ... take a break and let people respond before you jump on to the next subject.

OR:

Putting all the threads together into a single "some underlooked classics" thread would work! Nobody has problems with the content. You just gotta relax a bit and not say everything you want to say in three minutes.

Top Bottom