• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Ryse: Son of Rome story trailer [new footage]

ibc8n4nEwKtlgk.gif

So.......

Let's see if that penetrates the bubble. Even the "just like at E3" part of his last post. People played this at E3 on real xbox ones with it looking quite amazing. People, as you showed, play it at their homes. People saw the game's SP behind closed doors at Gamescom running on real Xbox One hardware, and accurately described scenes from SP that none of us had scene until much later with the Combat Vidoc footage. There was a gameplay demonstration that gamespot uploaded on their site a little while back that also looked very impressive. There's no way at this point, with all the footage shown, that we somehow haven't seen the real game, which is what is being implied when he says the actual game is "much worse." And what he says is more interesting because this footage is 100% SP footage, so any claims about it looking much worse would seem to be an implication that he has actually played enough of the SP to make such a claim.

And the GTA 5 example isn't a good one, since I think it looks every bit as Rockstar were showing, if not even better. GTA 5 doesn't have super sharp textures? Go look at some of the incredible road and terrain textures in that game and tell me again it doesn't have super sharp textures. It also has pretty smooth framerate, and the game isn't at all offensive in the jaggies department. In fact, it's quite good in that regard. GTA 5 is an amazing looking game. I don't recall any of the footage rockstar releasing being nearly as convincing with regards to the quality of the water, and just how convincing it was in game once I got my hands on it. The water in GTA V doesn't even look like it belongs on current gen systems many times, and sometimes even the explosions end up surprising you. Anyway, off topic.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
There's no "thinking of it" as anything. If you claim inside knowledge of something,you have until, let's say, 9am EST tomorrow (Friday)to provide proof of what you've said. Otherwise you will be gone.

He is pretty clear here:
Played Ryse earlier tonight and I have the following to mention about it.

Graphics ain't too bad but is kinda blurry. Especially on the detail at a distance.
Framerate drops to mid 20s in heavy action
Input latancy. Genuinely affects gameplay
Button mashing ahoy.
Gets old very quickly.

This is my honest opinion on it. It really isn't all that much fun a few a few rounds. No idea what SP is like though.
From the sounds of it he played the multiplayer demo ('a few rounds', 'no idea what SP is like') which is from Gamescom. And I believe is what they're showing on these tour things.

Completely different to this video.

TriGen

He is pretty clear here:
From the sounds of it he played the multiplayer demo ('a few rounds', 'no idea what SP is like') which is from Gamescom. And I believe is what they're showing on these tour things.

Completely different to this video.

Yeah. The MP has been seen and no one seems to be very impressed by it. It has no connection to new SP footage. So clearly he doesn't have any big source.

Vire

Considering MP wasn't developed by Crytek I wouldn't expect the same quality of visuals.

Is that an excuse? No, MP probably should look better.

abadguy

Banned
Looking at the SP footage of this being a launch title, makes me even more excited to see more of games like Quantum Break and eventually Halo 5. Games that didn't have to make the X1 launch and get more time/polish. I hope Ryse does well enough for a sequel a few years down the line to see how much Cryteck improves on this.

FourMyle

FPS dropping into the 20s? and 900p to boot? lol

Also there is a noticeable difference in quality between cutscene and gameplay models. It was jarring when the footage switched from cutscene to gameplay. I really can't wait for DF to get their hands on the XBO.

After looking at Forza 5 in nonbullshot zone I am starting to think the XBO is even weaker than everyone thought.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)

Also there is a noticeable difference in quality between cutscene and gameplay models. It was jarring when the footage switched from cutscene to gameplay. I really can't wait for DF to get their hands on the XBO.

After looking at Forza 5 in nonbullshot zone I am starting to think the XBO is even weaker than everyone thought.

oh boy

daman824

What did you play? The outsourced multiplayer?

And you do know that MS sent out an old build of the game to the tour right?

Hawk269

Wow. What a post! -1 to you!

Come on man, for launch games, they look pretty darn good.

Ya, there was no need to proceed after this. :)

including Guerrilla Games devs if i remember correctly since the Cryteck guys showed it to them running on a dev kit.

Oh really, had no idea they showed it to Guerilla guys.

I'm not going to nitpick on the graphics of all these next gen titles/consoles. Ryse is coming off as a fun game and it looks really good. It will probably be the game that I pick up with my Xbox One at launch.

Mr.Speedy

Banned

Yeah I'm going to go with Albert on this one...

https://mobile.twitter.com/albertpenello/status/390902810331447296

abadguy

Banned
Ya, there was no need to proceed after this. :)

Oh really, had no idea they showed it to Guerilla guys.

According to one of the Cryteck devs they didn't believe it was running on actual hardware until they opened it up and showed them. Along with everyone else that seen it running on hardware you actually have Sony devs who have been shown proof of it too. Funny to see some people still attempting to claim it was running on more powerful PC hardware.

shinnn

This cutscene-gameplay claim is so nonsense. You cant even make a decent comparison in this video with characters in gameplay vs cutscene since the camera is zoomed out in the gameplay sections.

The characters looks like the Cutscene. Everything you can see at the gameplay camera distance is there. Unless you can zoom the camera in the character nose during gameplay, saying its equal, better or worse is just bullshit.

But, have you seen the previous vidocs? They show very detailed characters in up-close. The game basic mechanics work in very close cameras, so they need to get the same model all the time.

Yeah, yeah I know i'm quoting another troll post. But enough of this bullshit.

According to one of the Cryteck devs they didn't believe it was running on actual hardware until they opened it up and showed them. Along with everyone else that seen it running on hardware you actually have Sony devs who have been shown proof of it too. Funny to see some people still attempting to claim it was running on more powerful PC hardware.

That's pretty awesome, didn't know that.

I mean, I probably should take it easy on some folks, because there was a period of time where even I thought there was PC funny business going on, but that's when I thought the game was supposedly 1080p. Once I heard it was 900p, it became much easier for me to swallow the game looking like this at launch. Not that I can't imagine something looking like this or better on the Xbox One, but I just found it difficult to buy that it was happening at launch.

This cutscene-gameplay claim is so nonsense. You cant even make a decent comparison in this video with characters in gameplay vs cutscene since the camera is zoomed out in the gameplay sections.

The characters looks like the Cutscene. Everything you can see at the gameplay camera distance is there. Unless you can zoom the camera in the character nose during gameplay, saying its equal, better or worse is just bullshit.

But, have you seen the previous vidocs? They show very detailed characters in up-close. The game basic mechanics work in very close cameras, so they need to get the same model all the time.

And they've gone to great lengths to point out that the cutscene models and gameplay models are 100% identical, and not just for the main character either.

ypo

Looks like missing quite bit of details and shadows plus screen tearings.compared to E3 version.

E3

YjpOAuy.jpg

Now

u9dmQAe.jpg

FourMyle

I'm not saying it is a fact that the models are different but I noticed a change in quality - as soon- as they showed gameplay. We can't know for sure right now but that is why I am looking forward to DF's insight into this game and Forza 5. I suspect there will be a lot of tears and broken dreams. The XBO simply doesnt seem like a very significant upgrade over the 360 atm.

I suspect there will be a lot of tears and broken dreams.

From who?

The XBO simply doesnt seem like a very significant upgrade over the 360 atm.

LOL.

Looks like missing quite bit of details and shadows plus screen tearings.compared to E3 version.

Lol, with a very compressed video, with a lot of artifacts... of course...

Just look the details in the water:

iNUwQsHlr6Oby.gif

It is a very compressed video.

ypo

Yea I'm sure the compressions is hiding all the missing objects and shadows.

Also looks like the shields don't cast shadows when raised up.

E3
3qEECqB.jpg

Now..

Sl5j56N.jpg

Proelite

E3

YjpOAuy.jpg

Now

u9dmQAe.jpg

I played the E3 demo on beta hardware so I doubt it's downgraded. It's probably art change. I.e sun light to overcast.

E3

YjpOAuy.jpg

Now

u9dmQAe.jpg

Please tell me this is a fucking troll post. Just look at the cloud of smoke in the background.
Edit: and LOL, those aren't even taken at the same time.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
XBO owners.

So you think Forza 5 looks much better than Horizon? Come the fuck on. I had to be told which was which in a screenshot comparison.

Er, really? Even beyond just looking at it, in motion Horizon is 720p/30fps...there is a sliiiiiiight difference here even though that game looked amazing for 360 hardware.

netBuff

Er, really? Even beyond just looking at it, in motion Horizon is 720p/30fps...there is a sliiiiiiight difference here even though that game looked amazing for 360 hardware.

The difference is much less noticeable than you might expect, especially if the very visible aliasing in Forza 5 remains. I expect many buyers to be disappointed in these games at launch time. Ryse certainly seemed like the prettiest Xbox One game, but even that one didn't wow all that much.

I don't know why but I have the sense that some people really think Xbox One is like a Wii U...

ypo

Please tell me this is a fucking troll post. Just look at the cloud of smoke in the background.
Edit: and LOL, those aren't even taken at the same time.

LOL pipe down. The smoke is there. Just a slight different angle. If anything the current version is missing quite bit of the fire effect

E3

ss5AVuF.jpg

LOL pipe down. The smoke is there. Just a slight different angle. If anything the current version is missing quite bit of the fire effect

E3

ss5AVuF.jpg

And in the new scene the characters are nearer than the E3 scene, not the same distance to judge. If characters in that picture (quoted) walk a little bit further, then you will not see the sand details, just like in the new version.

E3

ss5AVuF.jpg

ehh i know the smoke is there, i was saying it looked better in the newer version. And whats wrong? Why are you so desperately trying to find graphical faults for this game?

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
The difference is much less noticeable than you might expect, especially if the very visible aliasing in Forza 5 remains. I expect many buyers to be disappointed in these games at launch time. Ryse certainly seemed like the prettiest Xbox One game, but even that one didn't wow all that much.

I hope the aliasing is just an older build issue, but that's my main worry. Horizon in particular had crazy clean IQ which helped a lot.

AFAIK Ryse at all the tours was the MP mode which has always looked rough. But I've found it dumb that they've specifically had the hands on stuff be that mode considering that.

Top Bottom