• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Saints Row Trailer

nani17

are in a big trouble

A brand new Saints Row is coming. Its happening and we can't wait to tell you all about it!

First off, check out our epic Saints Row Announcement Trailer, shown for the first time at Gamescom Opening Night Live, featuring our brand new Saints – Neenah, Eli and Kevin – The Boss’s ride or dies:

We have our targets locked on a brand new city – Santo Ileso – a melting pot of big city business and darkened alley street crime, the perfect place to start a new criminal empire and the biggest and best playground we have ever created. Also, on a side note, the best Tacos in the American South West, (Chalupracarbra has a certain “kick” to it, if you know what I mean). The law in this city? Never heard of her. You don’t become self-made by following laws, right? Well, if you do – it sounds SUPER boring, so we’ll do it our way, thanks. The city offers a range of criminal ventures to further your interests (and make some sweet cash to boot – rent doesn’t pay itself).

You play as whoever you want in your journey from Newbie to Boss, kicking ass and fighting… well not crime obviously. We’ll talk more about our most extensive character creator ever in time, but it wouldn’t be a Saints Row game if you couldn’t roleplay in a range of roles from bank manager to green-skinned zombie alien monster, would it? Wherever you are in that spectrum, you do you, or.. not, we’re here for it. Plus, as is the custom, we have seamless untethered co-op so you and a friend can create those Saints Row moments together – friendship really is magic.

Check out the full feature list:

Witness the Birth of The Saints – Play through an action blockbuster original story full of criminality, extraordinary scenes and signature surprises laced with humor.

Discover the Weird, Wild, West – Dive in to Santo Ileso, the biggest and best Saints Row playground ever, spread across nine unique districts surrounded by the vast, majestic beauty of the Southwest Desert.

Build Your Criminal Empire – Take over the city block by block, wage war against enemy factions and tighten your grip on the streets with ingenious criminal ventures.

Fire Guns. LOTS of Guns – Shoot revolvers from the hip, fire and forget with a rocket launcher, or obliterate up close using melee heavyweights, complete with brutal takedowns. A vast variety of familiar and exotic weapons, all customizable, and all deadly fun.

Take to the Streets and the Skies – Blast through urban and desert environments in any one of the cars, bikes, planes, helicopters, VTOLs, hoverbikes, hoverboards, go-karts or equip your wingsuit to swoop around.
Unprecedented Customization – Create the Boss of your dreams, with the most extensive character customization suite ever seen in the series, then complete the look with incredible options for weapons and vehicles.

Seamless Co-Op – Experience everything on offer with a friend at any time, via fully untethered drop-in / drop-out co-op, skipping the need to take either of you out of the outlandish action; play nice together, or play all new pranks on your team mate. After all, who’s the Boss now?
We know you want more – so you better follow us on our community channels and sign up to the newsletter to become a real Saint and get all the latest!

Get your hands on Saints Row in February 25 2022.

It gets worse
thanks ToTTenTranz for this

Engadget

The developers say that Saints Row’s focus is, at least early in the game, going to focus on the material concerns of its young crew. These disaffected millennials turn to crime to, for instance, put food on their table, feel part of a community and pay off their student loans. Chief creative officer Jim Boone says that it’s, broadly, a “contemporary” millennial “power fantasy.”

Last edited:

Fox Mulder

clint eastwood kids GIF

Husky

THE Prey 2 fanatic
:lollipop_grinning_eyes: Saints Row!!
I want it I want it I want it!!

Disappointed if we're leaving behind the old story with The Boss, but idk, starting anew could be more interesting. If it's good, then it's good. Better have customization though.

Valt7786

I'm really hoping she's just doing the voice for the female Boss. I mean, i'll still play it, I've wanted a new Saints for ages but that is a rather woke/diverse cast. Which on is own is fine but....the design for the Boss in the trailer sucks. What is with that shitty hairstyle invading EVERYTHING. Even fucking He-man ffs!

junguler

Banned
i'm interested to know what kinds of retarded mini games they are going to come up with this time around, those are the best part of these games imo.

Zathalus

It seems character customisation is still in.

You play as whoever you want in your journey from Newbie to Boss, kicking ass and fighting… well not crime obviously. We’ll talk more about our most extensive character creator ever in time, but it wouldn’t be a Saints Row game if you couldn’t roleplay in a range of roles from bank manager to green-skinned zombie alien monster, would it?

The youtube description says you can create the boss of your dreams so hopefully that means the actress who said she plays The Boss was just one of a few options. I hope we aren't just stuck with her and get to alter her look, that wouldnt' make much sense though so hopefully creation is in after all.

Mossybrew

I actually enjoyed Agents of Mayhem. And this reboot makes sense, I mean they had gone so over the top with the series, there was really nowhere left to go. And I'm sure you can create your own Boss, it wouldn't be SR without that. I'm down, looks fun.

LMJ

I mean these Publishers do understand that the reason fortnite is popular is not just due to its aesthetic, it's due to its addictive gameplay Loop the fact that it has unlimited Marketability and that its easily streamable...right?

This game and destruction All-Stars look like they came from the same art class of "edgy protagonists" lol

God I hope GTA deviates away from this bs and gives us unique gangster protagonists again rather than angry college dropout checklists that seem to be soooooo popular lately

Top Bottom