• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New screens/artworks for Super Mario 3D World : Peach sure is hot

L~A

^

Nope, you can chose any character for any level. Which means you can do every level 4 times if you want...

Edit : new page, damn. I was answering the person asking if P1 would be stuck with Mario.

Only 2 years.

I'm pretty sure it's 3. I doubt the entirety of EAD Tokyo worked on Super Mario 3D Land (and even then, I'm sure some of the stuff overlapsed), so I'm sure this game is in developement since 2010 (unless they stated otherwise in an interview? I admit, I've had a hard time keeping up with all the interviews popping up lately)

The look on her face.

"Wow, I'm actually doing something other than being captured for once!"

Precisely :p

Sickbean

Hype-Train-TRAVIS-1.png

So close to ordering a WiiU for this game.

LoveCake

Is there any news on that new character that Nintendo were on about a few months back that they may introduce, i think it was sister for Mario, maybe princess Peach is actually Mario's sister just like Princess Leia is the sister of Luke Skywalker ?

I have this on order & it looks a million time better than NSMBU, i really liked Super Mario 3D Land on my 3DS, actually Paper Mario Sticker Star was great to, i know a lot of people didn't like it though.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Looks so damn nice. Imagine showing these screenshots to a Nintendo fan in the N64 days.

The animations in this game seem to be amazing too.

0Tjq6yQh.jpg

Mario's face while underwater.

It would be absolutely mind blowing, since these shots look better than the official unobtainable CG art that was around back then.

KHlover

Banned
I liked Super Princess Peach (especially since it was a new Mario series platformer after years of almost nothing but recycling SNES releases), but, let's be honest, that was a game where her primarily ability was "be moody".

Hey, PMS Peach was awesome! Should be her new new SSB moveset :p

Hedge

Seriously, how old are you? No, really seriously. Country with no good access to videogames maybe?

22 years old in one of the best developed countries in the world. And yet, not all families can afford consoles, games or computers for their children because life can be really unfair to them sometimes. ;)

Amory

I'm just about as anti-Wii U as possible, but god damn that game looks amazing.

It's more visually appealing than anything I've seen for PS4 or XBoxOne

Mecca

I liked Super Princess Peach (especially since it was a new Mario series platformer after years of almost nothing but recycling SNES releases), but, let's be honest, that was a game where her primarily ability was "be moody".

True. The concept was a little sexist, but I thought the gameplay overall was pretty fun if you could look past all that.

Albo

Wow..can't stop gazing at those screens. Looks incredible. Going to be so much fun just taking/uploading screens while playing the game.

I'm pretty sure it's 3. I doubt the entirety of EAD Tokyo worked on Super Mario 3D Land (and even then, I'm sure some of the stuff overlapsed), so I'm sure this game is in developement since 2010 (unless they stated otherwise in an interview? I admit, I've had a hard time keeping up with all the interviews popping up lately)

I recall at the time that EAD Tokyo was bragging about how few people Mario 3D Land took to make. I remember thinking they must have another project in the wings if they weren't dedicating that many people to saving the 3DS.

Wiz

This is something I really wish I didn't know about. It's not your fault, people were openly discussing it already, but damn. What a nice surprise that would have been.
I understand. But at the same time, all of this is controlled by Nintendo so I'm sure they're keeping the best stuff secret and showing us what they want us to see.

I understand. But at the same time, all of this is controlled by Nintendo so I'm sure they're keeping the best stuff secret and showing us what they want us to see.

Oh no don't get me wrong I'm not upset with you (or anyone else) at all. Just pointing out how cool it would have been to not know about it. :)

I love looking at this game. Reminds me of staring at screenshots of Mario 64 back in 95-96 in GameFan or something.

Exactly. Especially that underwater shot for some reason. Giving me dem vibesss

I watched almost every video of Donkey Kong Country Returns before it came out and thought I was totally spoiling myself on the game as there were many and they were so cool.

When I played the game, I realized I hadn't seen shit.

Meier

Solid joke by the OP. But honestly, it's cool to see her in something other than pink. They did a really nice job with the design of her fire outfit.

.la1n

After all these years Mario games still make me smile, art direction is really something. I won't say I wasn't expecting something different from this title but it doesn't change how much I really want to play it. Can't wait to see frog suit Mario again.

Top Bottom