• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New screenshots for Zelda Breath of the Wild on Switch [SPOILER WARNING]

Rodin

Have you seen what a game like Skyward Sword (hell even GameCube games like Metriod Prime) run through an emulator looks like? It looks incredible.

Which is why i was talking about its original resolution blown up in a 1080p picture or on a 1080p screen. What you're saying is changing the internal resolution to 1080p, which yes, looks amazing. Far from the point though, and we also have native 4K screens of Breath of the Wild.

You're not alone. I too think it looks fantastic.

It does as we've seen from tons of other sources, but most of these screens fail to show that.

C5aliicWcAI2van.jpg:large

Whaaaaaat

Tajaz2426

Psychology PhD from Wikipedia University
Can't wait for this game to get into my home in March. That said, the game doesn't look impressive and that is even in docked mode.

I do have a couple questions though.

1. Are the characters supposed to have no detail to them? Like Link' face has eyes, partially drawn nose, mouth etc. no details of the skin and things of that nature. Is it just the art style? It doesn't bother me, just something I noticed.

2. In a lot of screen shots, there seems to be like this whitish haze, like the contrast is set way to high or something. Is that supposed to be that way?

Thanks for any info.

nah, he prob just set up the slate on a surface and set a photo timer

this gaaaaaame lmao. unless thats a flashback memory. are the clothes a dead giveaway?

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
C5aliicWcAI2van.jpg:large

Whaaaaaat

Now I'm waiting for the memory flashback where we learn that Link and Zelda were busy taking selfies in Hyrule Field when Ganon strolled up to the abandoned castle and took it over.

Maybe the Sheika slate doubles as a floating camera lol.

But he has the Sheika slate on him so maybe a rune lol.

Edit: Yeah, seems like a rune based from this pic.

Switch-3.jpg

yessss! totally a camera Rune. Float it out around you and direct it. I bet we'll get some sweet reconnoissance type side quests to capture particular wildlife in rare situations, or NPCs sticking their nose in weird business

Alchemy

It looks great in motion but these still images make the game look pretty mediocre to me. Still looking forward to it
on the Wii U

The art direction looks good as usual with Nintendo first party titles.

The environmental detail looks sparse though and a noticeable downgrade from what we saw in the target renders.

The art direction looks good as usual with Nintendo first party titles.

The environmental detail looks sparse though and a noticeable downgrade from what we saw in the target renders.

im willing to bet loads of money thats its because they continued to layer systems upon systems to add meat and depth to the adventure and had to make more sacrifices than originally planned.

still love the look of it

skypunch

Banned
Monolithsoft made Majora's Mask? :p

K4UGsRz.png

They are also in games like FFX: http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net...ck_Road.png/revision/latest?cb=20140413024550

They look nothing like the type in the BotW pic. In the Majora's Mask pic it looks like rock and looks more like one big platform rather than plant-like, and the FFX stuff doesn't look the same, either. Saying that it looks like stuff you've seen in other games doesn't mean it isn't Monolith Soft's handprints in Zelda's world design. I look at the textures and the way it's modelled and it looks very Monolith Soft. I have a good eye for this stuff.

RagnarokX

They look nothing like the type in the BotW pic. In the Majora's Mask pic it looks like rock and looks more like one big platform rather than plant-like, and the FFX stuff doesn't look the same, either. Saying that it looks like stuff you've seen in other games doesn't mean it isn't Monolith Soft's handprints in Zelda's world design. I look at the textures and the way it's modelled and it looks very Monolith Soft. I have a good eye for this stuff.

They're mushroom-shaped rocks. The ones in BotW are each their own individual mushroom and circular like in Majora's Mask. Monolithsoft's rocks are shelves usually supported by multiple stems and jagged, more like FFX. I'm sure Monolithsoft's influence is part of why they're there (we've seen parts of the game that look even more like Xenoblade). My point was that that trope has been around before Monolithsoft fell in love with it.

skypunch

Banned
They're mushroom-shaped rocks. The ones in BotW are each their own individual mushroom and circular like in Majora's Mask. Monolithsoft's rocks are shelves usually supported by multiple stems and jagged, more like FFX. I'm sure Monolithsoft's influence is part of why they're there (we've seen parts of the game that look even more like Xenoblade). My point was that that trope has been around before Monolithsoft fell in love with it.

Yeah, I'm well aware the trope has been around way before Monolith Soft.

Top Bottom