• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Screenshots of Nippon Ichi's PlayStation 3 RPG/ZHP Successor

duckroll

Really depressing that no one on GAF cares about this game at all. It's not confirmed that the game is a spiritual successor to Zettai Hero Project. It's a turn based random dungeon crawler where your level resets to 1 each time you leave the dungeon, but you also have a "total level" which continues to boost your base stats.

The game also uses a partner system where the hero and one angel tags along in the dungeon. The characters can move independently to act as decoys, and each angel has special abilities. Characters can also carry and throw each other. The game is filled with customization just like ZHP, for both the hero and the angels.

BUT NO ONE CARES. The Disgaea team is doing a ZHP game on the PS3!!!!! BUT NO ONE CARES?!?! Meh. :/

http://www.famitsu.com/news/201210/04022223.html

bizGs.jpg

gL0j9.jpg

ZbUbg.jpg

Q0cYA.jpg

J45Gj.jpg

Q61Ty.jpg

Edit:

BlackIronCount said:
i do care just to lazy to post a the time detail info is out (8 days ago), still surprise one weeks and no one would post this.

disgaea team + noizi ito arts + ZHP successor make this in the top of my most wanted game next year when localized (it's NIS PS3 game NISA will definitely localize this one complete with dual voice)

anyway dengeki detail

Dengeki this week has the full scoop on Nippon Ichi Software and Team Disgaea’s latest PlayStation 3 strategy RPG The God and the Fate Revolution Paradox.

Limited Edition includes:

• Guide and short novel booklet.
  • A character song CD sung by the members of Love Live.
  • An exclusive box set.

Voice Actors
The main character and the male angel’s voice actors are introduced.

• Renya Kagurazaka (CV: Satoshi Hino)
  • Lekiel Ishuuin (CV: Noriaki Sugiyama)
  • Galucion Himekawa (CV: Akito Kimura)

System
Can’t really tell other than it looks like the battlefield is composed of square tiles and attacks are done within a character’s parameters. Looks like a rogue-like system.

Dungeon

• Protagonist Renya and his partner will explore dungeons.
  • Enemies and obstacles in dungeons are the physical embodiment of “fate”.
  • Random dungeons are different every time you enter them.
  • There are hexahedral dungeons; each side has enemies and high/low changes.
  • The previous Flying Get report by GK said that the dungeons were connected room by room, but it seems that dungeons have typical narrow passages that connect to rooms too.
Support

• Support angels can fight as decoys.
  • They not only follow you, but can do actions separately too.
  • How you instruct them is not known yet.
  • Each angel’s specialty is different, for instancr Liliel’s specialty is healing and Sheriel’s specialty is attacking, etc.
Changing Clothes

• Change the parameter by changing their “Heavenly Garb”.
  • Doing this also changes their appearance. One screen shows Renya in cat ears/gloves with Liliel.
  • Other outfits include a magician costume, a pirate costume and a crossdressing outfit? (Ladies clothing besides his head.)
  • You can also change the angel’s appearances.
  • There is also exoskeleton/mecha-ish equipment too.

Lift & Throw
Both god and angels can lift and throw. You can do things like move to separated areas or fly over groups of enemies.

Accessories

• The Heavenly Garb have accessories with various effects like the Pico Pico Hammer which can bury enemies and a drill (head accessory) that can remove enemies from underground.
  • Using the Heavenly Garb improves its abilities.
  • God can strengthen by pouring power into panels obtained from the Heavenly Garb.

Level
Other than the reset level, a “total level” is established; according to this your status improves.

Enemy
Huge enemies, suicidal enemies, revivable zombies, and a variety of small fry enemies are introduced.

Characters
Demons are the enemies of angels. The demons are so strong that angels can’t oppose them on their own. According to some lines from Liliel, battle-wise the demons have overwhelming superiority.

• Satanadia Kyougoku (CV: Tako Kawamura) –older, leader demon.
  • Floonetie Koizuka (CV: Pile) – Satanadia’s aide, a woman demon.
  • Valial Nikaidou (CV: Takashi Hayashi) – a warlike demon.

Sheliel Kouji, the angel in the illustration, has some lines about transforming from a demon to an angel

Thanks, Sokuho@Hokanko.

Source Gematsu

also the character song is by "love live" which mean the female cast would be voiced by μ's member (nanjo yoshino etc)

Really depressing that no one on GAF cares about this game at all. It's not confirmed that the game is a spiritual successor to Zettai Hero Project. It's a turn based random dungeon crawler where your level resets to 1 each time you leave the dungeon, but you also have a "total level" which continues to boost your base stats.

The game also uses a partner system where the hero and one angel tags along in the dungeon. The characters can move independently to act as decoys, and each angel has special abilities. Characters can also carry and throw each other. The game is filled with customization just like ZHP, for both the hero and the angels.

BUT NO ONE CARES. The Disgaea team is doing a ZHP game on the PS3!!!!! BUT NO ONE CARES?!?! Meh. :/

http://www.famitsu.com/news/201210/04022223.html

bizGs.jpg

gL0j9.jpg

ZbUbg.jpg

Q0cYA.jpg

J45Gj.jpg

Q61Ty.jpg

Mixed messages is it zhp style or not?

Not sure if I'm a fan of the art, need to see in motion.

kadotsu

Banned
Day one. I hope this new series has the same bite ZHP had, writing wise. Furthermore, I would appreciate more end game/high difficultly content which ZHP kind of lacked.

Edit: By the way is there any new news on "The Witch and the Hundred Henchmen"?

TGMIII

I'll care more when a localization is announced.

Pretty much this. Enjoyed ZHP so I'll most likely enjoy this too.

I wonder if NIS have any more plans on releasing PC versions of their games after CladunX2. Stuff like this with rougelike elements seems to be a perfect fit for PC.

LegatoB

Art style isn't as fun as ZHP's, and NIS's trademark themes of FRIENDSHIP, LOVE, and HARD WORK fit with the only-kinda-sarcastic tokusatsu theme of ZHP better than anywhere else. But day 1 (English release) anyway! ZHP is easily NIS's best game of the generation.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!

I dont care for the art style with the character design thats why. Ever since I first saw it didnt like the character art. Seeing it now and hearing what its about still doesnt make me want to change the decision to not buy it. Even if ZHP was one of my favorite new IPs they brought out.

hswbaz

Neo Member
I can't tell if Duckroll is genuinely excited, or sarcastic...lol.

This is the first I've heard anyone talk of ZHP (only thing I know is what it stands for), guess I'll have to try it. But I like the look of the game, and I'm a sucker for any NIS PS3 games.

duckroll

Aight. You got my attention now. Really wish they continued with the ZHP "motif", but I can certainly give this a whirl.

I think they might have if the game sold more. To me, Nippon Ichi seems constantly trapped in a self-confidence maze where they don't know if they should be true to their own vision or attach various popular tropes and art styles to their games to try to sell more. It's really weird.

At least they're giving the ZHP gameplay another serious go though, I think that's what matters most. Hopefully it doesn't fail. :/

Aru

Z.H.P was great but I think this kind of game is more suited to handhelds.
But I will keep an eye on it !

Stark

Banned
She's cute so I care!

Also, I love the artstyle- fits well with the crazy-ness of it. Doesn't seem at all generic.

GhaleonQ

500000000000 MORE SCREENS! OMG!

LOOK IT REALLY IS ZHP!!!

LOOK AT ALL THE CUSTOMIZATION!!!

Okay, NOW, I'm interested. Siliconera made it sound like it was a compromise between Makai Chronicle Disgaea and Z.H.P./Absolute Hero Modeling Project. It's now more obvious that it's a glorious, glorious fusion.

For people complaining about the art style: think harder. I DEFINITELY want a sequel (well, direct; almost all of their games take place in the same canon), but this is a beautiful example of a tonal sequel with a new property. The art style and premise are obvious parodic, as LOOK AT THE DOG AND CAT ENEMIES, THE SILLY CUSTOMIZATION, AND THE CRAZY MECHS.

This is not a weeaboo-pandering situation.

Never heard of ZHP before, but I love Disgaea so.... maybe?

It's their best ever game, I think.

Zalasta

Love SRPG, but I never cared for NIS game design choices. Sometimes less is more and NIS doesn't seem to understand that concept.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
I dont care for the art style with the character design thats why. Ever since I first saw it didnt like the character art. Seeing it now and hearing what its about still doesnt make me want to change the decision to not buy it. Even if ZHP was one of my favorite new IPs they brought out.

I'm not too crazy about the art either. The battle sprites look like a Maplestory head on a Persona body.

The game itself looks interesting and I would definitely consider it if it got an English release. Playing PSO2 in half English half Japanese atm and it's driving me insane; needs mah English.

Kyou

Came in here all prepared to instantly dislike whatever N1 was making now but that actually looks pretty cool.

Jay Sosa

That is some good looking art design. Seems like finally some more interesting RPGs are getting released for the PS3. Took'em (generally speaking) long enough.

LOOK AT ALL THE CUSTOMIZATION!!!

Nice, customization is always a big plus to me.

TreIII

I think they might have if the game sold more. To me, Nippon Ichi seems constantly trapped in a self-confidence maze where they don't know if they should be true to their own vision or attach various popular tropes and art styles to their games to try to sell more. It's really weird.

Agreed. Though sometimes, their experimentation works out for good. And then you get cases like this, where I just wanted the same "vibe" to remain.

Ah well. This is now on my radar. And hey, providing that I get to customize everybody on my squad to look like they came from ZHP, I guess I'll be alright anyway!

AwShucks

I CARE! ZHP was freakin' awesome. I went into the game thinking "this should be at least somewhat entertaining" and it ended up being one of my top NIS games.

I hope this comes stateside

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
I CARE DUCKROLL AND I'LL BUY THE SHIT OUT OF THIS!

You're a bad person.

Zen

Banned
Day one. I hope this new series has the same bite ZHP had, writing wise. Furthermore, I would appreciate more end game/high difficultly content which ZHP kind of lacked.

Edit: By the way is there any new news on "The Witch and the Hundred Henchmen"?

I've been eyeing ZHP on PSN for some time but the high price keeps me away, is it really that good?

Top Bottom