• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New screenshots of The Witcher 3

Folstern

Different types of games. Honestly, after playing through The Witcher 1 and 2 recently, I'm not quite as ecstatic about the series as a lot of other people are. Extremely pretty at times, but that was really what I liked most. The environments are small in number and the few dungeons are pretty terrible. You only use/need like a few different swords and armor throughout the entire game. There's only a tiny handful of spells(and in 2, they're unlocked at the start already). The skill tree stuff isn't very inspired(and is particularly bad in 2). All in all, it lacked a lot of what I like in an RPG. So I can see why somebody would be more excited for another series. I still prefer The Elder Scrolls games BY FAR. Not even a competition.

Hopefully the open-world nature of TW3 means that a lot of these elements necessitate improving.
Joke post?

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim:
  • Dungeons are copy and pasted.
  • Before even reaching level 10 you can craft daedric armor/weapons.
  • A handful of useful spells.
  • Generic perk tree.
Not to mention the fact you're comparing open world RPGs to two basic RPG games following a specific individual.

Not enough wuts on planet Earth.

Seanspeed

Banned
Joke post?

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim:
  • Dungeons are copy and pasted.
  • Before even reaching level 10 you can craft daedric armor/weapons.
  • A handful of useful spells.
  • Generic perk tree.
Not to mention the fact you're comparing open world RPGs to two basic RPG games following a specific individual.

Not enough wuts on planet Earth.
This would be easier if you weren't obviously a Skyrim-basher who isn't going to be reasonable whatsoever, but I'll bite anyways:

- Whatever cutting and pasting there is in Skyrim's dungeons, there's still a decent variety of settings, some fairly intricate and unique ones, and in general, is a lot better than anything in the Witcher games, which have a scant few, small, boring dungeons that don't even look particularly great.

- So you can craft Daedric weapons early, ok? I don't know what this matters to what I'm saying. I don't do that. If you do, whatever.

- A handful of 'useful' spells. Well, again, I'd rather have a large variety of spells where I can pick out and choose which ones I find useful rather than having just a small handful that available to me. Just my opinion. There is no right or wrong in this.

- Generic perk tree - I'd disagree. I think the perk trees were done quite well, even if a little rebalancing might have helped. Again, just my opinion.

I see you're trying to turn this into a pissing match, but ultimately, it comes down to you not being able to understand how somebody could have a different taste in RPG's to you, which really isn't worth me spending much more time on trying to point out to you. I'm glad you like The Witcher games. Its too bad you don't like Skyrim, but whatever, I don't really care.

slade

Still on the fence about this game. From what I've read about the first two games, the combat sucked and that is what I want the most from an ARPG. If they manage to outdo Amalur or Dogma, I'll give them a shot. Until then, cautiously optimistic.

Gonna rock my Witcher shirt to midnight launch, just tell me the time and date CDPR (also a gameplay trailer would be nice whenever you're ready)

Hopefully I'll have fixed my PC in time for the launch of The Witcher 3. It's a fair distance away, but money constraints have ruined me. (At least in terms of PC gaming)

Anyway, love The Witcher 2 and if this builds on everything that made it so great, combat, graphics, etc. then I think I'm ready to fall in love again.

Top Bottom