• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Sega Genesis Plug-In-Play Console announced, Coming in October

Well this came out of nowhere. In honor of Sonic's 25th Anniversary, ATGames is releasing another Genesis plug and play console with 80 games and according to the listing it's coming in October. Yes this is real and you can pre-order it right now

e1643627e491f11b2bb16868368eed5c.jpg

Link to the Pre-Order: http://www.smythstoys.com/uk/en-gb/...ega-drive-classic-game-console-with-80-games/

Here's what included, gamesGames
Cn_YMxnWEAAPytK.jpg:large

JohnTinker

Limbaugh Parrot
NES & Genesis on store shelves again. What decade is it?

Really cool, nonetheless

80 games? Step it up, Nintendo

Karuto

What makes this different from the other Sega Genesis 80-game system available? The 25th anniversary branding?

kmfdmpig

40 real games - 40 fillers that are listed as "Games List - bonus cartridge games"

On the plus side it plays MD/Genesis cartridges, which is nice.

Where are Phantasy Star Games? Fatal Labrynth (a trash game) makes it, but Phantasy Star 2-4 don't? That's dumb.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Awww, poor Nintendo isn't gonna have it's moment now.

These things are always shoddy, but most people here aren't going to be the target audience for it anyway.

Daffy Duck

God that looks awful.

Nintendo had he right idea of minifying the old console, that thing, eugh.

And that's coming from a SEGA fanboy.

Blam

Damn Sega and Nintendo fighting it out again.

Also this looks to have a port for games but I'm probably wrong about that aren't I.

LewieP

They should give us a mini-Dreamcast. A SOC version of DC hardware exists, but it was only used in a few arcade machines.

If Sega themselves can't manufacture it, maybe TecToy could?

Oh yeah, if theses things are the same as the other plug and play consoles from them, then I'll just pass. Besides I got Sonics Gensis Collection on PS3.

Just as Animal Crossing on the Gamecube covers nearly everything worthwhile in the mini NES, Sonic Mega Collection covers nearly everything worthwhile here.

MrBenchmark

These are absolute garbage I have one it collects dust sound video are horrible freezes with some actual carts the controllers are trash as well. Do yourself and pass. I use my original Genesis the sound alone is heavenly.

Sorcerer

40 real games - 40 fillers that are listed as "Games List - bonus cartridge games"

On the plus side it plays MD/Genesis cartridges, which is nice.

Where are Phantasy Star Games? Fatal Labrynth (a trash game) makes it, but Phantasy Star 2-4 don't? That's dumb.

So far none of the MegaDrive clones have any kind of internal memory. So no Phantasy Stars, or games that require a save state.

Edit:

Does this thing still use composite cables?

Top Bottom