• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Sengoku Musou Wave (Wii) screens

Dante

Those are horrendous looking, if devs can't handle realistic graphics I wish more would try to make more styleized graphics.

Mr. TV Goggles said:
Wtf? It's a perfectly good excuse.

There's no excuse for visuals this bad on a next gen console in 2006/2007. I'd rather look at Uno than this. (Ironic that I'm in the thread then, huh?)

This is just as bad as those early EA games on the DS like King Kong, NFS, and Burnout. The Wii is much more capable than this.

I guess I should've actually said this software shouldn't be priced at $50 rather than attacked the Wii's price. It's the software that's at fault here. But I doubt we'll be seeing sub PS2 visuals on the 360/PS3 anytime soon.

jarosh said:
lol2.jpg

Damn right. I was hoping someone would post some KING KONG in this thread.

Forgotten Ancient said:
There's no excuse for visuals this bad on a next gen console in 2006/2007. I'd rather look at Uno than this. (Ironic that I'm in the thread then, huh?)

This is just as bad as those early EA games on the DS like King Kong, NFS, and Burnout. The Wii is much more capable than this.

I guess I should've actually said this software shouldn't be priced at $50 rather than attacked the Wii's price. It's the software that's at fault here. But I doubt we'll be seeing sub PS2 visuals on the 360/PS3 anytime soon.

There will be no effort until Wii takes off sales wise, if it ever does.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
For ****s sake.

Dear Nintendo,

I love you and all, and I know the Wii is able to at least match the ps2/xbox if not go beyond it, but you seriously need to slap some publishers/developers around if you want people to buy the Wii for stuff other than your own first party titles.

Regards,

Tempy

Branduil

Koei: Hay guyz let's port a PS1 game to the Wii, no one will notice!

Reggie: Die monster, you don't belong in this world!

Reggie kills Koei and takes their name, world rejoices.

Xiaoki

After the unveiling of this and Far Cry Wii I truly feel we have another DS situation on our hands.

A situation where only Nintendo has the graphics libraries to produce good graphics on the Wii leaving the third party companies with nothing and the results for thier efforts is what we have here.

Course, if Nintendo has all the great looking Wii games and everyone else has the equivalent of bad PS2 ports then it is very likely that Nintendo will gain 75% or more of all software sales on the Wii(again, going back to the DS).

Xiaoki said:
After the unveiling of this and Far Cry Wii I truly feel we have another DS situation on our hands.

A situation where only Nintendo has the graphics libraries to produce good graphics on the Wii leaving the third party companies with nothing and the results for thier efforts is what we have here.

Course, if Nintendo has all the great looking Wii games and everyone else has the equivalent of bad PS2 ports then it is very likely that Nintendo will gain 75% or more of all software sales on the Wii(again, going back to the DS).

If you think Nintendo had bad 3rd party support for the GC, you ain't seen nothing yet. They're going to get hammered! Honestly, the only reason to buy the Wii is for the 1st party games. I pray that we don't end up getting basically GC titles with a new way of controlling the game, and that's all.

Rocked

Xiaoki said:

3rd parties are capable of making nice games. Tony Hawks is looking VERY nice in new pictures as is Red Steel. It seems to be the ports that look absolutely terrible for some reason...

Furoba

Rocked said:
3rd parties are capable of making nice games. Tony Hawks is looking VERY nice in new pictures as is Red Steel. It seems to be the ports that look absolutely terrible for some reason...

Quick ports = easy money
We've seen (actually, we still do) it with Xbox 360, and we'll see it happening with PS3 as well.

good god.

nice to see no one claiming that this somehow represents what the Wii can do.

KOEI would do better to just pretend the Wii doesn't exist if this is what they're bringing to it.

Deku

Banned
Amir0x said:
seriously does anyone else feel like KOEI is just trolling the Wii?
KOEI's first gen games look like shit or are unplayable tech demos as were their PS2 launch titles. It's good for Nintendo that they're putting one game on it. This hasn't happened in forever.

What I'm waiting for are their next set of games. Nobunaga's Ambition with Wii functions would be awesome.

Monk

Banned
Amir0x said:
seriously does anyone else feel like KOEI is just trolling the Wii?

[olimario]but. but. GRASS![/olimario]

Seriously why one earth even bother with this? Why would the ps2 demographic all of a sudden jump on the Wii bandwagon for a DW game?

[long shot]Port Uncharted Waters Online to the Wii, please. :([/longshot]

KINGMOKU

Holy hell. Even the most ardent Nintendo supporter cant defend those screenshots.

****ing pisses me off ta' boot.

You know what this seems like? Nintendo's third-party support since the N64 has been junk, and they missed out on a ton of entire series of games from certain developers. It's almost as if they are like;

"Hey, we have an entire audience of people who never played this series, port anything and everything to the ****ing Wii."

This is beyond horrid looking. Criminal charges should be brought up for making my eyes run screaming from thier sockets.

Kuroyume

Banned
You people need to stop crapping on it. This probably game looks better in motion. Once they add in motion blur it will look even better.

Cosmozone

Uh-oh. :lol
This looks like the ugliest game I've ever seen. Unbelievable.

Xiaoki said:
I guess publishers could put out a game at NES level and people would still blame Nintendo.

KINGMOKU

Kuroyume said:
You people need to stop crapping on it. This probably game looks better in motion. Once they add in motion blur it will look even better.
BULLSHIT.

I am a hardcore Nintendo fan, and this is just ****ing horseshit. Those screenshots could be mistaken for early Dreamcast, lateN64.

Dont even try and defend this steaming pile of port-o-thon, make-quick-buck, someone-will-buy-it, its-all-about-controll, nintendo-fans-are-blind, nut-sack-quality screenshots.

THEY ****ING SUCK.

Top Bottom