• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Sengoku Musou Wave (Wii) screens

cvxfreak

Man, that looks so outdated, and even for an outdated looking game it looks pretty ugly.

I guess this is what happens when you mostly ignored the GC hardware last gen. You're not well prepared for the hardware like other developers. I hope Capcom puts forth a better effort with Sengoku BASARA.

KINGMOKU

bullshitcrap.jpg

This is just criminal. Taking a brand new platform, with an awesome new idea for a controller, and just tacking on a "wow look at this game!!!" controll method for a few bucks.

Just an awesome job you Koei bastards.

moku said:
bullshitcrap.jpg

This is just criminal. Taking a brand new platform, with an awesome new idea for a controller, and just tacking on a "wow look at this game!!!" controll method for a few bucks.

Just an awesome job you Koei bastards.
whats more shocking is that it looks worse than their solitary cube game (which came out in 2002).
bathousin1.jpg

not MUCH worse mind, but undoubtedly worse.

Marbles

Somebodies taking the piss, why even release dodgy screens like that.

If the game looks as bad as this on release, just ban me, put me out of my misery.

Work in progess FTWii.

KINGMOKU

jehuty said:
Is it possible for Koei to be able to improve the graphics by launch?
To what? This game looks mind-boggelingly bad.

"Just wait man, it'll improve to late dreamcast quality."

The starting point here is what games loooed like 10 years ago. think about that. It's not like a bad looking Gamecube game, PS2 game, or even a dreamcast game. This is a poor/marginal looking playstation ONE game.

Improve? Setting the developers on fire could be the only improvment.

jarrod

Banned
222 MHz (clocked) CPU
166 MHz GPU
24MB main RAM

=

Castle_03.jpg

729 MHz CPU
243 MHz GPU
88MB main RAM

=

9.jpg

...way to go Omega Force.

Monk

Banned
jarrod said:
222 MHz (clocked) CPU
166 MHz GPU
24MB main RAM

=

Castle_03.jpg

729 MHz CPU
243 MHz GPU
88MB main RAM

=

9.jpg

...way to go Omega Force.

To be fair, the psp screen is very dark and hence hide their ugliness better. You have to look at the Wii screenshots like looking at the sun, like at an angle or with special goggles.

koam

Jim said:
Simple reason? The game has no official (or unofficial for that matter) North American name, and Koei themselves instructed everyone to use that as a title. I don't think it's going to be "Samurai Warriors: Musou Wave".

IGN has it as "Samurai Warriors Wave (Wii)" and at least, when someone reads the thread name, they know what to expect.

weepy

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Luna104

Reminds me of Lands of Lore: Guardians of Destiny. Which I do love. I'm this close to making an appreciation thread.

HAR HAR

Parl

No surprise that the graphics for this game sucks. Koei had little/no experience with the GameCube; even those who did are open to new abilities with Wii in relation to GC (the greater RAM has made some features a lot more feasable).

Koei aren't the best for graphics anyway, and I bet their main graphics artists and coders are tucked away doing Fatal Inertia.

Still, this might improve, but I won't expect wonders.

SMG proves that Wii can pull of some good stuff in the graphics department, and I'm sure that's not the last good eye candy we'll see on Wii. I think all will be fine.

Top Bottom