• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Shenmue 3 Prototype Screenshot

Spaghetti

FOR AN EXAMPLE HOW PROTOTYPES WORK, SEE:

STREET FIGHTER 4 PROTOTYPE

BAYONETTA PROTOTYPE

THANKS

------------

From the Magic Monaco press event in Paris.

From Facebook, so not high res:
12622199_932544280157893_1682528412695750917_o.jpg

12495955_932544326824555_167646300837251245_o.jpg

12491783_932544366824551_918567521848422281_o.jpg

Video courtesy of Shenmue Master:
https://youtu.be/6N14ICLJuM4

---------

Feb 9th Update

Two new screens from a Yu Suzuki interview with Red Bull.

shenmue-3%E2%80%99s-environment-is-making-use-of-ue4.jpg

expect-plenty-of-mystery-in-the-forthcoming-shenmue-3-video-game.jpg

Ground texture looks like it could do with another pass and the grass could do with some basic shadows, otherwise looks ok I guess? Honestly the quality of the image is so bad it's hard to make much out but anything at the very foreground.

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
Looks gorgeous, but HOW are they expecting people to jump into this game if they never played the first 2? It's very story dependent.

Shenmue 1 is on a dead system and 2 was released on the original Xbox so many people with current consoles missed out.

..I think the original Dreamcast games look more pleasing visually. As others have said it looks like those janky "Zelda in Unreal Engine" fan videos. Still, early days.

I don't have massive expectations for this game graphically, so I think that looks quite purty.

Above all, they need to nail that quintessential Shenmue ambiance. It needs to feel like a Shenmue game.

Is it just me or is Ryo a lot taller than before? He's really towering over Shenhua there.

maxresdefault.jpg

Comparing the two it does appear to be quite a difference.

xion4360

Honestly doesnt look great but I dont even care, I need this.

Looks gorgeous, but HOW are they expecting people to jump into this game if they never played the first 2? It's very story dependent.

Shenmue 1 is on a dead system and 2 was released on the original Xbox so many people with current consoles missed out.

It's not like thats a hard thing to remedy.. all you need is a story recap and I think they are going to include one, or try youtube.

Is it just me or is Ryo a lot taller than before? He's really towering over Shenhua there.

maxresdefault.jpg

Comparing the two it does appear to be quite a difference.

ehh not really.. she looks really short there too and ryo is closer to the camera...also not even ground.

Top Bottom